Options

Change audio track and subtitles in media server?

weirdbeardmtweirdbeardmt Posts: 5
Forum Member
Hi

I have a humax HDR-1010s and a Synology d415j NAS box with dlna server. I have loaded some TV shows on the NAS box in MKV format.

The humax can see the synology as a shared server and play the videos but the problem is I can't work out how to change the audio track and subtitles.

The videos themselves are ok.., ie if I play them in VLC player on my computer I can see the audio tracks and subtitle tracks and set the appropriately. Likewise using the synology app on my iPad.. same.

But when using the dlna client app on the humax... How do I change the audio track and subtitles? Basically I want to turn it all off and play in English with no subtitles...! Trouble is I'm not too sure exactly what is in control of this... Is it the synology dlna server app or is it the dlna client on the humax?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    weirdbeardmtweirdbeardmt Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Turns out this is a limitation of the DLNA client on the humax. Found an OS X port of mkvmerge and with a bit of terminal scripting was able to reprocess 200 odd video files to strip out the subtitles and unwanted language streams.

So this will have to do until humax improve the media player.