New High res pics/video of the new Blackberry phone!

Comments

• slick1twoslick1two Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stiggles wrote: »
    You know any tablet does that with ease as well? What you are talking about isnt specific to the playbook lol

Its still a massive failure!

So it's a massive failure because it does what other tablets do? Tell me how that even makes any sense? :confused:
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    slick1two wrote: »
    So it's a massive failure because it does what other tablets do? Tell me how that even makes any sense? :confused:

Sorry, getting confused are we?..

You gave examples of what the playbook did like it was done sort of great feat. I told you all tablets do this.

Are you seriously saying the playbook was not a huge failure? If so, why can't shops shift them even at vastly lowered prices?
  • charliesayscharliesays Posts: 1,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread seems like the work of the RIM marketing department
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You gave examples of what the playbook did like it was done sort of great feat. I told you all tablets do this.

Are you seriously saying the playbook was not a huge failure? If so, why can't shops shift them even at vastly lowered prices?

So, was it a sales failure or a design failure or maybe a marketing failure?

If you are only measuring failure by sales then yes you are right.
  • alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    I like the look of it and would certainly take a closer look next time I'm in the market for a new phone especially as I have a Playbook which I have found to be a fantastic device.

For me it's the ease of use of the multi tasking that makes the Blackberry so interesting - both Android and iOS are quite clunky in that respect whilst Blackberry it's just a swipe and a tap - so easy and quick.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You seem to be the one that is confused as a piece of tech there is nothing wrong with it and measures up well with other tablets. Yes they didn't sell well. It there are factors for that other than the quality if the device. In terms of performance since 2.1 updates solid and very responsive. It's failure in the pr sense largely due RIM's poor marketing and the initial price point which was too high given what it was up against.

But you can't write it off because it's still there and it's still being supported and it's still selling at a lower price. RIM wants to get it in to as many hands as possible even at a loss they can try to generate revenue through other means. The playbook is far from dead and will get OS10 in 2013. So no its no touchpad which was pulled and the OS discontinued. PB will continue to get better and better and more apps will be on the way. Big development drive taking place as we speak working on native bb10 apps.

Look you clearly don't like RIM/BB products and would love to see them fail. Why not just be honest about that?
    Forum Member
    You seem to be the one that is confused as a piece of tech there is nothing wrong with it and measures up well with other tablets. Yes they didn't sell well. It there are factors for that other than the quality if the device. In terms of performance since 2.1 updates solid and very responsive. It's failure in the pr sense largely due RIM's poor marketing and the initial price point which was too high given what it was up against.

But you can't write it off because it's still there and it's still being supported and it's still selling at a lower price. RIM wants to get it in to See many hands as possible even at a loss they can try to generate revenue through other means. The playbook is far from dead and will get OS10 in 2013. So no its no touchpad which was pulled and the OS discontinued. PB will continue to get better and better and more apps will be on the way. Big development drive taking place as we speak working on native bb10 apps.

I can and i will. I had a Playbook and it was crap.

You are completely wrong about the reduction in price. It was reduced in price because it was not selling. Its still not selling!! Its a failure.
    Look you clearly don't like RIM/BB products and would love to see them fail. Why not just be honest about that?

Oh grow up for goodness sake and don't come out with such absolute crap.

I want to see no one fail. What i want to see is the company expand and do better things. So far for the last 6 years i have seen absolute twaddle being released. Cheap tatty underpowered phones, an absolutely bollocks OS and a piss poor excuse for a tablet. Dont you understand why they nearly collapsed a while back? Its for that very reason!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can and i will. I had a Playbook and it was crap.

You are completely wrong about the reduction in price. It was reduced in price because it was not selling. Its still not selling!! Its a failure.

Oh grow up for goodness sake and don't come out with such absolute crap.

I want to see no one fail. What i want to see is the company expand and do better things. So far for the last 6 years i have seen absolute twaddle being released. Cheap tatty underpowered phones, an absolutely bollocks OS and a piss poor excuse for a tablet. Dont you understand why they nearly collapsed a while back? Its for that very reason!

Which is exactly what they are trying to do! They have new leadership now, new focus. What do you think they have been doing the past year?? They have been touring the world in fact, opening up work shops for developers, improving their development tools, working on a far better OS with real multitasking and a fluid user experience which the playbook has and the new set of phones will have.

It's clear you are not interested in putting across an informed opinion. you just like to spew the same old tired rhetoric that all the RIM haters love to come out with. They love to bash lack of innovation yet Apple screen looks the same old crappy UI it has in the first gen iphone. RIM with QNX are doing some good things right now, but you do not care to look any of it up,

The playbook is old hardware in tech terms yet its still pretty quick and can run 3D games and HD video just fine. The browser too is incredibly good and they have not dropped flash support like Apple and Android have. Flash and HTML 5 are totally supported and the PB browser even now offers the best html 5 experience. These test scores proves it! And look at development or beta catergory and see what the score is for BB10 browser. Then tell me that RIM aren't doing anything!

Oh you keep saying the PB is crap, yet you can't say why it's crap or what is so bad about it. Please enlighten everyone as to why it is so crap. Care to explain?

http://html5test.com/results/tablet.html
    Forum Member
    It's clear you are not interested in putting across an informed opinion. you just like to spew the same old tired rhetoric that all the RIM haters love to come out with

And with that, I'm out. I told you not to come out with bullshit like that, and in the very next post you have done it again!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=Stiggles;62988280]And with that, I'm out. I told you not to come out with bullshit like that, and in the very next post you have done it again!![/QUOTE]

Couldn't back up anything you said with facts, could not explain why the playbook is crap so on and so forth. Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out :p
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's clear you are not interested in putting across an informed opinion. you just like to spew the same old tired rhetoric that all the RIM haters love to come out with. They love to bash lack of innovation yet Apple screen looks the same old crappy UI it has in the first gen iphone. RIM with QNX are doing some good things right now, but you do not care to look any of it up,

The playbook is old hardware in tech terms yet its still pretty quick and can run 3D games and HD video just fine. The browser too is incredibly good and they have not dropped flash support like Apple and Android have. Flash and HTML 5 are totally supported and the PB browser even now offers the best html 5 experience. These test scores proves it! And look at development or beta catergory and see what the score is for BB10 browser. Then tell me that RIM aren't doing anything!

What exactly are RIM doing with QNX besides rushing to port Android apps to the platform? Developers are running away from it and abandoning projects to build apps for it because it has no momentum. QNX will end up like Meego and all these other failed mobile OS ventures, it has literally no apps, like I said before Blackberry World is a joke, there is nothing on it as others have pointed out and you continue to avoid addressing.

The Playbook is useless to most consumers, why would they choose that when they can get a Nexus tablet or an iPad or even the Kindle Fire, all three of which are linked with extremely content rich stores, not just in apps, but music, movies and other media. The Blackberry World store is barely scraping 100k apps, whereas Android and iOS both have 750k+ apps, games and all the latest from developers. Both are prime examples that apps and content can really make a platform come to life, and as far as BB is concerned, it's dead in the ground in that respect.

It may suit you and other niche customers, but it will not be a commercial success.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    What exactly are RIM doing with QNX besides rushing to port Android apps to the platform? Developers are running away from it and abandoning projects to build apps for it because it has no momentum. QNX will end up like Meego and all these other failed mobile OS ventures, it has literally no apps, like I said before Blackberry World is a joke, there is nothing on it as others have pointed out and you continue to avoid addressing.

The Playbook is useless to most consumers, why would they choose that when they can get a Nexus tablet or an iPad or even the Kindle Fire, all three of which are linked with extremely content rich stores, not just in apps, but music, movies and other media. The Blackberry World store is barely scraping 100k apps, whereas Android and iOS both have 750k+ apps, games and all the latest from developers. Both are prime examples that apps and content can really make a platform come to life, and as far as BB is concerned, it's dead in the ground in that respect.

It may suit you and other niche customers, but it will not be a commercial success.

For the nth time this not the current BB OS we are talking about here. I don't know what sources you have but developers are on board for bb10, RIM are going to push content through their store too, it's no longer called Appworld, it's now Blackberry world, and will do music, movies etc. And remember they got 80m plus users. Thats a lot of potential customers for content. Yes people can buy google, Amazon and Apple, but choice is a good thing.

RIM are set up perfectly well to not just survive but get right in the mix. They have to execute though, and get it right as they are under pressure. They don't need to beat Apple or Samsung, they just need to get in among the others and then build from there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/browser-bb10-game-changer-757916/
    Right now on Business News Televison in Canada. Chris Eben, from the "Working Group" talking right now about how the BB10 browser will have capabilities beyond any current browser and makes the concept of apps. OBSOLETE. His words not mine. Now he goes on to say he is waiting to see what happens with market acceptance of the devices and operating system before jumping into developing apps. Sees BB10 browser as creating a new reality for web access!! Nice to see more positive news on BB10 continue to stream in.

Native apps versus web based - HTML 5 allows the browser to do this versus the OIS need of "apps"

Nice to hear that this is possible and that BB10 is the first to have this capability!!

Interesting :cool:
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

So they aren't bothered about the gaming phone market? Thats a very big market to be leaving out there, alienating a lot of possible customers.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many dont because they aren't in control of the data. They cant back it up themselves. Apple is terrible for network administration.

They couldn't in the early days, but Apple have since done a lot of work with the corporations and everything from security, backups, deployment, custom in-house apps, remote access etc. are all supported now. Brief overview http://www.apple.com/iphone/business/it-center/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So they aren't bothered about the gaming phone market? Thats a very big market to be leaving out there, alienating a lot of possible customers.

How on Earth did you come to that conclusion from that post which was about the browser??

Gaming is not being overlooked. Devs are being encouraged to port their games and develop for bb10.

Schemes like this have been going on all year round.

http://crackberry.com/further-got-game-port-thon-dates-added-asia-pacific

The new hardware/software combo will be poweful enough for games. The Playbook already has graphically intense games like Shadow Gun, Asphalt, Modern Combat, Dead Space and they run totally fine on it. This is even before bb10 has been out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on Earth did you come to that conclusion from that post which was about the browser??

Gaming is not being overlooked. Devs are being encouraged to port their games and develop for bb10.

Schemes like this have been going on all year round.

http://crackberry.com/further-got-game-port-thon-dates-added-asia-pacific

The new hardware/software combo will be poweful enough for games. The Playbook already has graphically intense games like Shadow Gun, Asphalt, Modern Combat, Dead Space and they run totally fine on it. This is even before bb10 has been out.

How about this bit?
    concept of apps. OBSOLETE
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about this bit?

I don't know about you but most people make a distinction between games and apps. Just like in Android app store you have games, apps, music, movies or something like that.

And I dont think it will be that drastic. I think it is talking about negating the need for having apps that are already built in to the core system be in in the OS itself or the browser. Basically not to have so much reliance on apps when the OS itself will offer so much more function. Of course there are going to be apps, what is the point of their app store?what is the point of pushing developers like they are and even giving them cash incentives to develop bb10 apps?

You gotta use a little common sense sometimes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about you but most people make a distinction between games and apps. Just like in Android app store you have games, apps, music, movies or something like that.

And I dont think it will be that drastic. I think it is talking about negating the need for having apps that are already built in to the core system be in in the OS itself or the browser. Basically not to have so much reliance on apps when the OS itself will offer so much more function. Of course there are going to be apps, what is the point of their app store?what is the point of pushing developers like they are and even giving them cash incentives to develop bb10 apps?

Eh? The AppStore on the iphone is where you get games from as well. App is short for Application which games are. To submit games on the iphone you use the Application Loader, not the Game Loader.

The OS has not distinction between apps and games.

Edit: Its also not technically an absurd idea, because HTML5 is perfectly capable.
  • misarmisar Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You might then realise that the trolls are having a wonderful time winding you up.

If you must have the last word why not point out that Blackberries/Playbooks are bought by intelligent users who focus on key functionality, iPhones/iPads are bought by dedicated followers of fashion, and most other smart phones/tablets are bought by children (of all ages).:)
    Forum Member
    misar wrote: »
    You might then realise that the trolls are having a wonderful time winding you up.

If you must have the last word why not point out that Blackberries/Playbooks are bought by intelligent users who focus on key functionality, iPhones/iPads are bought by dedicated followers of fashion, and most other smart phones/tablets are bought by children (of all ages).:)

Uhm...hate to point this out to you, but blackberrys are the choice for children these days!! Every kid i know has one!! Playbooks are bought by no one!
  • icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My company has just bought 5000 Playbooks and gave them as Xmas presents to all the employees.Theres a few Ipad users who haven't touched them since opening the Blackberry.
    Forum Member
    Couldn't back up anything you said with facts, could not explain why the playbook is crap so on and so forth. Don't let the door hit your backside on the way out :p

Facts,..ok.

No store can shift playbooks no matter how much they reduce them. Blackberrys OS has always been secure but slow, hideous looking and very limited in apps etc. Whether BB10 changes this i guess we will have to wait and see but, looking at their past, nothing will change.

I'll hold out however and if im wrong i shall admit it.
    Forum Member
    ic wrote: »
    My company has just bought 5000 Playbooks and gave them as Xmas presents to all the employees.Theres a few Ipad users who haven't touched them since opening the Blackberry.

Generous of them!
  • icic Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Generous of them!

It is.Every employee worldwide get a present of the same value but differs from country to country.They even bought the cases too.