Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 10)

1124125126127128130»

Comments

• soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »

I'll will have to find myself a new footballing name now my namesake is here!
    We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement for the transfer of Paulinho from Corinthians after the Brazil international successfully completed his medical.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    I'll will have to find myself a new footballing name now my namesake is here!
    I'm waiting for the headline after a bad tackle

'Paulinho Fouler'!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excellent news! A real step up in quality. I think having Sandro at the club will help him a lot, so hopefully he'll settle quickly.
  • law10law10 Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get the impression that Sevilla are using Man City's name to get more money out of Spurs for Negrego. Talk of an £18m release clause turned out to be false, but the figures being quoted have gone up by as much as £10m since City started to be linked, all whilst they're apparently in Rome talking to a completely different player. Some crafty work from the Sevilla chairman methinks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    law10 wrote: »
    I get the impression that Sevilla are using Man City's name to get more money out of Spurs for Negrego. Talk of an £18m release clause turned out to be false, but the figures being quoted have gone up by as much as £10m since City started to be linked, all whilst they're apparently in Rome talking to a completely different player. Some crafty work from the Sevilla chairman methinks.
    Can't blame Sevilla for trying to extract the max from Levy but we are not going to get a top notch striker on the cheap either. Negredo scored 31 goals last season in all competitions and £18m would be well spent in my book rather than buying two average forwards for £10m each.
  • law10law10 Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't blame Sevilla for trying to extract the max from Levy but we are not going to get a top notch striker on the cheap either. Negredo scored 31 goals last season in all competitions and £18m would be well spent in my book rather than buying two average forwards for £10m each.

£18m, yes, almost certainly worth a gamble.

£25m or so, not sure.

Still, i guess it's preferable to nearly signing Damiao again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for the headline after a bad tackle

'Paulinho Fouler'!
    Very good.

Perhaps the crowd will sing that well known George Formby song 'Leaning on a lamp post' changed to 'Paulinho on a goal post...!'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very good.

Perhaps the crowd will sing that well known George Formby song 'Leaning on a lamp post' changed to 'Paulinho on a goal post!
    :D
    'and scoring from a corner, a certain big Brazilian glides by. oh, me, oh, my see that big Brazilian fly'
  • vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Great News :D
  • Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    I hope he doesn't grow into that shirt.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10 days till the first pre-season friendly - then time will go fast
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D
    'and scoring from a corner, a certain big Brazilian glides by. oh, me, oh, my see that big Brazilian fly'
    We've obviously missed our calling. Kimi and Soulboy the new Lennon & McCartney! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We've obviously missed our calling. Kimi and Soulboy the new Lennon & McCartney! :D
    Or Chas and Dave!
  • Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just been reading about our link with Swindon. They have taken Jack Barthram from us after we released him. They already have ex Spur Troy Archibald-Henville on their books. We've loaned them Luongo and Hall for the season and Nathan Byrne and Alex Pritchard might also be heading along the M4.

The link is via Sherwood who is good buds with their Chairman. We also have alot of faith in Town's manager, Kevin MacDonald who we almost appointed to our Academy before he took the Swindon job.

Although League One it is hoped our young players will get a lot of game time and the chance to prove that they can cut the mustard in the pro game.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know it's the Mirror, but they've said that the Villa deal is agreed "In principle", although the fee is yet to be agreed with Barca.
    The Barcelona striker has reached an agreement in principle with Spurs and it is now down to the two clubs to agree a fee.

Tottenham’s offer to Barca, however, has not yet met the £8.6million asking price that the Spanish champions are demanding.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy believes he can drive the price down as Barca want to get Villa off the wage bill now that he has been deemed surplus to requirements.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/tottenham-transfer-news-gareth-bale-2037170

IF it's true, I hope Levy doesn't try it on with them to the point where they walk away.
This discussion has been closed.