Options

American 2010 - 11 Line up Unveiled

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
Forum Member
Well it looks like many of the American Networks have decided on what to cut and what's coming back...

What do people feel about the cuts?

Anyone looking forward to the new series?

Would you prefer a different programme was cut instead of what was?

Personally I have not liked V since it has started and can not seem to stay focused when watching it so would have preferred that this was Cut and Flashforward was kept.

So what about you?

Comments

• Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm shocked that Ghost Whisperer got axed :eek:
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm shocked that Ghost Whisperer got axed :eek:

It may still survive if ABC pick it up. CBS seemed to be a bit brutal with the axe this year but I guess they need to clear room for new series.

Some of the trailers have been quite interesting. FOX's trailer for Lonestar was good and I hadn't even given that a second thought when I read about it. No Ordinary Family on ABC looks like it might have potential as well and I liked what I saw of Mixed Signals, a FOX sitcom (one of many new sitcoms this year, especially relationship based sitcoms).

A bit disappointed with what we saw of JJ Abrams new drama, Undercovers and actually quite surprised at just how poor Matthew Perry's new comedy, Mr Sunshine, looks.

I'll be interested to see the trailer for Mike & Molly tomorrow. It's from Chuck Lorre who also created/produces The Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men which I love but I'm not that excited about this new one based on the premise.
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    I'm glad CW renewed Life Unexpected I really enjoyed the series :)
  • Options
    tv_lover_06tv_lover_06 Posts: 6,278
    Forum Member
    i\m glad one tree hill was renewed :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    Happy that Flashforward got axed! There are times when I have enjoyed the series, and times when I have not. Overall, IMO it has been put together badly, characterisation has been pants, and the retcon feels too much like a retcon! All in all a brillant premise badly executed!

Glad that V has got renewed. Started slow and disappointing, but it has really picked up, and unlike FF, its retcon is not too obvious. Looking fwd to the season finale!

Annoyed at the cancellation of Legend of the Seeker which for the past two years has been my fun TV show that I normally watched every SUnday upon waking! Still hoping someone will step in and save it!

Happy that Canadian TV has salvaged Being Erica for a third outing. the series started as a light fantasy rom-com but has really developed into something more mature - especially with the set-up at the end of the last series!

Also happy that Burn Notice has got an early renewal for two further seaosns, plus the season that premieres next week on US TV. Thats three more seasons too look fwd to!

Very Very happy that Chuck got renewed. A further 13 episodes! That's already 32 bonus episodes in my book - with this year's 19 nearly not happening! Thank Subway and thank the Jay Leno failed experiment at 10pm for that!

Also pleased that Fringe will return for a third year! This show just gets better! love the whole mythology story they have developed and interwoven into the series!

Modern Family will also be back - one of thefew sitcoms I watch! Shame that my other sitcom, Better Off Ted got canned - but like Arrested Development I think this has no place in mainstream USTV. If only one of the cable nets had opted for it instead!

In UKTV annoyed the Beeb have axed Survivors just when it started to get better! Happy that Spooks will return although I really hope thatw ith the numerous exits planned, we return to roots as the last series was below Spooks average IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    Thanks everyone for posting.

I didn't realise Chuck got picked up for another 13 episodes this is great news as I have been into this show from the beginning.

I am glad V will pick up more on the excitement level as I have been following the SciFi channel showing of this and I have been less than enthusiastic I have even cleaned my room while watching this show because I found that I needed to do something else while watching. I have continued to watch it though in the hopes that it would get better.

I was also disappointed in the cancellation of Survivors I thought this was a good show and was doing well (and to leave it on a cliffhanger is annoying :)) but spooks I am not too sure on it seems to be either running out of material or else the characters are just boring the hell out of me and I can't decided which it is. Bring back the good old days of Tom and Chip Pan Torture. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm gutted about Flash Forward but happy about V surviving. I think it has improved a lot, and once things don't go Anna's way, I'm sure she'll turn into a right b*tch, as her true colours are starting to show at present.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    I am enjoying V and I don't normally like Sci Fi shows. I remember watching the original series, and I think the new V is just as good.
    I am sad that Ghost Whisperer, Cold Case and Numb3rs have all been cancelled, as these are some of my favourite shows. I also liked New Adventures of Old Christine, although they only ever showed the first 2 seasons in the UK. I have given up hope they will show the other 3 seasons.
    I love Modern Family, it is so funny. Along with 30 Rock, it has to be one of the best comedies at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The opening sequence for the new version of Hawaii Five-O with that fellow from Moonlight as Steve McGarrett, Scott Caan as Danno, Jin from Lost as Chin Ho and Grace Park as Kono (making it the second time she's played a character in a revival who was a guy in the original!).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLKdYXyQa90