stanlina wrote: »
    it's only telly!

ugh! the last bit wasn't on telly.

but yes, i know it is. :)
  • westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CASPER1066 wrote: »
    its part of their routine...........they did the same with Daniel..in fact I think it was John who stomped off the set.......

Yes that's right, after that week's show was finished, John stormed off the set because he was very annoyed with ALW's decision, but he also had a bit of a cry, which to me is just heartbreaking. But now after the show finished, Daniel and John are friends now and they are also singing a duet together in North Wales at a festival in August, and I'm so excited about that.

From Hayley
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    contestant and one judge is different than two judges off stage in plain view
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see most of these people who moan about judging try being the judge! Could be intersting. Amanda Holden will ALWAYS cry on Britains Got Talent, and tbh I know I'd TRY to be impartial, and would be as much as possible when giving my opinion, but when it was out of my hands (eg in the sing off where its up to ALW, I would be more likely to show emotion)

People can't win. As someone said if they didn't show any people would moan they didnt seem to care!!
    oh well, thats life!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes that's right, after that week's show was finished, John stormed off the set because he was very annoyed with ALW's decision, but he also had a bit of a cry, which to me is just heartbreaking. But now after the show finished, Daniel and John are friends now and they are also singing a duet together in North Wales at a festival in August, and I'm so excited about that.

From Hayley

It's the Faenol Festival, Bryn Terfel's "baby".

Are you going? Looks amazing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jane-hen12 wrote: »
    I'd love to see most of these people who moan about judging try being the judge! Could be intersting. Amanda Holden will ALWAYS cry on Britains Got Talent, and tbh I know I'd TRY to be impartial, and would be as much as possible when giving my opinion, but when it was out of my hands (eg in the sing off where its up to ALW, I would be more likely to show emotion)

People can't win. As someone said if they didn't show any people would moan they didnt seem to care!!
    oh well, thats life!

Britains got talent is not in the same league IMO anyway. Amanda can blub all she wants. this is for a west end production to try find a professional acting part. i am not saying don't show ANY emotion. if a song is moving fine show a tear, be emphatic that is absolutely fine.

i think everyone is missing the point of what professionalism is when it comes to showing favouritism on a casting show, and not a little here and there for the cameras, but blatant ott stuff. that is not what they were hired to do and then to ball like babies back stage (if it is true) is really really poor.
  • _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I couldn't agree with the OP more, I think it's silly.

It's not their JOB to be impartial. They're meant to give objective feedback, this does not mean they can't think someone should be Nancy and say so and have an emotional response to the fact.

It's ridiculous to think the judges shouldn't be allowed to have these opinions: it's what their entire role is based around. It's ABOUT favouritism: it's just that the public doesn't have to agree.
  • simonb65simonb65 Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    I thought it was hilarious as I watched it knowing what the result would be after reading the spoiler on here last week.

I've never seen such an obsessive judge as Barrowman. He even mentions Jessie when giving verdicts on the other Nancys
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree with the OP more, I think it's silly.

It's not their JOB to be impartial. They're meant to give objective feedback, this does not mean they can't think someone should be Nancy and say so and have an emotional response to the fact.

It's ridiculous to think the judges shouldn't be allowed to have these opinions: it's what their entire role is based around. It's ABOUT favouritism: it's just that the public doesn't have to agree.

it sounds like you disagree with me actually. i do recant the it's their job thing though, because i guess it is their JOB to strum up controversy.
  • _Zd_Phoenix__Zd_Phoenix_ Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    piper333 wrote: »
    i guess it is their JOB to strum up controversy.
    That's definitely true - I mean just look at the way John slammed Jessie and a couple of comments to Ashley - you can really savage a performance whilst still being objective, but times like that I think go well past the mark.
  • ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kates89 wrote: »
    To be fair as well, JB and DvO have no vested interest in who wins really. Obviously CM does as it's his production as does ALW because IDA has been 'his' show and if the winner goes on to be amazing on the west end obviously he will get some credit for that too. Therefore in my mind JB and DvO should stop sniveling and be more professional.

There's nothing professional about these judges. They are mates and also friends with ALW. DVO is dating a contestant from last year. One of her pals was in the comp this year. Also someone JB worked with 5 years ago was a contestant this time.
  • rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Quite right.

I can completely understand being upset by the handholding when it was between Jessie and Sam, because that was favourtism clearly shown on air, and and I think it was a little mean-spirited. But the judges aren't robots, they can have feelings for and opinions about the girls involved, and they will be upset if someone they like is voted off. But if they keep that backstage then I don't really see the problem?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    When John and Denise jumped up and hugged each other after Jodie won u could tell they were extactic that Jessie hadnt won!!

I wonder what their reaction would have been if she had won....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest BH, ALW and CM all would have done the same if Jessie had won. They've been bigging her up no end.

In my opninion they've been worse than John and Denise, I think for the most part the 2 have given fair criticism to Jessie when it's needed to be said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simonb65 wrote: »
    I thought it was hilarious as I watched it knowing what the result would be after reading the spoiler on here last week.

I've never seen such an obsessive judge as Barrowman. He even mentions Jessie when giving verdicts on the other Nancys :D

LOL
    yes, and that is just having an opinion? how ridiculous is doing that. let's show the hate john.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rebecca87 wrote: »
    Quite right.

I can completely understand being upset by the handholding when it was between Jessie and Sam, because that was favourtism clearly shown on air, and and I think it was a little mean-spirited. But the judges aren't robots, they can have feelings for and opinions about the girls involved, and they will be upset if someone they like is voted off. But if they keep that backstage then I don't really see the problem?
    who else do you think is backstage?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    piper333 wrote: »
    who else do you think is backstage?

Rachel apparently saw it, so i guess others contestants did too. poor.

anyway, it's all over now.

good for you Jodie. enjoy your 6 months, 4 shows a week.
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the same as Connie if Jodie proves popular ie Bums on Seats then she will have an option for her contract extended for more than 6 months. Like Connie if the public complain she will be on 8 times per week then.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ewoodie wrote: »
    There's nothing professional about these judges. They are mates and also friends with ALW. DVO is dating a contestant from last year. One of her pals was in the comp this year. Also someone JB worked with 5 years ago was a contestant this time.
    yes, but Fran and DVO were not PALS perse, just worked together.
    I think the same as Connie if Jodie proves popular ie Bums on Seats then she will have an option for her contract extended for more than 6 months. Like Connie if the public complain she will be on 8 times per week then.:D

we'll see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,007
    Forum Member
    I think JB and DVO's hand holding and reported sobbing is mild compared to ALW's elated expressions when certain people perform, and his wee temper tantrum after Keisha left, and his blatantly disgusted expressions throughout the time Ashley and Francesca were in the competition...

As far as a panel of judges go, they're not very professional. But I like that they get so involved in the contestants "journeys"; they make the show what it is. *shrug* :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aw, it was nice they had a little hug when Jodie won, wonder what it would be like if Jessie won

*on the floor blubbing
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Along with most of the GBP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dave782dave782 Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    jackd779 wrote: »
    When John and Denise jumped up and hugged each other after Jodie won u could tell they were extactic that Jessie hadnt won!!

I wonder what their reaction would have been if she had won....

Hi Jackd. I'm Irish and delighted that the 2 best finalists made it to the very end. I'm delighted for Jodie. I thought she would win it from week one, because she had the persona of Nancy that I had visualized in my Mind. I thought Jessie sang brilliantly tonight, and she made it a great final, however, like you, I'm left with a sour taste about the whole thing. JB and DVO were a disgrace. Last week we had them holding hands, this week we had them Hugging,. Thank Jehovah there's no next week, because otherwise we could all have ended up witnessing the first live conception on TV. :eek: Anyway the pair of them are Pratt's.:mad:

Judges in any competition should act with dignity, and have a little bit of respect for the people who have not been lucky enough to win Are JB and DVO representative of the way British people like to judge competitions? I wouldn't imagine so. Well I hope not anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone see DVO blowing Lee a kiss as he left the stage...........lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [
    QUOTE=Liza with a Zee;24132167]I think the same as Connie if Jodie proves popular ie Bums on Seats then she will have an option for her contract extended for more than 6 months. Like Connie if the public complain she will be on 8 times per week then.:D
    [/QUOTE]

or she might get head hunted for another show.lol:)