Dragon's Den

Comments

• SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's cheating by reading the numbers, surely?
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neeeeeeeeext Please
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Kelly or Piers parted with any cash yet?
    I can't imagine Kelly investing in anything non interiors related.
  • ednwirelandednwireland Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    3 year loss, used to call that burn rate in my day
  • IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,319
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the Swarmly app is that bad. I don't understand the suggestion that those who use it would be anti-social. For me, the biggest problem would be others being able to see if you're alone in an area, which on a dark night, might not be the best piece of information for others to have.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,647
    Forum Member

They both invested in the fake tan that was on the first episode.
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Kelly twice Piers once so far http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragons%27_Den_%28UK%29#Series_11
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    now THIS is interesting!

something with a definite hook to it

LOL making ones for them
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swarmly :D
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the Swarmly app is that bad. I don't understand the suggestion that those who use it would be anti-social. For me, the biggest problem would be others being able to see if you're alone in an area, which on a dark night, might not be the best piece of information for others to have.

Peter's point is valid.. it requires everyone to use the same app. If you go to a gym and only 10 people of 100 people are using the app, you're only getting 10% of the real picture. So it's never going to work. The only people who could come close to pulling such an app off would be facebook but even they don't have the level of "check ins" required to paint an accurate crowd picture.

Your fear's wouldn't happen don't worry. Even if the app said you were the only person stood next to the river thames at 2am.. there is no way of knowing if you're stood with many other people who don't even have their phone on them or don't have the app.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter's point is valid.. it requires everyone to use the same app. If you go to a gym and only 10 people of 100 people are using the app, you're only getting 10% of the real picture. So it's never going to work. The only people who could come close to pulling such an app off would be facebook but even they don't have the level of "check ins" required to paint an accurate crowd picture.

Your fear's wouldn't happen don't worry. Even if the app said you were the only person stood next to the river thames at 2am.. there is no way of knowing if you're stood with many other people who don't even have their phone on them or don't have the app.

I missed what Peter said. Your explanation makes sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could debra stop playing with her damn fingernails!
    She's looking very tired too I've noticed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    less of the options, get more sales a week, and you could have a good sale
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor people. :(
  • IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, it seems the best it could do would be indicate a minimum number of people at certain places or events etc., rather than a precise number.
  • BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Jesus. I realise the idea of admitting defeat is hard. But how can she sit there smiling in the face of all reality and think those dolls, which until now have sold 3 a week, will suddenly just magically fly off the shelves??

How do these people get into business?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yeah, take your hand out your pocket son .....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ha. hot pink....sounds shite.
    women like to go to actual jewellery shops for rings!
  • radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This jewellers ain't going anywhere.

The last pitch will get investment.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hahahahahahaha duncans look when she said that. moment of the series for me.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I LOVE Duncan's facial expressions.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People buy birthday/anniversary/Christmas day gifts online all the time. Where's the passion in making it all the way to your living room, heaving open your laptop screen and with every last bit of energy, clicking the mouse?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hot Pink

Ooh errr :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do I sense the other dragons are starting to think this guy is all talk and no investment?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Made a right balls of that, he should have showed them the ring at first like they said.