Esmee Denters on this weekend

Comments

• Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Enjoyed Esmme's performance tonight, but was'nt surprised to see her get through as she has the experience. Should do well.

I agree she was great and in my eyes still has it. So glad the coaches turned for her.
  • allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon she could do quite good for us at Eurovision (I know shes not British!)
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good performance though I think it was an odd choice of song for her to pick as it didn't really let her show what she can do
  • alan29alan29 Posts: 34,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another female singer who takes a slow song and decks it out with twiddly bits, and does that annoying croak every time she sings "I."
    Does the industry need another one?
  • sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Smelling a management introduction here.... she's signed to Billy Mann's management and has been since the Timberland days......good luck to her if she makes it, but I'd prefer to see someone with no current management win this show.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was really good, and I'm glad she's through. Although I was saddened by the way she just completely burned Ricky.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Felt she had a bit of an ego when Ricky was trying to pitch to her. Could have been more humble. Not in the least bit surprised she went with Will calling him the 'mogul'. She wants back in with a new mentor, one who isn't JT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    She was really good, and I'm glad she's through. Although I was saddened by the way she just completely burned Ricky.

Rude and ungracious ..... I wonder why she failed last time round? :D
  • AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Felt she had a bit of an ego when Ricky was trying to pitch to her. Could have been more humble. Not in the least bit surprised she went with Will calling him the 'mogul'. She wants back in with a new mentor, one who isn't JT.

Can you blame her? It was a bloody smart move
  • Slow_LorisSlow_Loris Posts: 24,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was not very likeable when discussing with the judges. I don't know her from her previous efforts and would be unlikely to vote for her based on her attitude.
  • notinnotin Posts: 1,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilesb wrote: »
    She was not very likeable when discussing with the judges. I don't know her from her previous efforts and would be unlikely to vote for her based on her attitude.

There's a little bit of me that agrees with you, there was an vapour of arrogance ...we will see.
  • mrs.deschanelmrs.deschanel Posts: 3,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »

I don't blame her for wanting Will but I agree her ego was huge and her attitude was awful. I also felt like they were primed for her a little hence Will remembering talking to her. Maybe that's because I can't remember who I spoke to last week never mind years back. I know someone who auditioned and Will knew about them and what they'd already done so I do feel they are a tad prompted. Anyway I didn't like her at all or her superiority complex and how to spoke to the lovely twinkly blue eyed one.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her attitude was atrocious. Entitled, arrogant and superior. The 'mogul' comment irked me and I wonder how will felt about it given his comment to Daniel about his love of music for music's sake. I had never heard of her either.
  • Norn2Norn2 Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i didn't think she was arrogant at all. seemed confident to me.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I think she's as good as she's going to get, and that's not good enough. And yes, she was a tad rude.
  • scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alan29 wrote: »
    Rude and ungracious ..... I wonder why she failed last time round? :D

That's was I thought, I think she wasn't humble enough, but her voice and performance were great.

I can't see her winning the audience vote.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's was I thought, I think she wasn't humble enough, but her voice and performance were great.

I can't see her winning the audience vote.

The music industry is full of singers like her.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    notin wrote: »
    There's a little bit of me that agrees with you, there was an vapour of arrogance ...we will see.

Absolutely agree with you there. It was clear a mile off.

I didn't like it personally, but i hope she improves for the next round.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Norn2 wrote: »
    i didn't think she was arrogant at all. seemed confident to me.

I agree. Having worked in the industry already, she wasn't starstruck like some are. She didn't seem arrogant and was openly grateful that people had turned for her. The bit where she told Ricky her boyfriend was backstage was clearly just a joke, as he was coming off like he was hitting on her! But she wasn't being mean about it, just having a bit of fun. Most people probably wouldn't have had the guts to tease him like that, but I don't think it was arrogant of her. She was just confident on stage and talking to famous people.
  • redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Her attitude was atrocious. Entitled, arrogant and superior. The 'mogul' comment irked me and I wonder how will felt about it given his comment to Daniel about his love of music for music's sake. I had never heard of her either.

I agree. I thought she came over very arrogant. I don't think she should have been given a second chance based on how well she had done previously working with JT. I mean, she, an experienced performer, is up against teachers etc and people who are in it for the first time
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    she was ok but nothing special imo

I remember alex parks doing that song on fame academy years ago and it gave me goosebumps listening to her

last night's attempt paled by comparison
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know someone who auditioned and Will knew about them and what they'd already done so I do feel they are a tad prompted.

I reckon they are aware of all the auditionees' names (though not who's who when they're singing) because when Liss Jones introduced herself, the coaches correctly pronounced her name, whereas I at least would've presumed she'd said "Liz".
  • swan007swan007 Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »

I agree. She was very unlikeable.
  • rubyred25rubyred25 Posts: 1,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She seemed very confident to me!
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm surprised people thought she was arrogant. She's just not as starstruck as the other ccontestants, because of her background. It would have been fake if she had been gushing over them. And her banter with Ricky was typical of the humour you get in the Netherlands and Scandanavia.