Options

ANTM Cycle 8 - US Pace

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    jobbio wrote:
    Your skin colour is not the issue.

And I wasn't even calling it racism, if I had thought it was racism I would have reported you!

I am just saying, I find it funny how of the 100+ models we have had in ANTM now, the only one you can think to compare her to is another black model. Personally she reminds me a lot of Alysse(sp?) from cycle one.

So before you get on your "i'm not racist" trip. Read what other people are saying, because if I did[/] think you were being racist, I would have had A LOT more to say!

And I'm supposed to delibrately compare her to someone not black just as to not cause offence? I didn't see anyone jumping down my throat when I compared two white girls to each other (Renee and Lisa).

Okay fine, I'm not trying to get into an argument over something ridiculous. I apologise for any unintentional offence caused.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    R-Zone wrote:
    Ummm you are WAY in the wrong, since Eugena's got undoubtly the most credible work out of all the models in C7. She's walked in 11 shows for LA Fashion Week, has several ad campaigns with Southpole, some of which have appeared in Teen Vogue and Seventeen. One of her ads is apparantly on Times Square as well. Frankly in this short time she's blown all of the other b*tches out of the water.

So BASICALLY your point about Eugena is invalid if we consider post-show work. We don't know if Dionne will get the same level of success, but they can't really be compared in that respect.

Okay, thank you for the information on Eugenia's post ANTM work. I was not aware of it. I do think it's a bit rude to call my point invalid, as it is only my opinion, but hey. I was not personally a fan of her modelling style in a couture sense (same as I don't see Dionne doing high fashion), but nice to hear she is doing well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just had a dream last night where I met Jaslene and she told me she got eliminated in the top 5! Then I met Natasha who told me that she's lying and her and Jaslene are the top two! :eek: . I swear that this is true! (the dream I mean :D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the next episode , the girls go on a go-see and one girls blames the taxi driver on her failing it. Tyra freaks out. Many people haave said that this girl is Brittany! Also on the official ANTM boards , everyone is predicting a Natasha win after her recap edit. They also seem to dislike Dionne and think she has a bad attitude and definetely won't win and is only there because of the "one black girl in the final" rule. They really seem to dislike her on there :eek: . I reckin Brittany could go this week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    Persephone wrote:
    Okay fine, I'm not trying to get into an argument over something ridiculous. I apologise for any unintentional offence caused.
    Don't worry about it Persephone...people will always take offence at things that you don't expect. I didn't think there was anything racial in it. :)

But still,

Dionne >>>>>>>> Eugena ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't worry about it Persephone...people will always take offence at things that you don't expect. I didn't think there was anything racial in it. :)

But still,

Dionne >>>>>>>> Eugena ;)

Cheers. Hey, I actually like Dionne, all I said was that her pictures were a bit like lacklustre! :D Anyway, back to the important stuff, is anyone else peed off that it was recap episode this week? Let's get down to the eliminating Tyra!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah, but it was coming...anyway, I love this cycle so much, i just see it as an extra treat :D

It was quite good, as far as recaps go...:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ansildrall wrote:
    I just had a dream last night where I met Jaslene and she told me she got eliminated in the top 5! Then I met Natasha who told me that she's lying and her and Jaslene are the top two! :eek: . I swear that this is true! (the dream I mean :D)

I hope Jaslene is gone in the next two cuts. She looks like a drag queen and her pictures are not strong.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well if it helps at all Persephone I am with you, but with the addition of the fact I DON'T think she has a great personality. Up until a few episodes she didn't even exist on my radar and only started to because others started going on about how great she is and I was left thinking 'WTF?' - the only bit of personality I have ever seen from her is when she's playing up the 'oh look at me, I'm so ghetto, mmmhmmmm' card, which is almost as annoying as Jaslene's 'Cha Cha Diva' crap!

Here's my list :)

1. Britt
    2. Natasha
    3. Renee
    4. Jaslene
    5. Dionne
  • Options
    Jamie181Jamie181 Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Dionne can be quite funny at times. My new favourite though, is Natasha! :)

I've gone off Britney and Jaslene slightly after watching the recap. How strange.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I shall be slightly upset at Jaslene's departure tommorow! :( . I just think that she really really wants it!
  • Options
    nuttymuppetnuttymuppet Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Has anyone checked out ANTM offical website, cwtv dot com, i can't believe who they sent home, although it sounds like an intresting episode can't wait to download the torrent on friday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ansildrall wrote:
    I shall be slightly upset at Jaslene's departure tommorow! :( . I just think that she really really wants it!

Don't be too upset yet.......

I'm gutted at who was sent home.

I really don't have a favourite - and there doesn't seem to be a standout winner yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like my first prediction (or rather, agreement with a prediction) of
    Natasha and Jaslene as the top two looks likely! Dionne won't win .After this week's episode it just confirmed it for me.She'll be 3rd at best. And let's be honest , Renee has the least chance of winning. She looks about 40 in her pics.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm ecstatic that
    Jaslene
    was called first!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OH. MY. GOD.

OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD.

That is all...

Wow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL @ jonny! I don't particularly like Brittany but she deserved to stay over Renee at least!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Natasha will win. It's obvious . The following preview of next week's episode at least tells us that she makes the final .

The Girl Who Does Not Want To Dance
    Original Airdate: May 9, 2007

"The final four models visit Aboriginal teachers for a lesson on self-expression and storytelling. That night, Renee, Dionne, and Jaslene go out on the town in Sydney, but Natasha stays home sick and the others take the opportunity to talk behind her back. At the photo shoot, each girl expresses herself through Aboriginal dance, wearing traditional clothing and body paint. One girl complains bitterly about dancing while another embraces it. At elimination, Tyra asks each model who they think has the most potential, and things get heated when Natasha is verbally attacked. The judges send one girl home"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have really gone off Dionne after this week. She should have gone , not Brittany.

My current rankings:

=1) Natasha
    =1) Jaslene
    3) Renee
    4) Dionne
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I loved Natasha's comment to Brittany when she was moaning!

"I just wanna tell you........some people have war in their countries"

ANTM gold :D . I laughed out loud at that!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dionne took it a bit far asking if she could keep everything.

It was a really bad edit for Brittany - Dionne had a point at the start about her acting, and how she suddenly didn't have a short term memory though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ansildrall wrote: »
    Natasha will win. It's obvious . The following preview of next week's episode at least tells us that she makes the final .

...no it doesn't :eek:

And I've sorta gone off Dionne this week, too...i'm gutted because her and Brittany were my favourite two, now I feel like I don't have anyone to root for :eek:

favourites:

1. Jaslene
    2. Dionne
    =2. Natasha
    59. Renee
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    Jaslene to win!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Renee could go home this week. If Natasha gets "verbally attacked" and bitched about then there's no way she'll get eliminated. The public would feel too sorry for her and there could be a slight backlash. Jaslene has regained her position in the competition and the judges are pretty much rooting for her too. Dionne could get eliminated or she could make it through because of "one black girl in the final" rule. That leaves Renee. Personally I don't believe that the judges think that Renee could be a Top Model. She ages dramatically in her pictures and I don't think that she's improved as a model as much as the others. I'd personally be glad to see the back of Renee this week.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 280
    Forum Member
    Go Jaslene :D