Options

Cheryl Cole Appreciation Thread!

Comments

• Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd be really annoyed to lose my money, at least this seems to be a genuine reason, but still.

Yeah exactly, Nadine is seen as being done wrong, when she initially wanted to go solo when Girls Aloud had just massively exploded, crazy timing. I noticed theres a thread in the showbiz section, I daren't enter, I can only imagine the bile being spouted in there.

mr nixon is there, which should come has no surprise whatsoever, but yes, basically the upshot of the thread is that chezza is a classless chav and saint nadine has been wronged yet again, boo hoo.:p she may be a classless chav, i don't know her personally, but she's a successful one and that is what really annoys people.:p

someone said that the song (i don't care) is childish and she's not acting her age. well i am older than her and i can relate to it. recently, i caused a bit of a stir in work when i was exchanging harsh, but truthful comments about a colleagues professional shortcomings through private messages to them personally. they cut me off completely and was showing these private messages to colleagues including staff beyond the management team looking for sympathy.>:(

i returned to work and fronted it out, my messages were my opinion and i didn't care that my colleague chose to make these messages public. so yes, sometimes it does feel so good, to swear, that i don't care.;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that showbiz thread is hilarious.:D mr copped a ton of bans, but keeps returning due to no popular demand whatsoever condemns people that swears to articulate an argument in the same post where he abbreviates bull s**t.:blush: then there are the same old posters still insisting there would be no band without nadine's vocals, but where has that voice got her as a solo artist? :confused:

and lets not forgot just how far nadine sank during her solo bid for success.:D sorry, i know its incredibly petty, but i have had a s**t day (financially) and that picture never fails to make me laugh.:D:blush:
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG that picture is ICONIC.
    I wonder if she got the costume half price at Tesco?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Cheryl when she doesn't hold back. Best way to be. People are gonna think what they wanna think regardless of truth.

I'm not paying attention to any of the reviews that much. For me all of Cheryl's solo albums each one is better than the last. So hope that continues.

I am actually fed up of seeing negative posts. I actually do ignore a lot but the odd comment which is complete bull does really tick me off. It's not about arguing or anything i just like to correct. Personally speaking i can't bare the likes of Lily Allen but i don't waste my time commenting about her or her music.

Back to Cheryl i am really hoping she makes chart history and get's that fifth #1 and i hope we can get at least 2 more singles released. An album with 4 singles is pretty decent in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its just people with too much time on their hands and i too was guilty of posting too much when i was in a similar position.:blush: now my working hours have increased, the position is more demanding and i have a new Dog that requires a lot of attention, bitching on ds seems less important. i prefer to stay in the appreciation threads and voice my opinion on what has been written here, because that way i don't get involved in timely conflict. well that and the fact that a certain someone has been banned so many times (initially due to irrational hatred of cheryl) is clearly lapping up any excuse to stir the pot and its the generally the same old posters that are adding nothing that they haven't written about her already.;-)

i think to myself, are these people going to change their views by anything i write and the answer is obviously no. ironically, when i first joined here, i too felt that cheryl had become too big for her boots, but the relentless negativity towards her here turned me into a fan (i always loved girl aloud though).:D i have always considered this thread a "safe haven" for fans to discuss whatever about her without the hassle you get in the main threads and its been a fun thread that has been not too serious or delusional about her abilities. so i am staying put for the time being, but will read and comment in here on what is being discussed elsewhere.:p

however, that is just my personal choice, if anyone else feels the need to tattle the negativity, fill your boots. personally, i have been there, done that, but all i see now is the predictability of who is writing what and the never ending vicious circle. too much negativity cant be good for anybody surely, but especially in the showbiz section, you find the same posters literally thriving on it.:blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    its just people with too much time on their hands and i too was guilty of posting too much when i was in a similar position.:blush: now my working hours have increased, the position is more demanding and i have a new Dog that requires a lot of attention, bitching on ds seems less important. i prefer to stay in the appreciation threads and voice my opinion on what has been written here, because that way i don't get involved in timely conflict. well that and the fact that a certain someone has been banned so many times (initially due to irrational hatred of cheryl) is clearly lapping up any excuse to stir the pot and its the generally the same old posters that are adding nothing that they haven't written about her already.;-)

i think to myself, are these people going to change their views by anything i write and the answer is obviously no. ironically, when i first joined here, i too felt that cheryl had become too big for her boots, but the relentless negativity towards her here turned me into a fan (i always loved girl aloud though).:D i have always considered this thread a "safe haven" for fans to discuss whatever about her without the hassle you get in the main threads and its been a fun thread that has been not too serious or delusional about her abilities. so i am staying put for the time being, but will read and comment in here on what is being discussed elsewhere.:p

however, that is just my personal choice, if anyone else feels the need to tattle the negativity, fill your boots. personally, i have been there, done that, but all i see now is the predictability of who is writing what and the never ending vicious circle. too much negativity cant be good for anybody surely, but especially in the showbiz section, you find the same posters literally thriving on it.:blush:

Well put. I understand what you mean. I don't post on here as much as i use to. I like a lot of stars and appreciate all of them but i find i don't always have the time. It doesn't mean that i'm no longer a fan etc but i try to keep up to date as much as i can. I find that don't pop on for a few days and miss out on so much LOL.

But yeah by discussing with people who only seem to wanna argue isn't going to change their opinion. I have came to the conclusion that all the best ones get some sort of hate. If everyone loves you then you're doing something wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well put. I understand what you mean. I don't post on here as much as i use to. I like a lot of stars and appreciate all of them but i find i don't always have the time. It doesn't mean that i'm no longer a fan etc but i try to keep up to date as much as i can. I find that don't pop on for a few days and miss out on so much LOL.

But yeah by discussing with people who only seem to wanna argue isn't going to change their opinion. I have came to the conclusion that all the best ones get some sort of hate. If everyone loves you then you're doing something wrong.

i used to spend way too much time here, hence me knowing the real name behind that pbu that has been banned with over a dozen profiles and i am not even exaggerating there. now i wouldn't mind so much if it was a kid with some growing up to do, but this is a bloke is not much younger than me.:o like i said previously, i would have left several profiles ago, but each to their own.:blush:

last year especially i got quite a reputation for being a lady gaga "hater", because i "camped out" in the artpop album thread and i was called literally everything by her fan base for "ruining" the album experience for them.:blush: well it wasnt an appreciation thread, so i felt i had every reason to contribute there and their name calling egged me on tbh.:p however, some fans even suggested that i was a bitter old madonna fan, jealous of gaga's position in the industry.:confused: madonna's place in music history is secure and i was there simply critiquing gaga on her album and her hypocrisy in general. one of her fans even totalled up the number of posts that people made that weren't necessarily there to sing her praises and i scraped in at #5.:D

funnily enough, these fans forgot all the times i had positive things to write there, like how i enjoyed her ama performance for instance, but these "fans" soon disappeared when the album started under performing.:confused: in contrast, there has been another negative thread about gaga recently, but i haven't even clicked on it, or felt the need to contribute at all. i don't have the time any more and i take no pleasure in kicking a genuinely talented artist while she is struggling commercially. ;-)

the last few days i have been off work, because i booked the time off, but i have been unwell, the dog has been unwell and i have posted here more than usual. however, i am still resisting the urge to enter one of these negative cheryl threads, because i know that people have already made their opinion of her and nothing i write will change anything.;-)

i still hope she gets the #1 tomorrow, the meltdown will be predictable, yet rather amusing at the same time.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    or and then there are the users with more than one profile, feeling they add more weight to their bile by agreeing with themselves.:blush: the transparency is hilarious, but its the hypocrisy that really makes me laugh.:D one "lady" claimed that the swearing on "i don't care", was not necessary, but when i last checked out her twitter page every other post had a f word on there.:p

i have still not heard the album yet, i am just going to wait till the physical copy arrives, hopefully on monday.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe i should just stop reading all this toxic rubbish, but there are people writing a load of sh*t in my opinion. aside from people claiming to not to be a "major follower" of the group, yet seem to recall nadine's passport "faux pas" and write in detail about the last tour in very same post.:D facts are being distorted all over the threads.:o

cheryl has always struck me as the most reluctant of pop stars, she seemed nowhere near as ambitious as some of the others in that group. its like people are writing about a different person completely.:confused: somebody quipped earlier that nadine is probably far happier than cheryl is, with nadine being a new mum off the radar. ironically, there is probably some truth in that, i seem to remember one of the last "kiss and tells" from ashley's flings detailing that he was stringing cheryl along claiming they would start a family soon and that must have hurt.:(

i also remember an old girls aloud documentary and cheryl was with ashley and their dogs, when she said she wouldn't be still singing in her 30s. i honestly believe at the time, she was genuinely in love with her husband and was hoping to start a family sooner rather than later. then there's people posting that she got on the x factor job, because she was married to a footballer. however, simon pursued her after meeting her during her stint on the celebrity apprentice, but again, at first she was reluctant.;-)

it just goes to show how facts are irrelevant when blind irrational hatred takes hold, it truly is rather toxic and thank goodness i return to work tomorrow evening.:p i hope we get the news about her chart position before i start at 6pm.:D

in short, i think circumstances have made cheryl to continue with her career, experience taught her not to place all focus on one thing or one person.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe i should just stop reading all this toxic rubbish, but there are people writing a load of sh*t in my opinion. aside from people claiming to not to be a "major follower" of the group, yet seem to recall nadine's passport "faux pas" and write in detail about the last tour in very same post.:D facts are being distorted all over the threads.:o

cheryl has always struck me as the most reluctant of pop stars, she seemed nowhere near as ambitious as some of the others in that group. its like people are writing about a different person completely.:confused: somebody quipped earlier that nadine is probably far happier than cheryl is, with nadine being a new mum off the radar. ironically, there is probably some truth in that, i seem to remember one of the last "kiss and tells" from ashley's flings detailing that he was stringing cheryl along claiming they would start a family soon and that must have hurt.:(

i also remember an old girls aloud documentary and cheryl was with ashley and their dogs, when she said she wouldn't be still singing in her 30s. i honestly believe at the time, she was genuinely in love with her husband and was hoping to start a family sooner rather than later. then there's people posting that she got on the x factor job, because she was married to a footballer. however, simon pursued her after meeting her during her stint on the celebrity apprentice, but again, at first she was reluctant.;-)

it just goes to show how facts are irrelevant when blind irrational hatred takes hold, it truly is rather toxic and thank goodness i return to work tomorrow evening.:p i hope we get the news about her chart position before i start at 6pm.:D

in short, i think circumstances have made cheryl to continue with her career, experience taught her not to place all focus on one thing or one person.

Some of the posters on here who hate her probably follow her and know more about her than some of us fans. :D

Yeah it is definitely best just to ignore them, I occasionally enter the odd Cheryl thread and bite, but most of the time I no longer bother. I'm sure you remember,I was in the Cheryl threads responding all the time a couple years back, but I realised too its pointless, I like her they don't, what difference does it make?

I only really come on DS now for Leona's appreciation thread to check for news, and while I am here I check out the threads. If Leona's thread ceased existing, I'd probably stop posting completely to be honest. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some of the posters on here who hate her probably follow her and know more about her than some of us fans. :D

Yeah it is definitely best just to ignore them, I occasionally enter the odd Cheryl thread and bite, but most of the time I no longer bother. I'm sure you remember,I was in the Cheryl threads responding all the time a couple years back, but I realised too its pointless, I like her they don't, what difference does it make?

I only really come on DS now for Leona's appreciation thread to check for news, and while I am here I check out the threads. If Leona's thread ceased existing, I'd probably stop posting completely to be honest. :o

yeah, well when my facebook messages that i sent to my colleague went viral within the work place, my boss intervened and ordered me to stop, even though, in the main, agreed with everything i wrote about my colleagues hypocrisy and his shortcomings.>:( however, he also mentioned my "shady" status updates (which were cleverly worded, of course) didn't go unnoticed either.:blush: to be fair, he reprimanded the whole management team, due to the sheer luck of integrity with personal messages being passed about (which i am still fuming about), so i came back here.:D

none of my facebook friends appreciate my passion for pop music either, so it was like i was just wasting time posting things about music there. but yes, you, me and other posters spend hours defending chezza on here, but it was fruitless in the main, because the same people are still spouting the same old bile.:(

this thread used to be so much fun though, remember when we took the p**s after her car accident with will.iam.?:D i hope we can get some of that fun back, because while we appreciate cheryl, the humour really made this thread worthwhile for me.:p
  • Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a heads up for anyone interested, the super deluxe box set of Only Human from Cheryl's website has no extra tracks than the normal deluxe.
    So for me I'll just be popping into HMV sometime next week to get a copy. I did get the Million Lights box set but that came with (if I'm remembering rightly) around 5/6 extra songs not on any other version but this time I won't bother since there is no extra song content on the boxset this time round.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Just a heads up for anyone interested, the super deluxe box set of Only Human from Cheryl's website has no extra tracks than the normal deluxe.
    So for me I'll just be popping into HMV sometime next week to get a copy. I did get the Million Lights box set but that came with (if I'm remembering rightly) around 5/6 extra songs not on any other version but this time I won't bother since there is no extra song content on the boxset this time round.

there was no way i was purchasing that and i found the last album super deluxe price tag too steep as well.:D

i noticed there's another negative showbiz thread today, i agree with this response in places and the opening post is rather hilarious.:D some people clearly revel in negativity and it is kind of sad for them tbh. :blush: why don't the nadine fanatics just move on?:confused: its the sort of thing mr nixon would write thinking about it.....

we can all speculate what went down with ga, but only the girls and the team behind the scenes know the truth. all i know is that cheryl did put her solo career on hold to reunite with the band. I am not saying that her album would have sold much more with further singles, but there were single worthy material wasted on that record imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I see what you mean unfortunately troll online do try to spoil it for the others. I avoid them like the plague!

Yes i think a lot of other artists i find have said they can't see this happening or doing this and yet they do. I suppose the best thing to say is never say never. People will post anything even though it's like that is complete bull! They'll posting Louis Walsh is responsible for Cheryl next!!

I find that so odd though why waste all that time hating. There's Britney hater on IMDB and this user posts negativeness after negativeness and argues with fans and spends an awful lot of time just basing. I think some people need help.

I agree ignoring them is the best at times. Cheryl's success speaks for itself. I just wish the odd poster would at least do some research before they post.

I post on other media. I find this is the best place to discuss Cheryl.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »

I wish i purchased the Million Lights box set now for the extra tracks. I'm buying Only Human deluxe tomorrow. I imagine it will be about 15 pounds from HMV :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't get me started on trolls ivan.:o last year, i exposed a serial madonna "hater" that literally copied and pasted the same post word for word on here with various usernames and literally everywhere on the net.:o ironically, they started posting on lady gaga threads and the monsters got a few of their profiles banned.:D

back to cheryl, i have listened to the album today and on the first listen i am underwhelmed.:blush: i can see what other people have been saying about it being cohesive and that "firecracker" should be on the main album, but for me, i was hooked on "a million lights" from the very first listen.:( in a way, i am kind of wishing "a million lights" was coming out now, because the opening track set the tone for a good pop album and the record just kept on giving.

i will stick with it though, some of my favourite albums have grown on me with time.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there was no way i was purchasing that and i found the last album super deluxe price tag too steep as well.:D

i noticed there's another negative showbiz thread today, i agree with this response in places and the opening post is rather hilarious.:D some people clearly revel in negativity and it is kind of sad for them tbh. :blush: why don't the nadine fanatics just move on?:confused: its the sort of thing mr nixon would write thinking about it.....

we can all speculate what went down with ga, but only the girls and the team behind the scenes know the truth. all i know is that cheryl did put her solo career on hold to reunite with the band. I am not saying that her album would have sold much more with further singles, but there were single worthy material wasted on that record imo.

I haven't seen that thread yet. Oh dear where do these people get their energy from!

I've just read it now. At least one or two posters made fair true points. Oh golly! It'll be something else next.

Anyways :D i'm really looking forward to buying Only Human. My favorite title if i'm honest out of all of the others. I think i'm going to play 3 Words, MLR and AML tonight and put AML tour DVD on with a few gin and tonics and then look forward to buying the new album. I'll probably be on here towards mid week Wed/thurs time and i'll post my thoughts and i know i wont be disappointed!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    don't get me started on trolls ivan.:o last year, i exposed a serial madonna "hater" that literally copied and pasted the same post word for word on here with various usernames and literally everywhere on the net.:o ironically, they started posting on lady gaga threads and the monsters got a few of their profiles banned.:D

back to cheryl, i have listened to the album today and on the first listen i am underwhelmed.:blush: i can see what other people have been saying about it being cohesive and that "firecracker" should be on the main album, but for me, i was hooked on "a million lights" from the very first listen.:( in a way, i am kind of wishing "a million lights" was coming out now, because the opening track set the tone for a good pop album and the record just kept on giving.

i will stick with it though, some of my favourite albums have grown on me with time.:)

Oh dear!! They are like a bad smell!!

That's too bad so far but you never know after a few listens. Some of my favorite albums i have listened to have taken me a while to get into :)
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    ive listened to a few tracks - crazy stupid love, i don't care, stars, only human and goodbye means hello .... so far I'm liking what i hear ....more cohesion and her voice sounds great in places.... less auto tune the better imo. I like the use of vocoder for effected vocals in artistic places. I don't like auto tune it when it removes the tone and character of the voice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The album seem to have split people, loads thinks it her best, but some think its her worst.

I think there is a lack of just some really good, pop 'bangers' but all in all I really like it, my favourite from her.
  • Options
    willrelf92willrelf92 Posts: 15,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It has just been confirmed on X Factor that Cheryl has got her 5th solo number 1! So happy right now! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album seem to have split people, loads thinks it her best, but some think its her worst.

I think there is a lack of just some really good, pop 'bangers' but all in all I really like it, my favourite from her.

i read the ds review and it was pretty fair imo, but it oddly reminded me of madonna. madge opened her "confessions tour", preaching to forget about bills, loans and i thought it was pretty rich considering the price i paid to be there.:D it show was worth every penny though and both the song "future lovers" (which she states the tour opening words) plus the tour remains great.

i wouldn't consider the new album her worst on one listen, the second album cannot be topped in that respect.:blush: I am sure it will grow on me and i think you are right about the pop bangers, but i loved "ghetto baby" and "all is fair" instantly too.
    willrelf92 wrote: »
    It has just been confirmed on X Factor that Cheryl has got her 5th solo number 1! So happy right now! :D

when the coast was clear at work, I did check the official charts to see if she managed it.:blush: I am ecstatic and i am not even going to bother to read the inevitable outrage on other threads right now.:D i am back in work early afternoon tomorrow, so i just came here to congratulate cheryl on her achievement.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So happy Cheryl has 5 number ones! Char history!!

The album is definitely a grower. I'm going to keep playing it. As their's 18 songs it doesn't really matter if you dislike a few. There's not one i dislike yet. As i say it's definitely a grower! I love the intro and Only Human would be a great promo single.

I saw on another thread that the albums dropped from i tunes? I would say some more promo would be great!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The album is out of the top 10 on itunes, hopefully its selling well physically.

I don't understand why they never arranged a few album signings, she has done them in the past and it could have shifted a few thousand more copies if she was willing to do a few of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmm, it doesn't look good. madonna's album dropped like a stone on itunes and landed at #1 with her last album, but madge's has a lot of older fans that will have bought physical copies. surely, cheryl's fans would be younger in the main and would purchase digital copies?

to be honest, i think this could very well be her last release if it under performs. she doesn't seem the type to go out and actively look for an alternative deal and she's set up for life financially.

maybe, i am being over dramatic, but if she fails to deliver the results, i cant see the record company financing another album...

i think complacency has set in during this campaign, but again, that could be a little harsh. it depends really how much time she actually works on the x factor, that could be taking up a lot of her time.

the best thing to come out of this campaign for me is the "i dont care" attitude, it was about time she addressed her critics across the board and just owned the aloof stance. i have been in similar place recently and i have adopted this stance at work. the rest of the managers there hate me for that business on facebook i mentioned in a previous post, but i have just fronted it out. :D

i have actually deleted my facebook profile today, after speaking from my father. i had a choice of removing all my work colleagues or just deleting the profile completely. it was a rash decision, but i am just sick of the falseness and just want a professional working relationship with my colleagues, which isn't too much to ask.:p

i think i will gravitate to twitter, my brother is on there and i should really communicate with him more.:blush: