New High res pics/video of the new Blackberry phone!

Comments

• clubfoot fcclubfoot fc Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    slick1two wrote: »
    Why does it need a unique selling point? It just needs to do what the rest do and do it better, and it does. Simple as that. Apple's selling point was simplicity and ease of use for the iphone. the BB10 takes that simplicity, and kicks things up. Dont forget full flash on the browser and the fastest HTML 5 experience on any device.

Seamless live switching between apps, or just peek into one and then back to the video or music or browser. How can you not be impressed?

It needs a usp to get people to come back to BB.people left them for a reason and they need a good reason to come back.

bbm was the usp for consumers but apps such as whats app viper kik etc have come along that are better and cross platform too

Don't get me wrong its a good phone but not outstanding and certainly no game changer as has been mentioned here.

I'm pretty sure there will be better phones launched over the next few months
  • slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All those who are knocking bb10, it's a new platform!!! what was IOS and Android when they first came out!!???
  • Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it, I understand Android fans worrying, it looks like its aimed DIRECTLY at the Android market.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Erm....

S3 = 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm
    Z10 = 130 x 65.6 x 9mm

So roughly similar sizes but the Z10 has half the screen size...:)

But better PPI :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Available TOMORROW in the UK on 3 yes!!
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But better PPI :p

Same resolution, smaller screen = better ppi. In other news, the sky is blue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Same resolution, smaller screen = better ppi. In other news, the sky is blue.

So? I will produce a better image on screen than the S3 and the Nexus 4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really wouldn't want carrier branded though if they gonna add bloatware.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    All those who are knocking bb10, it's a new platform!!! what was IOS and Android when they first came out!!???

New from the ground up or an evolutionary upgrade from the Playbook which is 12 + months old?
    Forum Member

when ios in 2007 came out it broke the mould android came in 2008 looked to build on the ios success

blackberry chose to ignore and got caught out and years later they launch a similar platform 5 years after ios

. yeah it's decent but i a keep banging on about I don't see why people should rush out and get it

this hands on review backs up what i've been saying
    The near-final non-keyboard BB10 smartphone I had a play with reminded me of an iPhone 5 (though slightly bigger) more than any other device. And the OS seemed a mashup between iOS, Android and Windows Phone rather than something radically different.

The lack of a home button took some time to get used to, as did some other BB10 features like swiping up to return to homepage or the 'peek and flow' navigation.

Nevertheless, I did like the ability to set different security settings for work and play accounts, the responsive touch keyboard, the impressive camera and BBM integration in sharing. But for a device so crucial to RIM's survival, it still didn't feel compelling enough to make the switch from an iPhone or a Galaxy S3.

The other factor of course is cost. If RIM wants to target the teenagers hooked on BBM and Facebook or the non-enterprise segment in developing countries, it needs to compete with the popular Android and Nokia models. I wonder how affordable they can make a feature-rich flagship smartphone such as this, or if they have some low-spec versions up their sleeves.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2013/jan/30/blackberry-bb10-research-in-motion

As i've previously stated I'm no fanboy I've had blackberry ios and currently have android
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    All a bit last year I feel probably should have launched then when they planned to. Can't see this making the required change for BB unfortunately which is a shame.

Going to lose many of the more loyal users because of the new os and little to tempt any one away for established platforms.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    when ios in 2007 came out it broke the mould android came in 2008 looked to build on the ios success

blackberry chose to ignore and got caught out and years later they launch a similar platform 5 years after ios

. yeah it's decent but i a keep banging on about I don't see why people should rush out and get it

this hands on review backs up what i've been saying

http://www.guardian.co.uk/global/2013/jan/30/blackberry-bb10-research-in-motion

As i've previously stated I'm no fanboy I've had blackberry ios and currently have android

So on one hand the Gaurdian say its nothing new, but then on the other they say how can they make such a feature smart phone affordable? It look's like a great OS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well most people getting phones on contracts So cost not such an issue. how after youngsters getting iPhones and androids??

still not sure what you are expecting. in what way does it disappoint?? can you elaborate?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well like the said at the beginning of the presentation, either piggy back on someone else s inferior OS or do it there own way. I hope it really works for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    All a bit last year I feel probably should have launched then when they planned to. Can't see this making the required change for BB unfortunately which is a shame.

Going to lose many of the more loyal users because of the new os and little to tempt any one away for established platforms.

you came to this conclusion based on what? be specific if you can. if not then it's just the usual rhetoric.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funny how people keep saying its not good compared to the Iphone and androids but can't say Why or in what way!
  • joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    70,000 Apps and counting
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well most people getting phones on contracts So cost not such an issue. how after youngsters getting iPhones and androids??

still not sure what you are expecting. in what way does it disappoint?? can you elaborate?

BB have zero brand image with BB10 expect for the Playbook which was slashed down to bargain bucket prices. They don't have the same brand image as Apple or Google to rely on, they are very much in the same position Palm were in a couple of years ago with one desperate push to see if they get lucky.

Even Microsoft is failing in the smartphone market despite them basically having a monopoly on the PC market, BB needs a gargantuan stroke of luck for this to be a success, that's plain to see. Even the initial reviews have not exactly been glowing.
    Forum Member
    The Z10 is a decent smartphone offering up a strong range of features and a fancy new operating system which may catch the eye of the technologically adventurous.
    It does pretty much everything we'd expect from a high-end device and there are no major flaws to go running to the presses about.
    That said the Z10 also lacks any killer selling points. It's hard to find reasons why we'd recommend this over say the Samsung Galaxy S3, iPhone 5, Sony Xperia Z or Nokia Lumia 920.
    The unproven operating system and severe lack of headlining applications will turn a lot of consumers off at point of sale and it's the image of the BlacBerry brand as a whole which RIM needs to work on fast if it stands a chance of winning back the hearts of the general public.
    The BlackBerry Z10 – it's got the weight of a whole company on its plastic shoulders. It's holding up, but we're not sure for how long

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/blackberry-z10-1128348/review/13#articleContent

another review basically saying the same good phone but no better than whats out at the minute
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Telegraph review just in:
    And that’s the challenge – in an era when Apple’s iPhone 5 was a slight disappointment because it was a little bit predictable, and when Samsung is packing phones so full of features it’s hard to always find a use for them, the Z10 is merely quite good. It will find its corporate niche, and ‘too little too late’ is too harsh. But it’s not quite enough, not quite soon enough.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/blackberry/9837386/BB10-BlackBerry-Z10-review.html

I'm noticing a trend here...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what is there not to like? it's a clean ui , it's very fast, can flow from task to task, has a great screen with great pixel density, will have big apps like kindle whatapp, and all the social ones, has an excellent on screen keyboard etc etc.

There is no pleasing some people!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.techradar.com/reviews/phones/mobile-phones/blackberry-z10-1128348/review/13#articleContent

another review basically saying the same good phone but no better than whats out at the minute

But they see it in the same class as the Xperia Z, Lumina 920 and iPhone 5, the S3 shows it a strong contender.

I love how they don't even bother mentioning the Nexus 4 lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shares have crashed down by 6% since the launch announcement too....I don't think BB have done enough.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we will see when the sales figures come out. The numbers won't lie.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So ts seems so far on this forum...Windows phone owners like it, iPhone users like it, But as usual the Android users coming out in packs slating it..I wonder why they always do that?