Options

Tottenham Hotspur fans on the forum? (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lost count of how many times I've watched Vermaelen utter bemusement at where on earth Lennon had appeared from :D

It's the best reaction to anything ever. And the way Lennon just swerves past Monreal too. Fabulous!

Also, there are some pictures on-line of the handbags between Daws and Vermaelen. Vermaelen actually had his hand round Daws throat. No wonder he was so wound up!
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ...Anyway, on to the next game, tough ones coming up *resumes nervous shaking*
    Liverpool away and Chelsea away I think will be our toughest remaining games. We are only second to United on home and away form over the last 12 games.

Funnily enough I'm not that bothered how we do in the Europa League at the moment. It's seems such a long winded competition. Of course if we get to the semis then I might start to get excited. ;)
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to James Olley from the London Evening Standard, AVB has said that Ade and Dembele aren't seriously injured and should be fit to face Inter, which is great news - just need official confirmation

https://twitter.com/JamesOlley/status/308289328407252992

More from the Standard as well ..
    The sad fact for Arsenal fans is that this Tottenham side are bereft of Luka Modric, the injured Younes Kaboul, the retired Ledley King and the absence of a top-class forward to help Jermain Defoe, given Emmanuel Adebayor is so woefully below the required level at present.

Yet they have still reduced the gap on the Gunners, partly through Bale’s imperious displays but also with great unity and wise investment. After all, Vertonghen was in talks with Arsenal and ended up at Spurs. The Gunners were also made aware of goalkeeper Hugo Lloris’s availability before he moved to White Hart Lane.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/punchdrunk-arsenal-close-to-being-counted-out-of-champions-league-fight-8519214.html
  • Options
    Andy-BAndy-B Posts: 6,800
    Forum Member
    Thanks. That's a very warming read on a cold afternoon ...
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I think it's really interesting how much the media are really starting to emphasis the tremendous team spirit and loyalty the players have to each other and especially AVB, it's continually becoming a theme.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's hoping for a Villa win tonight...
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    yeah but to be fair, it's not like they've got much choice. when the best player on the team runs to the manager after scoring a last-minute winner, you can't exactly continue pretending he's the worst man-manager in the history of mankind. the players have been talking all season long about how great things are, if only the muppets had been prepared to listen, instead of embarking on the most ridiculous agenda against him for committing the unforgivable crime of not being 'Arry

I hate the way all the talk is of him "learning from his mistakes" though. It's a convenient (and of course cowardly) way of not admitting you were wrong.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    To my mind it says a lot not just about the 'senior group' of players at Chelsea but also what's been wrong with England for a decade or so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    Yes, the Parker pass did come as a bit of a shock!

Yes, there was no pirouette beforehand :D
  • Options
    Knarf44Knarf44 Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Yes, not only Parker's precision pass but I had to do a double take to check that it was actually Lennon who had made that move to score!

Apparently Parker's been given an extra day off for passing to a white shirt without pirouetting first!

If Lennon made that kind of move more often he'd get more goals and would be an England regular.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Knarf44 wrote: »
    Apparently Parker's been given an extra day off for passing to a white shirt without pirouetting first!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Modric looked good when he came on last night, and scored a cracker. It's a pity we lost him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Modric looked good when he came on last night, and scored a cracker. It's a pity we lost him.
    Yes, he did. He improved their game. Perhaps he will have the last laugh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, he did. He improved their game. Perhaps he will have the last laugh.

He is a quality player, and I have little doubt he will make his name there.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what team do you guys think you will play vs inter?

i think inter will play a strong team with a real focus on defence as they have made some truly poor marking/individual mistakes lately and spurs will rip defence apart if it goes to form

gk: handanovic - alongside spurs own lloris has to be a candiate for best goalkeeper in the world
    dr:zanetti-mr dependable
    dc-ranochiia-capable of scoring goals from corners and makes some great tackles,but also lack of concentration
    dc-juan jesus- a beat of player in luciop made, makes poor decisions sometimes though that cost goals
    dl-perreria-not been great at inter,does basics and nothing else it seems
    dmc-kuzmanovic-a player like alonso/carrick/busquets mould, keeps midfield ticking along
    mc-cambiasso-a warrior that adds so much going forward and back
    mc-guarin- if fit this guy is world class on his day,is a doubt though. fast,strong and a really good shot on him
    amc-cassanno-bags of skill,no pace,coming off a fight with coach,can make the difference though with his assist play
    amc-alvarez-next big thing that has struggled in italy, breathtaking dribbling skills when has confidence though
    st-palacio-on fire,makes goals and more importantly scores them too

thats just my thoughts on XI to play tommrow,i mgiht be wrong, thought you might like some info on inter team though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friedel will be in goal, but apart from that I hope we play a full strength team, hopefully with Defoe up front.

The centre backs are the position AVB tends to change the most, and that may happen again, but Dawson and Vertonghen are the best bet there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The interesting thing is had Modric stayed, presumably Bale would be stuck out on the wing.

Given we're doing even better without Modric, it kind of raises the question of how and why ....
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Defoe has claimed that the rumours about Gareth Bale's new daughter's name are actually true, in that she's called Alba Violet Bale .. AVB in other words.

Surely it's a goof ? It's a good one at that, but I can't believe he's named her that.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    Apparently Defoe has claimed that the rumours about Gareth Bale's new daughter's name are actually true, in that she's called Alba Violet Bale .. AVB in other words.

Surely it's a goof ? It's a good one at that, but I can't believe he's named her that.

I've been dismissing that as a joke, although, who knows ...
  • Options
    vaarthartvainvaarthartvain Posts: 607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I did read that when she was born so i think it's true :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's starting to be some mutterings that old Red Nose wants a Rooney/Bale swap. We couldn't pay Rooney's wages, anyway, could we?
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    There's starting to be some mutterings that old Red Nose wants a Rooney/Bale swap. We couldn't pay Rooney's wages, anyway, could we?

Any links?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    O'Neill wrote: »
    Any links?
    Apparently it was mentioned by Gary Richardson on R4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really think Levy has learned his lesson about selling the best players - unless he has absolutely no other option (as per Modric second time around).
  • Options
    zielerzieler Posts: 8,038
    Forum Member

Almost certainly not. Not to mention I don't believe the rumours for a second, it's the usual 'Rooney to leave' story United have to put up with every three months. As they have previously said that United are interested in Bale the media seem to have decided to combine the two.
This discussion has been closed.