Does anybody ekse feel BOTS havs improved greatly.

jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
Forum Member
✭✭✭
It seems a lot more focused to me without the old rentamob audience members, who butted in every 2 minutes as they felt they were part of the furniture.

With the mob before Last Nights show would have been more rowdy, and argumentive.

I expect tge likes of Glasses man, Grace and the likes will be trying harder and harder to become HMs now.

Comments

• Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last night's was one of the worst ever , no discussion about the actual events at all .
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's absolute dross. Morons like Joe Swash and Casey Batchelor fumbling through their stupid points of view or that Judi the psychologist who talks complete crap. It's worse when Rylan Street-Porter is on there, but Emma isn't much better.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    last night's was one of the worst ever , no discussion about the actual events at all .

Don't know about "one of the worst ever" but it was not good. Anything with Joe Swash in it is a turn off for me and Emma directed most of her questions to him, I think they are mates outside of TV but that counts for nothing on a TV show, especially the one last night after all the stuff about Ken that went down during the day. It could be good, they have a fine core of regular panellists who do talk sense, they are the ones that should have been on last night's panel.

Otherwise I don't think Casey did a bad job last night, she was spot on about Nadia, IMO of course:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    Judi James got on my nerves.
    She cant be much of a psychologist if she doesn't recognize that Michelle IS a mother-figure, she's not been forced into the role because of anyone. It's clearly natural for her.
    Plus, why can't she be a mother-figure, AND be an interesting person? I don't think "mothering" is going to stop her from going after Perez or Katie when the time comes.

And holy lord, the unforgivable sin of actually enjoying Perez Hilton... I don't even want to talk about that one.

She seems a bit biased towards what she WANTS to see... I mean she actually said that repeatedly "I WANT TO SEE this.. I WANT TO SEE that"
    Thats really fascinating an all, but WHO CARES, lady?
    I guess the guys who pay her care.... I'd hate to find out how much she makes for this...
  • SpyInsiderSpyInsider Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes i think it's because it's not on daily. So we appreciate it more and find it interesting... Than using the same material for each show (dragging it on).
  • WarpWarp Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still miss Jamie East.
  • JVSJVS Posts: 12,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iain Lee is the only presenter that makes BBBOTS watchable because he takes the show for what it is. He debunks everything and everybody, there's nothing more satisfying than him quizzically asking a psychiatrist 'Are you sure you're qualified?'
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's no different at all. And they always seem to dodge the most controversial stuff. The odd word here and there about it and then they move on.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    I find it practically unwatchable.

Usually I have it on but invariably it fails to attract my interest these days.
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm now "Don't watch .. Won't watch" :)
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    Yes I do think there has been an improvement. It is less ya boo and a bit more measured. Far from perfect still, but the studio audience now seems to be made up with normal people rather than performers auditioning for the circus. Even Judi James seemed to be allowed to concentrate on the analysis rather than playing it for laughs.

Having said that I watched the Horizon special with Dr Tanya Byron (psychologist) earlier that evening and the contrast in both broadcast styles and academic content was marked. But then again BB and C5 do not pretend to be Horizon and BBC2. Horses for courses.
  • DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure it would be possible for it to get any worse, so I'll go for 'maybe'.

The words 'greatly improved' might be over-egging it somewhat.
  • johnanjohnan Posts: 3,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems less of an Emma shriek-fest than it used to be, but I only tend to watch the start to see who is on, now.

Last nights started badly so I gave up on it.

If those awful black show-off women are ever back in the audience, it will go off right away. So far they have not made an appearance, thank goodness.
  • Stellen11Stellen11 Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    It seems a lot more focused to me without the old rentamob audience members, who butted in every 2 minutes as they felt they were part of the furniture.

With the mob before Last Nights show would have been more rowdy, and argumentive.

I expect tge likes of Glasses man, Grace and the likes will be trying harder and harder to become HMs now.

I hope you haven't spoken too soon. I like to see new faces, not that paul fella every single time.
    Oh and it would be even better if they made rylan redundant instead of part time.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure that any show with Joe Swash on the panel can be described as 'improved greatly'.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's absolute dross. Morons like Joe Swash and Casey Batchelor fumbling through their stupid points of view or that Judi the psychologist who talks complete crap. It's worse when Rylan Street-Porter is on there, but Emma isn't much better.

Judy James is totally useless.
  • Artemis1Artemis1 Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say cos I haven't watched it since bb15 and we all know the bias which was displayed in bbots.
    Not Emma's fault its her job
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I skipped through all the Joe Swash/Kelly Maloney/Casey bits of last night's show.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This series is a lot more sedate than usual. It's like they just can not be bothered and are going through the motions.
  • ZadethZadeth Posts: 5,450
    Forum Member
    Warp wrote: »
    I still miss Jamie East.

Jamie and Alice were the only reason I used to watch BBBOTS. :(
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im probably the only one who has always liked BOTS, apart from the old audience who just seemed to be full of rentamob, possibly unemployed, or people who just hung around Borehamwood all day.
  • wildparkwildpark Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't know why they even asked anybody to turn up. They just might as well have read an edict of correct thinking.

There were all sorts of interesting issues to be discussed, but all you got was guests (those who could string together a sentence) who left every claim unchallenged. Speak your weight machine television.
  • jazzydrury3jazzydrury3 Posts: 27,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But could they have disscussec the issues from the Weekend, Jeremy the police have been inormed so they couldnt discuss even if they wanted.
  • hmeisterhmeister Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shit on the Side is just like a turd, it can't be polished.

Axe it and replace it with a proper spin off or at least a longer highlights show since we can't have Live Feed>:(
  • hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's that bloke with the mad hair who used to do Big Mouth doing these days? Maybe he could come back - he made me chuckle ;-)