Options

New software on Humax site

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 178
    Forum Member
    woolfynorm wrote:

I personnaly find the 20 timer restriction a real pain, probably because her indoors likes Corry and Eastenders so I use up 11 weekly timer events before I start!!!

Woolfynorm

Have you tried using daliy timers and just deleting the recordings you don't need? Could reduce the 11 down to 3 or 4...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    As I am getting lockups at 59 minutes past the hour most days on the BBC mux (I am now not watching or recording off the BBC mux)Is the OTA update a definate for Thurs or am I better off investing in a null modem cable?
    Update is still shown as only provisional on the DTG website.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would invest in one, you would now be running the update!

I have heard of people paying 99p on e-bay, would anybody care to share the sources with us all?

TBH I had one in my box of old PC bits, you know the box, you should throw them out, but never get round to it!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a null-modem cable from cablestar* via eBay. 99p + 99p delivery. Arrived the next day.

Although I could wait for the OAD, I like the idea that I can keep an archive of firmware versions and revert to an older version if some nasty bug gets introduced at any point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have heard of people paying 99p on e-bay, would anybody care to share the sources with us all?

Cablestar have been recommended as a mail order supplier.

See www.cablestar.co.uk and search for a null modem cable

and http://tinyurl.com/qdj8z for a USB to RS232 adaptor for those of you with modern laptops or PCs that have no "legacy" devices (ie Serial port)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 500
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The source is cablestar.

You need one of these, and if you have no RS232 socket, you'll need one of these too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    And for those who've now read the manual, don't have a PC or want to buy cables - Multiplex B means one of the following channels:

Cbeebies
    BBCi 301, 302 & 303
    BBC FOUR
    Community
    PARLIAMENT
  • Options
    fixermanfixerman Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jda180hm wrote:
    And for those who've now read the manual, don't have a PC or want to buy cables - Multiplex B means one of the following channels:

Cbeebies
    BBCi 301, 302 & 303
    BBC FOUR
    Community
    PARLIAMENT

Is that the same for all transmitters? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    fixerman wrote:
    Is that the same for all transmitters? :confused:
    Yes the channel split to the 6 different muxes is the same on ALL transmitters. As shown here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/terrestrial/mux/

Cliff
  • Options
    tejaytejay Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Has the issue of the EPG being stored on the hard disk been resolved and does any one know if they have sorted the RF cutting the signal on boot up?
  • Options
    mkstevomkstevo Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    Presumably no-one with the new software suffered a 12.59pm lockup today, Monday 3 April?

Time now 18:10pm , box left on BBC1 since 07:50am , no lockups today ... [Sound of fingers being crossed ...]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I'm having no luck downloading the software tools. They seem to download but then will not instal on my PC. Has anyone got any suggestions.

Thanks
  • Options
    mkstevomkstevo Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    drteeth wrote:
    I'm having no luck downloading the software tools. They seem to download but then will not instal on my PC. Has anyone got any suggestions.

I use the WDN4OAK+ tool , and have no trouble with it . I have used this on Win '95 and XP . Perhaps you need admin privileges ?

Used this today on my ( VERY ) touchy laptop which has a TransMeta processor and no serial port , if it will run it surely anything will ??
  • Options
    Barry.WilliamsBarry.Williams Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mkstevo wrote:
    I use the WDN4OAK+ tool , and have no trouble with it . I have used this on Win '95 and XP . Perhaps you need admin privileges ?

Used this today on my ( VERY ) touchy laptop which has a TransMeta processor and no serial port , if it will run it surely anything will ??

Normally with XP it will tell you if you need Admin right. Most people at least home uses automatically install XP with Admin rights.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drteeth wrote:

Thanks
    Probably not the reason, but have you extracted the files using winzip or the windows extract tool, before trying to run setup.exe?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I haven't installed the new software yet (need to wait for the OTA later in the week). The usual 12.59 lockup on BBC1, just before the 1pm news today, happened as normal despite me reading a post from someone saying the BBC had stopped transmitting the problem signal.

Presumably no-one with the new software suffered a 12.59pm lockup today, Monday 3 April?

I have had me box on BBC1 all day and no lock ups so far, so fingers crossed, we could be out of the woods.

Woolfynorm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jda180hm wrote:
    Have you tried using daliy timers and just deleting the recordings you don't need? Could reduce the 11 down to 3 or 4...

Yes, tried that, but had problems with clashes at the weekend. However I'm getting so short of timers I think I might give it another go!

Woolfynorm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    drteeth wrote:

Thanks

If you are missing a file, go to microsoft.com, and they detail how to install the missing component. I had the same problem.

Woolfynorm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wolfynorm, can you tell me which file you mean when you say there may be one missing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    drteeth wrote:
    wolfynorm, can you tell me which file you mean when you say there may be one missing.

Not sure of the name, but....

If you try to install the programe, you get an error report something about MS DOS programmes I think. Jot this down and seach on microsoft.com and you'll find the solution which is to copy some files from the windows XP disc.

Hope this helps.

Woolfynorm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Great thanks
  • Options
    bampsambampsam Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please excuse if this has been mentioned before,but will the OTA planned for Thursday 06/04 PGXTF 1.00.04 include the improvements of PGXTF 1.00.01?At the moment my 9200T is set for PGXTF 1.00.00.Regards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes 1.00.04 will have all the fixes of 1.00.01.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tejay wrote:
    Has the issue of the EPG being stored on the hard disk been resolved and does any one know if they have sorted the RF cutting the signal on boot up?

I believe that this enhancement is some time off. Maybe teaching you to suck eggs but .....

I programme my box to come out of standby an hour before we get up, we then review the days viewing and reserve as required, then swich the box to standby. Its swithed on when we come back home and switches it's self off about 01:00hrs to have a little rest overnight!!

Woolfynorm
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    jda 180hm Does this mean that for the OTA download the Humax has to be on one of the multiplex b channels that you specified?