Kelly Rowland won't connect with the viewers

13»

Comments

• Charlie ChuckCharlie Chuck Posts: 2,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizagaox wrote: »
    Nah. Kelly dropped him in 2009, and Beyonce dropped him only this year. Years after Freemasons started working with them.

Were they not "estranged" for years?
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Were they not "estranged" for years?

Nope. He's Beyonce's father, and Kelly's uncle.
  • MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    Yeah promotion had something to do with it, but generally, it just feels like the US just aren't feeling Kelly.

Jlo finally got a hit after years of trying with 'On The Floor', but it could all be down to the song. It went to No.1 on iTunes around the world, therefore can't all be down to American Idol. People just loved the song. Maybe Kelly just needs to get the right song or may she isn't meant to be a massive star in the US.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She needs to be more out-there with her personality. Currently people are just indifferent to her. She needs to jump onto a show like Dancing With The Stars or even Idol, if J.Lo calls it quits.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. He's Beyonce's father, and Kelly's uncle.

"uncle"?
  • luvandlifeluvandlife Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kelly is BORING and can't sell records over here.
    Forum Member
    She needs to be more out-there with her personality. Currently people are just indifferent to her. She needs to jump onto a show like Dancing With The Stars or even Idol, if J.Lo calls it quits.

Yeah that would help, I just wouldn't want her to become one of those singers who aren't famous for singing anymore. If she is on this show then hopefully she'll get to perform, seeing as her album should be out around the same time. She should go all out and show people how talented she is. She has the ability.

I'd generally love to see her perform more.
    Forum Member
    luvandlife wrote: »
    Kelly is BORING and can't sell records over here.

Not true. She's had 7 top10's over here, two being a No.1 hits and a No.1 platinum album. She just needs to right songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MikePJB wrote: »
    Yeah that would help, I just wouldn't want her to become one of those singers who aren't famous for singing anymore. If she is on this show then hopefully she'll get to perform, seeing as her album should be out around the same time. She should go all out and show people how talented she is. She has the ability.

I'd generally love to see her perform more.

It's depressing that dance music isn't regarded highly. Kelly has certainly made a personal impact in Europe.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not true. She's had 7 top10's over here, two being a No.1 hits and a No.1 platinum album. She just needs to right songs.

I've got to look that up because she doesn't seem to be popular here but of course I could be wrong. She still puts me to sleep though....:sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got to look that up because she doesn't seem to be popular here but of course I could be wrong. She still puts me to sleep though....:sleep:

How old are you, over 40? If so, of course. It's not what your peers are into.
    Forum Member
    It's depressing that dance music isn't regarded highly. Kelly has certainly made a personal impact in Europe.
    Yeah I agree, seeing as that's the genre she seems to be really good at. I still like her R&B stuff, but the rest of the public seem not to. A killer ballad from her would be great though at some point.
    I can see why some may call her boring, although I don't think she is. I love her personality. She's sweet and bubbly. She never has any personal drama or does things to try and shock people so you never seem to see her in news papers and in the media that much etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I agree, seeing as that's the genre she seems to be really good at. I still like her R&B stuff, but the rest of the public seem not to. A killer ballad from her would be great though at some point.

I can see why some may call her boring, although I don't think she is. I love her personality. She's sweet and bubbly. She never has any personal drama or does things to try and shock people so you never seem to see her in news papers and in the media that much etc.

Mike, I looked on Wikipedia and stand corrected. I see she has had some success here. Thanks for the info.
    Forum Member
    Mike, I looked on Wikipedia and stand corrected. I see she has had some success here. Thanks for the info.

That's ok :). I know her success recently hasn't been mind blowing or anything, but I still think she has more to give. Who knows, maybe she can change your opinion of her at some point :).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's ok :). I know her success recently hasn't been mind blowing or anything, but I still think she has more to give. Who knows, maybe she can change your opinion of her at some point :).

Hopefully because I want to like her but I just haven't been able to get into to her. But sadly, I like the XFactor so I'll see what she has to say because she does seem sweet.:)
  • universetippinguniversetipping Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's too american, remember that odious other member of Destiny's Child on 'Strictly' last year?

What does "too American" mean?

Try not to generalise, I think the majority of people will warm to her.

Katy Perry, Nicole, Natalie Imbruglia did well last year didn't they?
  • bigbro24bigbro24 Posts: 11,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's gonna depend on the acts she choose as to how well she does. If she gets the groups she will disappear into the background. Would be really good for her to get the girls or the Overs imo
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How old are you, over 40? If so, of course. It's not what your peers are into.

Excuse me. I'm 40 and most of my friends are older and most of us are into soul, r&b and dance music.

Over 40 doesn't mean Radio 2, slippers and horlicks
  • SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit of a stupid thing to say she is too American the OP sounds like a rascist fool.

Is nicole S not american too she has done far less then kelly has. Does she sound too american too.

end of the day if she bores you don't watch the show.
  • RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did Sharon Osbourne not connect with the viewers then?
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's too american, remember that odious other member of Destiny's Child on 'Strictly' last year?

I didn't find Michelle "odious" on Strictly at all, so I'm not sure what you mean by that? Until Kelly starts judging on X Factor no one really knows for sure what she's going to be like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,852
    Forum Member
    Tweedy didn't connect with viewers either. Yes, females thought she was pretty and watched for her apparent style, but her comments were common, the crocodile tears got her votes and in the later seasons she became so arrogant and was so stuck up Cowell's backside I'm sure she gets her post delivered there. Miss Rowland and if fact anyone with experience in the industry would be better than her. Kelly seems like a personable girl.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Kelly will be perfect for any category. I mean, I can't see Tulisa getting the Overs o_0
  • Tree-Of-LifeTree-Of-Life Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    masterquan wrote: »
    How was Michelle Williams odious. Do you know the meaning of the word. As you have 6 posts you're probably an attention seeking troll

Baby I was someone on here before I got banned after 1,200+ posts.:p

And yes I am an attention seeker.