Options

Is there any chance that these tv shows will come to DVD?

freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
Forum Member
✭✭✭
2.4 children series 4 -8
The green green grass series 1
Allo Allo series 1-9 (i know 1-2 and 3-4 are on dvd)
Birds Of A Feather Series 1-9
My hero 1-5 (coming to dvd in USA)

Thank you

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2.4 children series 4 -8

Thank you

I don't know for sure, but there's a good chance if Allo Allo already has some DVD's released, they will continue this. It depends on the general sales and for that reason I doubt if The Green Green Grass would be released unless it was combined with an Only Fools and Horses DVD. I'm not sure about either My Hero or Birds of a Feather, although it's always a possibility in the latter case. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2.4 children series 4 -8

Thank you

2.4 Children series 1 to 3 did really poor and its been stopped.

Birds of a Feather series 1 is the same.

Allo Allo is taking its time getting to DVD.

Wait till series 2 of 'The Green Green Grass' before series 1 might be release on DVD.

My Hero i have no idea about
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that it is something to do with the fact that the BBC have stopped letting other companies release their stuff. Allo Allo, for example, released by Network Universal is something I would like to see the remainder of the series released.

From what I have heard, BBC's new company 2 Entertain have taken back all of the BBC releases and are going to continue themselves. Therefore a complete release of Allo Allo could be on the cards after all.
  • Options
    the_charmed_onethe_charmed_one Posts: 1,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I emailed the company who issued the first 3 series of 2 Point 4 Children and they replied telling me the rest would released by the BBC in 2007.

Birds of a feathers first series must have had poor sales hence why none others have been released (which Im gutted about)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2entertain apparently stated their intention to release the rest of 2.4 children as well, but not until 2007 at the earliest. I'm afraid I can't remember where I read that.
  • Options
    freetoview33freetoview33 Posts: 2,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seams that they are currently on my family, But goodnight sweetheart is still being released.
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this might have been mentioned previously, but does anyone know when the brilliant 'Undeclared' will be released on DVD in the UK? It was a really funny American comedy about these bunch of daft, yet hilarious guys who were living away @ University.... it was on @ around 12:00am on ITV.

Thanks in advance! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I emailed the BBC about 3 months ago with regards to Birds Of A Feather DVD beyond series 1 and they said they would consider it if enough people showed an interest.
  • Options
    dashyork42dashyork42 Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I emailed the BBC about 3 months ago with regards to Birds Of A Feather DVD beyond series 1 and they said they would consider it if enough people showed an interest.

That's annoying for the people who actually like and go out and buy the first series of whatever show-then get let down by the company who decide not to release the rest! They should release the whole series of shows in a box set (more expensive I know, but at least you know you're gonna get the lot).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dashyork42 wrote:
    That's annoying for the people who actually like and go out and buy the first series of whatever show-then get let down by the company who decide not to release the rest! They should release the whole series of shows in a box set (more expensive I know, but at least you know you're gonna get the lot).

It is bloody annoying as I realy like the show and everyone know that the first series of a show is never really the best . With Birds Of A Feather this is the case as the classic moments are in later series (like Dorieen doing like a virgin). I plan to do a petition to get the release of at least 3 more series. All they need is the right promo for the dvd to sell. I.E repeat a couple of episodes on sudays or during week and at end do one of those things advertising dvd "For more classic episodes you can now buy the birds of a feather seris 2/3/4/whatever dvd. We know the popularity is ther thanks to the Britain's best sitcom show which placed above shows like Goodnight Sweetheart and Gimme Gimme Gimme which have both recieved/recieving full series releases.
  • Options
    ClareBClareB Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been waiting for ages for the final series of Just Good Friends to be realease, but it hasn't happened so far. The same goes for further series of Three UP Two Down. To me, it's like releasing half a book!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    here is an online petition ofr Birds Of A Feather DVD release.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?BOAFDVD&1
  • Options
    mongositomongosito Posts: 2,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the series is not owned by the BBC,nor made by them it may be wiser to contact those who do.
    It was made by Select TV-and IIRC Carlton/Granada purchased their company/catalogue lock stock and barrel.
    PLAYBACK UNIVERSAL are really the ones to write to regarding Just Good Friends as they released series 1 and 2.
    There seems to be rights issues with the feature length special that followed series 3 but took place before series 1.
    It has never been repeated anywhere.
    Perhaps they want to get this sorted before series 3 comes out,although Playback have an annoying habit of leaving literally years between seasons of shows they own like Six Million Dollar Man aswell as stuff they license from the BBC
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the remaining series of George & Mildred are released: 4 and 5.
  • Options
    dashyork42dashyork42 Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is bloody annoying as I realy like the show and everyone know that the first series of a show is never really the best . With Birds Of A Feather this is the case as the classic moments are in later series (like Dorieen doing like a virgin). I plan to do a petition to get the release of at least 3 more series. All they need is the right promo for the dvd to sell. I.E repeat a couple of episodes on sudays or during week and at end do one of those things advertising dvd "For more classic episodes you can now buy the birds of a feather seris 2/3/4/whatever dvd. We know the popularity is ther thanks to the Britain's best sitcom show which placed above shows like Goodnight Sweetheart and Gimme Gimme Gimme which have both recieved/recieving full series releases.

"Goodnight Sweetheart" is a good example there Sweet_Music. I signed the petition for that to be released-and it got us somewhere-but it took years for them to pull thier finger out and release it.
  • Options
    hopwoodlhopwoodl Posts: 1,140
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really want 'Allo 'Allo series 5+ too!!!

(I also want the remainding series of Bread!!)

I would also love Newman & Baddiel (the TV series and the live performances) on DVD. I've got some of them on VHS but they're old and won't last forever!!! I'm sure these would sell!!

Who do I write to in order to moan that my life won't be complete until I have these in my DVD collection???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many signitures ended up on the Goodnight Sweetheart petition?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Write to the station that broadcast the show and/or the company that produced it. However if it was on ITV you stand no chance as I emailed them about further series of Second Thoughts and Watching they themselves said they had no idea as they did not deal with that side of things they sent me the email of the people who do and they said "Due to confidentiality reasons we cannot discuss future release"
  • Options
    NeilPostNeilPost Posts: 6,067
    Forum Member
    I would like to see BBC Scotland's excellent 'The High Life' starring Alan Cumming be released, as UKTV don;t want to show it.

For those too young, similar theme to Sky's Mile High, but 100x funnier, and done about 15 years ago.

Scotia Airways, those were the days....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilPost wrote:
    I would like to see BBC Scotland's excellent 'The High Life' starring Alan Cumming be released, as UKTV don;t want to show it.
    The High Life is available here.

For shows like Bread, Allo Allo (and possibly Just Good Friends) along with others, they were originally released by Universal Playback under license to BBC Worldwide. Once the rights expired, they were brought back in house under the new 2 entertain brand. They have started releasing 'As Time goes by' which was started by Playback, so it is expected that the rest of the releases will follow sometime. The jury is out as to whether they will start where Playback left off, or from the beginning of each show's run.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two more series the BBC released the first series of, then lost interest in: "People Like Us" and "Monkey Dust". Neither of which is repeated often. For the former, not for many years, apparently! (for the second series, at least)

Thanks a bunch, BBC
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will we ever get Twin Peaks season two is what I want to know!
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ClareB wrote:
    I've been waiting for ages for the final series of Just Good Friends to be realease, but it hasn't happened so far. The same goes for further series of Three UP Two Down. To me, it's like releasing half a book!

Totally agree. I'd also include 'Sorry!' and 'Don't Wait Up' As you say Clare it is like releasing half a book!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the BBC is more likely to release DVDs of recent shows rather than try and bring back the old ones. Well, at least that's how it is in America. They want to make sure that if they do produce a DVD it'll actually sell.