The Beckhams haven't been photographed together for ages.

Comments

• Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is wrong with a son wanting to spend time with his mother, and being interested in her work? And if he is interested in fashion/modeling/clothes as career or even just a hobby, what is wrong with that?

I'm really getting weirded out here. Things that VB should get praise for, like educating her kids, spending time with them, the kids actually wanting to spend time with her are used against her.

Exactly.
    Perhaps if he was a 35-year old man who still spent all his time with his Mum, then some people may be entitled to find it a bit unusual, but he's a little boy:confused:
    What really makes me :mad: are all the sly digs about him "being into fashion" and "wanting to follow in VB's footsteps"
    I can honestly say that I'm not a fan of VB and I thought the Spice Girls were loathsome, but the vitriolic bile directed towards Victoria just seems to me to be completely unjustified and undeserved.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,193
    Forum Member
    Exactly.
    Perhaps if he was a 35-year old man who still spent all his time with his Mum, then some people may be entitled to find it a bit unusual, but he's a little boy:confused:
    What really makes me :mad: are all the sly digs about him "being into fashion" and "wanting to follow in VB's footsteps"
    I can honestly say that I'm not a fan of VB and I thought the Spice Girls were loathsome, but the vitriolic bile directed towards Victoria just seems to me to be completely unjustified and undeserved.

:( Me too. I Completely agree. If people wanna be trolls and say he's gay then have the guts to say it. Like David & Victoria would even care. They are a lot of things. Bad parents is not one of them.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those sly digs are to get us to discuss his sexuality I believe.. Which is frankly disgusting..he is a little boy and it's none of anyone's business ..
    I'm not a fan of VB but I do think she is a good mother and by taking her kids to the louvre etc she is showing them the arts etc which is never a bad thing.. And if she is a bad mother ..then so am I because I've taken my children to many museums and art galleries ..
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Exactly.

It's so odd and grubby almost, trying to generate speculation about a 10yr old kid's sexuality. :confused: Reeks of prurience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe wanting to educate your children by taking them to arguably the most famous gallery int he world is a bad thing. Would you rather VB raised her children to be thick as pig sh*t?

I loved the Louvre as a child, I loved many museums my parents took me to, I will so the same when I have my own sproglets.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    It's so odd and grubby almost, trying to generate speculation about a 10yr old kid's sexuality. :confused: Reeks of prurience.

I'm not sure what I find more absurd. Speculating on a child's sexuality, or the idea that going to a fashion show automatically makes a child gay. :confused:
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,193
    Forum Member
    I can't believe wanting to educate your children by taking them to arguably the most famous gallery int he world is a bad thing. Would you rather VB raised her children to be thick as pig sh*t?

I loved the Louvre as a child, I loved many museums my parents took me to, I will so the same when I have my own sproglets.

Some people just go into a rage when it comes to VB. What you said makes perfect sense. Haters will just spin it anyway they can though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh it reeks of something alright.
    Although prurience is a lot kinder word than I would have used.
  • Willow33Willow33 Posts: 2,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did somebody say the child was gay? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »
    Some people just go into a rage when it comes to VB. What you said makes perfect sense. Haters will just spin it anyway they can though.

Brand Beckham has always made me feel rather ill, especially the media acting as if David is the second coming, one thing I wouldn't fault however is their parenting. From what I have heard they are quite well rounded and polite. It seems unfair to hate on them simply because you don't like their mum.
  • pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    Does anyone really give a f**k? Haven't seen the Queen and Phil the Greek snapped together for a while either. Maybe their busy.
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willow33 wrote: »

No of course they didn't. The trolls wouldn't dare actually say that about an 8 year old child, however it was heavily implied.
    I swear this forum at times is a disgrace. I am by no means a huge fan of the Beckham's nor am I a hater as they don't affect my life however, no-one in their right mind can say they are bad parents. There are some pure nut jobs on here who I wouldn't let raise a hamster.
  • Saltydog1955Saltydog1955 Posts: 4,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No Willow.
    I happened to say that in my opinion, Romeo's a bit of a mummy's boy, I had no intention of talking about his sexuality.

That's being used as a strawman argument by certain people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisiesfan wrote: »
    No of course they didn't. The trolls wouldn't dare actually say that about an 8 year old child, however it was heavily implied.
    I swear this forum at times is a disgrace. I am by no means a huge fan of the Beckham's nor am I a hater as they don't affect my life however, no-one in their right mind can say they are bad parents. There are some pure nut jobs on here who I wouldn't let raise a hamster.

Can't say I noticed any posts implying it. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't say I noticed any posts implying it. :confused:

That's because there wasn't. :)
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No Willow.
    I happened to say that in my opinion, Romeo's a bit of a mummy's boy, I had no intention of talking about his sexuality.

Rather disengenuous response, that. You did say on another thread you wouldn't be surprised if Romeo turned out gay. Your ref above to him being a 'mummy's boy' and wondering if he'll follow in her fashion footsteps is really just you continuing to hint at that.

As I said, reeks of prurience.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rather disengenuous response, that. You did say on another thread you wouldn't be surprised if Romeo turned out gay. Your ref above to him being a 'mummy's boy' and wondering if he'll follow in her fashion footsteps is really just you continuing to hint at that.

As I said, reeks of prurience.

Mummy's boy and following in her footsteps makes him gay then??
    Jeez, you can't say much around here. Droolers was picked on the other day too :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez, you can't say much around here. Droolers was picked on the other day too :rolleyes:

Yes, it's amazing how offended people get isn't it? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's amazing how offended people get isn't it? :D

Absolutely!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No Willow.

What makes you think a CHILD is a Mummy's boy?
    What else should he be at his age?
    If he wasn't spending time with his Mum, certain people would be complaining about what a dreadful woman she was for not spending time with her son.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What makes you think a CHILD is a Mummy's boy?
    What else should he be at his age?
    If he wasn't spending time with his Mum, certain people would be complaining about what a dreadful woman she was for not spending time with her son.

I had a friend who told me I'd make my son gay because I hugged him a lot ... He was serious as well ...
  • di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    What is wrong with a son wanting to spend time with his mother, and being interested in her work? And if he is interested in fashion/modeling/clothes as career or even just a hobby, what is wrong with that?

I'm really getting weirded out here. Things that VB should get praise for, like educating her kids, spending time with them, the kids actually wanting to spend time with her are used against her.

why should she gets "praise" for doing what a large majority of mothers are doing day in, day out?!... that's what grates on me - the way they promote their good parenting.... it's obviously working tho :rolleyes: the brand is coining it in with the family image
  • daisiesfandaisiesfan Posts: 2,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    di60 wrote: »
    why should she gets "praise" for doing what a large majority of mothers are doing day in, day out?!... that's what grates on me - the way they promote their good parenting.... it's obviously working tho :rolleyes: the brand is coining it in with the family image

No-one's saying she should be praised for it. Most reasonable people are saying she shouldn't be criticised for being a good mum.:rolleyes: You people just don't get it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    di60 wrote: »

I agree with you ..I believe all mothers should be praised for the hard work they put in raising good citazens of the future ..

P.S. and all the amazing daddies too ;)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Would that be the word 'droolers' which can be used as an offensive term towards those with learning difficulties? Anyway, the person who used the term said they didn't realise that it could be used in that context and so would be careful not to use it again. If they accept it can be offensive and are ok with not using the term again then not sure why you're offended on their behalf and rolling your eyes?