Options

Celebrities you've misjudged

Pea1Pea1 Posts: 383
Forum Member
I always thought Will.i.am was a bit up his own a***, but having watched him recently on Graham Norton I completely misjudged him and thought he actually seems quite a nice genuine guy.
Is there anyone you've misjudged?

Comments

• Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    Pea1 wrote: »
    I always thought Will.i.am was a bit up his own a***, but having watched him recently on Graham Norton I completely misjudged him and thought he actually seems quite a nice genuine guy.

50 Cent having watched him being interviewed by...Graham Norton! Maybe Graham has the interviewer power to sway peoples views? :)
  • Options
    HollyCHollyC Posts: 5,850
    Forum Member

I'm with you re: Will.i.am. I also thought he was up his own a***. I saw him interviewed on Top Gear and Jezza mentioned about all the charity work Will does, I respected him for that. I absolutely loved him on The Voice - genuine, really funny and doesn't take himself too seriously.

I saw him on Graham Norton and nearly wet myself laughing :o
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I always disliked Martine McCutcheon (mostly for those dreadful yogurt ads), but I met her in real life and she was utterly charming.

The cow!
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    At one time I couldn't stand Myleene Klass but after watching her on Im a celebrity get me out of here I changed my mind.

She seemed a genuine nice natured girl...and I warmed to her.

I didn't like Mark Wright at one time either, I thought he was a right plonker :D.. but after also watching him on IACGMOOH I warmed to him as well. He actually seems like a very nice guy...he comes across a bit dim I must say...but he seems to be a nice natured guy.:)
  • Options
    potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member

Exactly that.. I thought he would come across stuck up but he was the person I warmed to the most on that show..
    So many people are saying how they were surprised by how nice he was.
  • Options
    Nicola32Nicola32 Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    potatolegs wrote: »
    Exactly that.. I thought he would come across stuck up but he was the person I warmed to the most on that show..
    So many people are saying how they were surprised by how nice he was.

Yes, I didn't think much of him before...but after watching him on The Voice and Graham Norton's show I really like him now.:)
  • Options
    RhiBiRhiBi Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Russell Brand, I used to think he was totally obnoxious. Having seen a few interviews, I think he is a highly intelligent, caring man. Totally off the wall and bizarre, but not obnoxious like I once thought!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Not sure whether to call Mitch Winehouse a celebrity, though he is well known, but I cried when I heard his interview earlier with Richard Bacon. My opinion has certainly changed.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    I went off Russell a bit after his Graham Norton appearance, seemed a bit up his own ass but I am not sure if he just had no desire to be there & had to for promotion reasons
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RhiBi wrote: »
    Russell Brand, I used to think he was totally obnoxious. Having seen a few interviews, I think he is a highly intelligent, caring man. Totally off the wall and bizarre, but not obnoxious like I once thought!

Yes I would agree with you - I had a rather dim view of him before especially after Sachsgate....but have seen him in a different light recently especially after his appearance before the select committee - so I now rather like him these days.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 332
    Forum Member
    I always though Katy Hill was a ****, but she's alright. Give her a break everybody.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Les Dennis was a nice guy until friends appeared on his show and related just how arrogant and ignorant he is. Can't stand him now,
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katie Price/Jordan, in real life, when you get rid of the BS.

On I'm A Celeb that year I really warmed to her. She tackled everything thrown at her and I felt that was the real person behind all the bullcaka. She just mucked in and did it with little complaint and came across as quite an alpha, among males and females, without being nasty or vicious.

Mark Wright too. How the hell he gets these gigs I do not know apart from that his face and body sells but he does seem a genuinely warm, loving guy with much loyalty to friends and family. It's kinda difficult to say a bad word about him apart from that he just seems to have overrun my tv with reality shows! Still, it could be worse...
  • Options
    sunstonesunstone Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patsy Kensit.I on;y really knew her for her pop career and serial marriages and thought she was quite up herself until she wa on Strictly.She came over as a lovely person on the show.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another vote for Will.i.am. I think he's really sweet, a little geeky, has a great sense of humour but passionate about what he does and his charity work. I cannot STAND his music though :D
  • Options
    RetrospectiveRetrospective Posts: 3,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2169952/Harper-Seven-Beckham-A-year-life-youngest-poutiest-fashionista.html

I saw this link the other day for Harper turning one this week and though I am no big fan of Victoria's I have to say her wee girl is a credit to her. I love the wee dresses that vicky dresses Harper in. But harper has the most cutest pout.
    Not a celeb but as much as I loved Princess Diana, Camilla has grown a lot on me as I never used to be able to stand her.
  • Options
    bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gerard Butler. Never used to like him, but changed my mind after hearing a few lovely stories about him.
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Anthea Turner. I used to think she was an idiot but she seemed lovely when she was on CBB a few years ago.
  • Options
    SarahJamSarahJam Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw the title of this thread and immediately thought Will.I.Am!

He seems quite nice and does sooo much for charity, it's hard not to like him.
  • Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bruce Jones ( Les Battersby) I went to a Simply Red concert with work ( support officer to adults with severe learning and behavioural problems) ,one of the ladies had violent outbursts so we sat in a secure area which just happened to be infront of the Coronation Street cast. Bruce came out introduced himself to us all and bought us a drink.he then sat with us through out the whole concert. A lovely man
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Raiven14 wrote: »
    I always though Katy Hill was a ****, but she's alright. Give her a break everybody.

lmao you make it sound like she's being hounded by the paps every day. I had to google her :o
  • Options
    intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member
    lmao you make it sound like she's being hounded by the paps every day. I had to google her :o

I thought the poster was being sarcastic!? :confused:
  • Options
    WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the poster was being sarcastic!? :confused:

Maybe they were, in which case it went right over my head (which isn't hard). Random if they were though.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ann Widecombe, I used to think she was a bit pompous and ignorant but she came across as a really lovely person on Strictly.
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard Madeley. He has a reputation for putting his foot in it but I really enjoy listening to his radio shows and hearing what he has to say.