Options

Brit Awards 2007

Comments

• Options
    Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't see why they're muting so much of this though considering it's post-watershed.

I think that's because Ofcom implemented a rule a few years back which stated that programmes spanning pre- and post-watershed hours must be considered and edited as pre-watershed programmes.
  • Options
    KollKoll Posts: 3,087
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disliked Joss Stone before and now I hate her even more.

great legs and very bad hair
    I didn't even recognise her at first, just knew the voice but took me a while to put it together. The hair was awful wasn't it? Her stylist needs to be fired.
  • Options
    ShuttermazeShuttermaze Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    This is painful !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Missie_M wrote:
    ahem *cough* maybe this is why they don't get nominated anymore, this song they are doing now is foul. It used to be a favourite but now it is unintellgible.

AMEN!
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No there isn't. It's just that some broadcasters decide to implement a delay on programmes where there might be potential issues that could get them in trouble with Ofcom.

Funny how live football always gets away with broadcasting "rude" crowd chants at games. At lunchtime. On a Sunday.
  • Options
    wow_1969wow_1969 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    there you go, songs that are nearly 10 yrs old being the highlight of this yrs brit awards......next yr, its the chaz and dave comback!!!!
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Missie_M wrote:
    I've missed something......what is that edition of NMTB? What happens?? OOhhhhh go on! tell...tell...tell!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6251913.stm

Not long now :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Liam doesn't sound like he used to. :( Still good nevertheless. I am hating this sound dips!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is just terrible
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    shows what a good producer can do doesnt it
  • Options
    CentCent Posts: 26,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote:
    I think that's because Ofcom implemented a rule a few years back which stated that programmes spanning pre- and post-watershed hours must be considered and edited as pre-watershed programmes.
    I think it could be to do with this.

Channel 4 usually split Big Brother in two when it spans pre and post-watershed, with an annoucnement into the second part warning about bad language.

ITV dont seem to have bothered though.
  • Options
    GarethHarrisonGarethHarrison Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason C wrote:
    It's not a rule I've seen (and I've been through my fair share of compliance seminars!! ;))

Big Brother evictions manage it by having an announcement in the 9pm ad break before the post-watershed part starts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow_1969 wrote:
    there you go, songs that are nearly 10 yrs old being the highlight of this yrs brit awards......next yr, its the chaz and dave comback!!!!

lol, with a rabbit and snooker loopy medley!
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    I think Liam has nicked the shades from a certain DJ!

Liam's shades!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    wow_1969 wrote:

Next year. The Police. Can't wait :eek:
  • Options
    PausePause Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read somewhere that since he had his teeth smashed in, he hasn't sounded the same ever since (whilst 'singing').

It does really does detract from Oasis's pub rock soundings though...
  • Options
    GrahamjoanneGrahamjoanne Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we have the Hollies or the Love Affair rather than this Oasis racket please !!!!!

Hooray, they've finished !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 260
    Forum Member
    There performance proves what I have always believed - they are the most over-rated band ever. And come on Liam - why didn't you just wear a sign saying "I think I'm John Lennon"
  • Options
    mattshentonmattshenton Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gaps were there to cover strong language or so itv just said
  • Options
    wow_1969wow_1969 Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    Next year. The Police. Can't wait :eek:

actually, id be happy to see the police, lol... :D
  • Options
    muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't think that was deliberate sound cuts at all. 5 or 6 full dips durring Oasis singing when they could have just cut the mike.

Thats a production problem and I'm sure Oasis won't be happy :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How dare ITV cut the sound on Oasis to cover up bad language well after the watershed. Shame on you ITV!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    Well that was CRAP!!
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    why have they cut oasis off??

on the schedule they were due to perform Wonderwall, Dont look back in anger and Rock and Roll star, in addition to what was just shown on ITV

im guessing they are playing them right now, dont get why the idiots at ITV can't just shift the next show back by 10mins.

overall thought it was a better brit awards than the last few years, more about the performances than the staging, ie more people singing live than loads of fireworks and dancers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Nice to see the boys back, even with the shoddy sound cuts and ending two songs early.