Options

Emmerdale - Past and Present (Part 8)

Comments

• Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right! Sorry, must remember never to expect that in Emmerdale

Actually, I've decided that the coroner who dealt with Carl and Gennie was crap, and therefore got the sack, and they have replaced them with the best one in Britain, who can tell things like they have been dug up and reburied in a matter of hours and
    can figure out who it is from bones within a few days:D:cool:

Apologies pixie! Had my reply box open for ages (OMG, that sounds bad :o or perhaps it's just my mind :D) so didn't realise that you'd said something similar about the other pathologist being sacked and replaced with a brilliant one :) And you're right, they'll be THAT brillant that no DNA test will be required :cool:
    kwynne42 wrote: »
    I noticed but was too polite to say anything.

Not like you to hold back Kwynny! :D
    And again on a purely selfish note I'm glad you're still here - for now anyway (*fingers still crossed for you*)
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I did, but nobody noticed my temporary absence from t'P&P and Discussion threads either. They seem to be back on track now though fortunately

What? You weren't here or there?

:p:D
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    I think JR had it right when he said they'd know who it is because not many skeletons still have the lips attached. :D

ROFL!!!!! That is brilliant!
    Well done JR, gave me a right laugh.

Oh bugger. Got to go out again. Drat.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have an awful feeling that Steve is planning to take over the Home Farm, glamping, festival, stables etc if Declan goes down.

I do hope not, the thought of Bernice screeching and bawling all over the place not to say "lording" it over th entre county would just be unbearable.:mad:
  • Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    barrowgirl wrote: »
    2)" Brenda attempted all sorts of disgusting emotional blackmail to stop Molly going and then held onto her like a limpet, always one to make a difficult situation 10 time worse that woman" - Kwynne .

If my daughter had just died in a car crash and then my grand daughter was being taken away from me too - I would be howling down the village and bursting that taxi's wheels , (after nutting Nikhil on the nose of course ).

Me too.
  • Options
    barrowgirlbarrowgirl Posts: 1,944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    had to laugh tonight when that lady copper was leaning back on her chair with her hands behind her head - pushing out her huge "frontage " .She looked ridiculous :D if her buttons have strained anymore ,Declan could have been shot in the eye and blinded :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not entirely wide awake yet but a couple of things. Declan, you were in The Bill, so you know the system and banging frantically on the cell door will not get you out. Was he wearing his oh no, I haven't got any insurance and can't afford legal representation wig on when he was desperately holding it on his head. Also a question to Mac owners, do you not need to charge your lap tops etc., as there were no batteries or leads anywhere in sight when the police collected them and do they really not need need a warrant to take the equipment?
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Not entirely wide awake yet but a couple of things. Declan, you were in The Bill, so you know the system and banging frantically on the cell door will not get you out. Was he wearing his oh no, I haven't got any insurance and can't afford legal representation wig on when he was desperately holding it on his head. Also a question to Mac owners, do you not need to charge your lap tops etc., as there were no batteries or leads anywhere in sight when the police collected them and do they really not need need a warrant to take the equipment?

bib::D:D:D
  • Options
    crunchie crispcrunchie crisp Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member

Dont need a warrant for a search once the the owner is in custody. According to other cop shows :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    The police lady really went up in my estimations tonight, I don't know what it was that done it, during the interview room scenes she revealed some talent which I just wasn't expecting :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont need a warrant for a search once the the owner is in custody. According to other cop shows :D

Thanks crunchie, you live and learn :)
    Ricmcc1766 wrote: »
    The police lady really went up in my estimations tonight, I don't know what it was that done it, during the interview room scenes she revealed some talent which I just wasn't expecting :o

I was half asleep Ric, so I didn't notice

PS.I am feeling a little queasy as I have just scoffed a whole bag of Thornton's cappuccino continental chocolates, managing to pop the last one in my mouth before Mr Tinks caught me :o
  • Options
    kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Analysis is safe for now as Kwynne didn't get the job, Kwynne sad.

Analysis of emmerdale characters shortish version

1) Declan - he is in the deep doo doo, suspected of covering up a murder if not being suspected himself, he was also suspected of doing away with with Katie since she left without telling anyone where she was going at a moments notice, naturally the police where suspicious of this . Also the festival is off they don't have any insurance and Declan is having is annual financial meltdown where he almost but never quite does go bankrupt, of course if he spent less money on Modern art and furnishing his house bizarrely he might have a lot more money.

2) DS Bossy boots is the best police detective in years, they should give her her own spin off show, where she fight crime with the head of her tremendous imagination for crime scenarios even if most are wrong, no doubt she will get her man eventually, whether it will be the right man is debatable as this is Emmerdale we are talking about.

3) Smarmy Lawyer, I want him when i AM WRONGLY ACCUSED OF MURDER.

4) Megan given to snapping at poor underlings in time of crisis and panicing when she realises all may be lost.

5)The irredemable Junkie - what a pointless waste of space Rhona has become, kill her off Emmerdale as a warning to all drugs users let her fulfill some purpose, to think I used to love this character..

6) Vanessa find some other worthy person to fall in love with the Junkie is just not worth it.

7 The Bumbling idiot just bumbled aroud uselessly, flapped is arms a bit and got no where.

8) Dull dan was suprised he had 2 women fighting over him and frankly so am I

9) Chas got on quite well with Dull Dan, tried to poison Ashley with eveil tasting drink and had a spat with Kerry.

10 Amy - Not missing Kyle at all is she.

11) Vile Val - shut up Val.

12) Eric talked sense.
  • Options
    GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Perhaps Declan's wigs control his fate. If he swops it for his 'everything's going to be fine wig'that'll work wonders for him:D
  • Options
    pixiegirl123pixiegirl123 Posts: 15,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Apologies pixie! Had my reply box open for ages (OMG, that sounds bad :o or perhaps it's just my mind :D) so didn't realise that you'd said something similar about the other pathologist being sacked and replaced with a brilliant one :) And you're right, they'll be THAT brillant that no DNA test will be required :cool:

Great minds think alike Lotty :D
    3) Smarmy Lawyer, I want him when i AM WRONGLY ACCUSED OF MURDER.

Are you planning on being accused of murder anytime soon? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great minds think alike Lotty :D

Are you planning on being accused of murder anytime soon? :confused:

No but I live in the same region of Corrie and Emmerdale so you never know when you might wrongly be accused of murder.:)
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No but I live in the same region of Corrie and Emmerdale so you never know when you might wrongly be accused of murder.:)

I know, me too! Every time I hear of a local murder, I go into hiding behind the sofa, because I know it's only a matter of time until the local plods come and (wrongly) arrest me. :eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're in opposing regions. :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry about the job kwynny, perhaps next time we could all do a group hug for you
    Just a small matter tonight, why was Laurel aghast when she came down and found Paddy sitting on the settee and sort of gasp Arthur will be down in a minute, it wasn't as if Paddy was in the nude
    On another note, where is everybody, it seems very quiet on here :cry:
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking back at when it was Holly who was addicted to drugs, I'm sure there was an occasion when she stole some drugs from the vets surgery and was found out, possibly by Ashley or Moira. They then felt the need to apologise to Rhona upon returning the drugs to her. Ooh the irony....:eek::D
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This whole drugs storyline started off really well, but now it's all about Vanessa's feelings for Rhona which is a shame.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avaconrad wrote: »
    This whole drugs storyline started off really well, but now it's all about Vanessa's feelings for Rhona which is a shame.

Why? :confused:
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry about the job kwynny, perhaps next time we could all do a group hug for you
    Just a small matter tonight, why was Laurel aghast when she came down and found Paddy sitting on the settee and sort of gasp Arthur will be down in a minute, it wasn't as if Paddy was in the nude
    On another note, where is everybody, it seems very quiet on here :cry:

Maybe she thought Arthur would get a hell of a shock at seeing Humpty Dumpty had come to life in the living room:o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe she thought Arthur would get a hell of a shock at seeing Humpty Dumpty had come to life in the living room:o:D

:D Humpty Numpty more like! :D
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    Why? :confused:

Although the twist with Vanessa's feelings is not entirely believable, I think the idea is to portray how once someone is hooked on drugs they can do anything, no matter how much it might hurt family and friends, just to help them get their next fix. I therefore hate Rhona's behaviour but do not hate her as a character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poor Cameron always on the go attempting cover ups and sorting out the leftover messes from his various murders, keeping that many plays spinning in the air must be exhausting for the poor lad, solves one problem several others appear, like Alex rudely reappearing pity the poor lad heh
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    avaconrad wrote: »

Better that than the drugs crap storyline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mini synopsis of Ep

Alex made his triumphal return to the village
    Declan wants to blackmail Jai into saving his business which is being ruined by Alex.
    Brigadoon Charity moaned at Jai and Jai moaned at Charity.
    Amy Stole Kyle's tiger and Eric attempted to make her forget by paying for her drunken nights out.
    Victoria was cheerful, how cheerful will she be when she finds out about her ex boyfriend Alex's demise.
    Debbie and Cameron returned and Debbie cracked mirrors by smiling.
    Cameron was cheerful until he found out about Alex and had a funny turn
    The Moron seized Leo from the drug addled JUunkie.
    The Junkie manipulated Vanessa by kissing her.
    Revolting Junkie.
This discussion has been closed.