The Simon Cowell Appreciation Thread (Part 2)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marianner wrote: »
    He compared it to the Stockholm syndrome. LOL
    He is cool, showing up at Bowers book launch like that. So very very Simon :D

LOL i didn't even know what that was, had to google it, interesting theory :D Of course, they were in on the whole book together to a good extend, but it was still very Simon of him to attend the launch and i think only he could get away with that! He looked ok in a tie for once, but he's dyed his hair too much unfortunately.
    ~Jane~ wrote: »
    The one good thing about the book is that it finally revealed Uncle T AKA Tone AKA the Godfather Of Celebrity's real last name... SCRASE!!!

Haha Tony Scrase has a delightful ring to it don't you think?

Brilliant, seems sooo much more apt for poor old Tone :D
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
  • mariannermarianner Posts: 11,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MICH78 wrote: »
    LOL i didn't even know what that was, had to google it, interesting theory :D Of course, they were in on the whole book together to a good extend, but it was still very Simon of him to attend the launch and i think only he could get away with that! He looked ok in a tie for once, but he's dyed his hair too much unfortunately.

Brilliant, seems sooo much more apt for poor old Tone :D

Well it is a form of kidnapping :p
    I think he did the righ thing. Better to join him and take control of it then to have a complete surprise.
  • DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »

Well you ladies have been busy on twitter today haven't you :D I might have to upgrade my phone and join i feel quite left out :cry::D But i'll keep lurking around here for now :cool:

I quite like the above review, well written and funny. I'm sure we agree on here Simon isn't perfect ;) Bit harsh on his exes tho implying they are airheads : and Phil Green ugly :D Found it quite amusing Simon dosen't like vulgarity lapdancers, :rolleyes: topless models :rolleyes: Alicia Douvall :eek: Oh the irony :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good review, a very fair one i think, considering there is so much junk to sift through in the book. Odd that he said Louis was his best male friend. In the past he has said Mckenna - i guess he's too scared to say that now after all the rumours, in much the same way as he stopped mentioning Ryan as a close friend, but would happily put Randy's name forward instead. Things like that annoy me (probably more than they should!), because i think if he's going to produce an entire book as a kiss & tell, he might as well feel confident enough to name all of his close male friends without fear of how that makes him look.

The fact is that Ryan, Paul, Louis and himself are all alleged to be gay, yet it seems like he has chosen to name Louis as his closest male friend, because there are no relationship rumours attached to them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a good review, a very fair one i think, considering there is so much junk to sift through in the book. Odd that he said Louis was his best male friend. In the past he has said Mckenna - i guess he's too scared to say that now after all the rumours, in much the same way as he stopped mentioning Ryan as a close friend, but would happily put Randy's name forward instead. Things like that annoy me (probably more than they should!), because i think if he's going to produce an entire book as a kiss & tell, he might as well feel confident enough to name all of his close male friends without fear of how that makes him look.

The fact is that Ryan, Paul, Louis and himself are all alleged to be gay, yet it seems like he has chosen to name Louis as his closest male friend, because there are no relationship rumours attached to them.

Good post, i agree 100% :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have read Tom Bowers book now and it was just as I thought it wold be - a novel.
    It gives an excellent insight to the world of showbiz and follows Simons career from start to now.
    A large part of it is about X Factor and it's interesting to see it upfront like that.

I recommend it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, but there are proabably better works of FICTION out there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jujubee wrote: »
    Thanks, but there are proabably better works of FICTION out there.

Simon co-wrote it so it's not fiction, and if you dared to read it ;) you'll see that Tom Bower has really captured Simon.

Very detailed about things that have been written i n the press, like the whole USXF drama. A lot of conversations that took place.
    V interesting IMO
  • Mrs BBVMrs BBV Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have succumbed to the pressure and ordered from Amazon today. I like Tom Bower's other stuff.....Fayed was brilliant so I'll probably enjoy it even if it's about SC. :D
  • user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or it could be just that Louis is his best male friend! :p:D
  • FlickJFlickJ Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    I have read Tom Bowers book now and it was just as I thought it wold be - a novel.
    It gives an excellent insight to the world of showbiz and follows Simons career from start to now.
    A large part of it is about X Factor and it's interesting to see it upfront like that.

I recommend it :)

Thanks Marianner, I have been debating whether or not to buy the book. one question though, is there actually much worth reading in it that we don't know about already ? Given what we have heard a million times already (the label going bust, simon back with parents, the black loo roll for example) plus all the stuff in the papers the past couple of weeks what is actually left that is new ?? I was debating holding out for the paperback version, which allegedly will be updated with an extra chapter or two (I think mostly about SC's reaction to the book launch) but doubt i will be able to - i get impatient lol xx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FlickJ wrote: »
    Thanks Marianner, I have been debating whether or not to buy the book. one question though, is there actually much worth reading in it that we don't know about already ? Given what we have heard a million times already (the label going bust, simon back with parents, the black loo roll for example) plus all the stuff in the papers the past couple of weeks what is actually left that is new ?? I was debating holding out for the paperback version, which allegedly will be updated with an extra chapter or two (I think mostly about SC's reaction to the book launch) but doubt i will be able to - i get impatient lol xx

As I mentioned above it's written like a novel. Very easy reading but very detailed with lots of facts. I guess it depends on how much you follow whats written about him and his shows in the press but there are some very interesting facts about the biz and a real insight to his life and profile.
    I think it was very fresh and bold of Bower to include the business talks at a very high level.

There's also a quite detailed small story about his new project with Jada Pinkett Smith.

I don''t want to say too much here for not to spoil it for those who wants to read it. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs BBV wrote: »
    Have succumbed to the pressure and ordered from Amazon today. I like Tom Bower's other stuff.....Fayed was brilliant so I'll probably enjoy it even if it's about SC. :D

I think some parts have to be taken with a pinch of salt but i am sure you aware of that Mrs BBV ;)
    [
    QUOTE=mary patricia;57959684]Or it could be just that Louis is his best male friend! :p:D[/QUOTE]

:eek: :D

Lovely piece. Always admired him for staying over here and paying the higher rate tax ( more than can be said for his friend Sir Phil :rolleyes:) Robson obviously see's the Simon those of us in the appreciation thread do but sadly others don't. Only makes that book more bloody annoying IMO. :mad: There is nothing wrong with the real Simon :(
    Forum Member
    For those who are not subscribed to Popbitch, here's today's latest installment on Mr Cowell:

I think PB does have quite a lot of info which I believe over the red tops take on things but Jordan and Rebecca Loos :eek: :D

>> Mad Max <<
    Publicist woes

It hasn't been a great couple of weeks
    for aging media manipulators. A powerful
    man enduring the kind of headlines he
    never thought would see the light of day
    and behind the scenes is boiling
    over with rage - you have to feel sorry
    for Max Clifford. After cleverly
    managing Simon Cowell's public profile
    for a decade, he's seen his client
    collaborate to present himself,
    via Tom Bower's book, as a sleazy diva
    with a penchant for pies and younger
    women, rather than the settled, serious
    and about-to-get-married media mogul
    of a year ago.

One story goes that Clifford has been
    sending angry texts to Cowell about it.
    He should relax a bit though, Cowell
    didn't spill all the beans. Even he
    has standards about what he will
    and won't talk about. For example,
    there wasn't anything about any
    long-rumoured escapades with Jordan
    or pig-fiddler Rebecca Loos,
    was there?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FlickJ wrote: »
    For those who are not subscribed to Popbitch, here's today's latest installment on Mr Cowell:

I think PB does have quite a lot of info which I believe over the red tops take on things but Jordan and Rebecca Loos :eek: :D

>> Mad Max <<
    Publicist woes

It hasn't been a great couple of weeks
    for aging media manipulators. A powerful
    man enduring the kind of headlines he
    never thought would see the light of day
    and behind the scenes is boiling
    over with rage - you have to feel sorry
    for Max Clifford. After cleverly
    managing Simon Cowell's public profile
    for a decade, he's seen his client
    collaborate to present himself,
    via Tom Bower's book, as a sleazy diva
    with a penchant for pies and younger
    women, rather than the settled, serious
    and about-to-get-married media mogul
    of a year ago.

One story goes that Clifford has been
    sending angry texts to Cowell about it.
    He should relax a bit though, Cowell
    didn't spill all the beans. Even he
    has standards about what he will
    and won't talk about. For example,
    there wasn't anything about any
    long-rumoured escapades with Jordan
    or pig-fiddler Rebecca Loos,
    was there?

Ha Ha, yes those two classy names have cropped up in the past :rolleyes: . Maybe they are in the next book :D From the comments i've seen from loyal fans who have read it on both this an another forum there are an awful lot of inacuracies to put it politely ;)
    Forum Member
    DE53 wrote: »
    Ha Ha, yes those two classy names have cropped up in the past :rolleyes: . Maybe they are in the next book :D From the comments i've seen from loyal fans who have read it on both this an another forum there are an awful lot of inacuracies to put it politely ;)

loves it - yes they must have been held back for the next book DE53 :D I have heard Jordan / Katie (whatever she goes by these days) say that Simon is her ideal man in the past but i'm sure had anything ever happened between them she would have told the world and his wife about it. Peter Andre is always banging on about how he will never say the reason why he left her ( does' nt want the kids to read about it when they are older - being such a great dad and all :p ) maybe we are all missing the possibility that SC was involved and its the powers that be (Maxy boy i'm talking bout you !) that stop him spilling the beans ........ haha. That Rebecca Loos is such a classy bird I'm sure she would never tell !!! Perhaps cousin Piers introduced them ........ x
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Sexy Si is straight after all. I knew it :D:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Sexy Si is straight after all. I knew it :D:p

That book is a prime example for "Don't believe what you read"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Changing the subject but still about Simon, he seems to be himself again. Last year he just didn't seem to have the same confidence and made some really bad decisions. But this year he came out fighting with BGT and he has won. He must be so thrilled that they beat The Voice by 2 million viewers this weekend.

Hopefully, he will be able to continue with UK and USXF and if the rumours are true it sounds very good.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kakieanne wrote: »
    Changing the subject but still about Simon, he seems to be himself again. Last year he just didn't seem to have the same confidence and made some really bad decisions. But this year he came out fighting with BGT and he has won. He must be so thrilled that they beat The Voice by 2 million viewers this weekend.

Hopefully, he will be able to continue with UK and USXF and if the rumours are true it sounds very good.

Yes, he seems to be much happier since he offloaded the fiance ;)
    After last night's little dig about the voice i'm sure he is delighted. Personally i still think there is room for both and i still watch both. Although i am not keen on the voices sunday show, they should get rid of that and make a few other tweeks for next season :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He looked hot last night I thought. Loved his suit and he always makes me laugh when he questions the performances :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying the shows this week. The panel are brilliant, so relaxed with each other and i think Alesha is coming across well (i expected David to steal the show, but she has held her own).

Wish Simon would ditch the tie tonight. I don't mind it occasionally, but he always looks like he's choking in it! There was some strange talk on Twitter that he had a problem with his neck, can't say i noticed anything though. I hope he hasn't had another botch job on the cosmetic work.

Hope he does BGMT tonight too. I understand he sometimes needs to take urgent calls etc, but the public are quite annoyed that he's missed two in a row - it is still work after all and he should really spare 5 mins at least. I know he's exec producer, but i don't like the image he gives off sometimes that he's "lording it" over everyone else.

On a side note, sorry to hear that Shu Greene has left Syco for ITV Studios. There is no doubt that Si will be hugely put out by that move and it's quite obvious that ITV are trying to become less reliant on Simon. He needs to stop faffing about with ridiculous, time consuming PR - ie THAT BOOK! - and start concentrating on producing some interesting new ideas (NOT the DJ show!) as Shu is going to be a huge loss.

Not wishing to be too harsh on the AT, as BGT is crushing The Voice in the ratings, i just hope Simon keeps himself and his shows on track for the next couple of years.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying the shows this week. The panel are brilliant, so relaxed with each other and i think Alesha is coming across well (i expected David to steal the show, but she has held her own).

Wish Simon would ditch the tie tonight. I don't mind it occasionally, but he always looks like he's choking in it! There was some strange talk on Twitter that he had a problem with his neck, can't say i noticed anything though. I hope he hasn't had another botch job on the cosmetic work.
    Hope he does BGMT tonight too. I understand he sometimes needs to take urgent calls etc, but the public are quite annoyed that he's missed two in a row - it is still work after all and he should really spare 5 mins at least. I know he's exec producer, but i don't like the image he gives off sometimes that he's "lording it" over everyone else.

On a side note, sorry to hear that Shu Greene has left Syco for ITV Studios. There is no doubt that Si will be hugely put out by that move and it's quite obvious that ITV are trying to become less reliant on Simon. He needs to stop faffing about with ridiculous, time consuming PR - ie THAT BOOK! - and start concentrating on producing some interesting new ideas (NOT the DJ show!) as Shu is going to be a huge loss.

Not wishing to be too harsh on the AT, as BGT is crushing The Voice in the ratings, i just hope Simon keeps himself and his shows on track for the next couple of years.

I missed Saturday :o but watched both Sunday and Monday, actually preferred Sunday's acts though :) The panel is good but their is palpable tension there with Simon this last couple of shows he certainly dosen't seem as happy as he did at the auditions.

I think there is possibly a problem with his throat/neck area. Last night it looked as though if he a stiff neck or his collar was too tight :p. The pics we have seen of him recently sporting a lot of facial hair seem to be hiding a swelling under his chin ( maybe that's why he was unshaven :confused:) There was also a pic of him last week wearing a scarf around his neck which is unusual for him especially this time of year :rolleyes: Anyway lets hope it's nothing more serious than a bit of botched lipo ;)

Being the cynical person i am i thought missing the extra show was probably just a way of avoiding any phone in questions about his 11 times a night with Alicia Douvall :D I'm guessing there is other stuff going on we don't know about hence the slight grumpiness

I didn't know about Shu Greene, that's a bit of a blow, and i'm surprised at her doing that actually :(