The Dark Knight RISES Official Thread

Comments

• Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    galaxy99 wrote: »
    Dark Knight Rises trailor

This may be christian Bales last Batman, anyway I know someone may well have done a thread on this before I don't know, but it looks phenomonal!!! Very dark, anyone know who the guy in the mask is playing, who is acting him?

Its my future husband Tom Hardy
  • 00tommo00tommo Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, The Dark Knight Rises thread is currently on page 1! Nearly 800 posts long too.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1426238
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    00tommo wrote: »
    Hmm, The Dark Knight Rises thread is currently on page 1! Nearly 800 posts long too.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1426238

With only 54,877 views too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    missed that, what a plonker:o:D
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    galaxy99 wrote: »
    anyone know who the guy in the mask is playing, who is acting him?

If you don't know Tom Hardy then I'm assigning you three pieces of homework. Bronson, Inception and Warrior :D

He's playing Bane btw
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    If you don't know Tom Hardy then I'm assigning you three pieces of homework. Bronson, Inception and Warrior :D

He's playing Bane btw
    Thanks, did not recognise him with the mask, he's bulked up as well.
  • jamespondojamespondo Posts: 6,040
    Forum Member
    Isn't this something like the third or fourth most expensive movie ever made? Either way, Nolan gets CGI, unlike the likes of Spielberg and Lucas who are way too overjoyed by it. So ultra big budget + better choreographed SFX should equal one hell of a movie. Gotham looks like it's gonna get destroyed, with lots of casualities - something most superhero movies shy away from. The bit with what looks like a NYSE type financial district getting attacked looks pretty cool and eerie. Plus we no very little of why Bane is Gotham's reckoning.

Then there's the cast... Definitely one of the rare ocassions when I go to cinema.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really hope the ain't it cool rumour that the 1st cut was north of 3 hours isn't true. The second one was too long at two and a half hours.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    It's 2h40m.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NinjyBear wrote: »
    It's 2h40m.

Nolan said that 1/3 of the film will be in IMAX and it was revealed recently that approx 55minutes-1hour would be in IMAX so it could be as long as 3 hours. Personally I didn't find TDK that long, didn't look at the time once so for me the longer the better.
    Forum Member
    Personally I didn't find TDK that long, didn't look at the time once so for me the longer the better.

Same here :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    I know it's something people will never stop complaining about, but I love Bane's voice.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its my future husband Tom Hardy

Get in line. :mad::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A visual effects/filmmaker's (Roger Nall) wife went to see a cut of TDKR (reason unknown, probably a very private screening) anyway the response and running time estimate (not good for people who didn't like TDKR's length.
    To all those who asked, the report back is "Excellent!" Also, to those who asked, 3hrs + #GonnaBeEpic
  • lordo350lordo350 Posts: 3,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A film can be as long as it wants to be. As long as its good!
    The Studio Executives might get a bit nervous at the run time, thinking it'll prevent people going to see it. They've tried to make Nolan do something he didn't want before, and he told them no; make it 3d. Like Joss Wheedon at the moment, Nolan is a director that is calling the shots. He is too valuable to risk annoying.
    Let's face it. Would we be even 1/3 excited for this movie if Nolan wasn't the guy behind the scenes? I mean... what if it was Michael Bay? Arrhhhh shudder.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lordo350 wrote: »
    A film can be as long as it wants to be. As long as its good!
    The Studio Executives might get a bit nervous at the run time, thinking it'll prevent people going to see it. They've tried to make Nolan do something he didn't want before, and he told them no; make it 3d. Like Joss Wheedon at the moment, Nolan is a director that is calling the shots. He is too valuable to risk annoying.
    Let's face it. Would we be even 1/3 excited for this movie if Nolan wasn't the guy behind the scenes? I mean... what if it was Michael Bay? Arrhhhh shudder.

Haha! With Nolan pretty much every shot and scene is vital to the story. With Bay in Transformers 3 theres is literally just entire shot of a womans ass walking up somestairs. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    A visual effects/filmmaker's (Roger Nall) wife went to see a cut of TDKR (reason unknown, probably a very private screening) anyway the response and running time estimate (not good for people who didn't like TDKR's length.

3 Hours?

I guess this will be the first film I go to see on my own :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3 hours? Pah! I couldn't give a donkey's... I will see this with at least two sets of friends, my brothers and some relatives in London. I will also see it on my own if I feels like it ;) It's how I roll.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ANOTHER new poster (personally the best one yet!) http://batman-news.com/2012/05/25/secret-catwoman-poster-discovered-official-the-dark-knight-rises-website/

Cool thing is was that this poster was hidden inside the last (rubbish) official poster.
  • Jimmy Big LegsJimmy Big Legs Posts: 390
    Forum Member
    ANOTHER new poster (personally the best one yet!) http://batman-news.com/2012/05/25/secret-catwoman-poster-discovered-official-the-dark-knight-rises-website/

Cool thing is was that this poster was hidden inside the last (rubbish) official poster.

Now that's more like it. That and the one with Bane walking away are fantastic!

I fear I might have to wait for this film on Blu-ray if the 3 hour running time is correct. I was almost passing out by the end of TDK. Then again, I did see it at the IMAX in Bradford which is quite possibly the most uncomfortable cinema ever.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Must be read!!!

http://slumz.boxden.com/f218/dark-knight-rises-will-3-hours-long-afterall-thankyoubasednolan-1758570/

I am so excited for TDKR! For me, this is MY summer blockbuster of 2012. No other film comes close.
  • McdigestiveMcdigestive Posts: 830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to this film. Catwoman looks amazing!
    I wonder what her fate will be? In previous movies its usually her disappearing into the background so we're left wondering
    Forum Member