Options

Robin Thicke

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see Robin getting another hit with Give It To Me and Take It Easy On Me, however I don't see either of these being as big as Blurred Lines. Overall the album sounds really good, and it will be interesting to see how this album performs as Blurred Lines has given Robin massive exposure internationally.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I hadn't heard of him until that Blurred Lines song came out. I don't really like that song, but I haven't heard anything else of his.
  • Options
    SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    i like it i thought he was going to go into teh dance direction i don't know why..

i like ooh la la..

iv'e never bought an album from him just singles, might just change
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Take It On Me Sounds Timbalandy... i wonder if he was involved in producing this track.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh his album is out on the 15th of july :eek:

i won't buy it when it comes out, but i'll wait a bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    First 7 songs are good the last 3 are ok
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Streaming his Album Sex Therapy... such a sexy album
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Robin Thicke. All of his albums have been good. Nice to have some decent music out there...unlike 1D, The Wanted, Olly Murs. And the video is silly but I dont watch videos that much I just like the music.
  • Options
    riannerianne Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zeze88 wrote: »
    I love Robin Thicke. His albums Love After War (my favorite so far), Something Else and The Evolution of Robin Thicke are great. Like I said in the other thread, it actually makes me sad he finally got recognition with the song like Blurred Lines because he has had far better songs like Dreamworld, Lost Without You, Pretty Lil' Heart.

I also don't find the video offensive, I don't understand why all the fuss. And I can't believe Youtube actually banned the naked version - tv fine, but Youtube? I haven't got the chance to see that version, but I doubt it was offensive. It just featured pretty naked women, what is so offensive about that?

Agreed. I have loved his music since he first released 'When I get you alone''. He has written/co-written some amazing songs (Dreamworld, Beautiful World, Stupid Things, 2 the Sky, All Tied Up, I Don't know how it feels to be you.... I could go on!)

Blurred Lines is definitely not a representation of his back catalogue and does not represent who he is as an artist for those who are new to his music.

I am hoping all this hype will die down, but I don't think it will happen. I want his music all to myself!:p
  • Options
    Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love after War was a good one
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Blurred lines is the most overrated song of this Its boring and built all on hype.
  • Options
    Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    On the subject of Blurred Lines I heard a remix or slightly different version yesterday it was the same tempo just seemed to have a lot more brass in it, do any fans know what it's called?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Robin Thicke on his first UK number 1 album. :D(Though I do wish it had happened earlier on in his career)

I am waiting until the USA version comes out because it has more songs on it. ;)
  • Options
    umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A number one album for Robin Thicke... goes to show what one mega selling song can do for you.
  • Options
    RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He should call his album Batman Smart.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    he's been on the r'n'b scene for a good ten years...singing and songwriting...for other artists too... his last album gained critical acclaim - love and war - rather than radio success as previous albums/singles... so this huge single has been a very welcome and surprising addition. It is deserved. He has a strong smooth upper register, with a gentle falsetto.

unlike, many worth songwriter - singers - sometimes backing vocalists who have gone unnoticed ..... he has risen to a star status.... ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His dad is one of the most powerful men in modern media. His success was assured from the start.

I think he gets top class production but lyrically he can be disappointing. His voice is good but not exceptional.

He just seems like a slightly classier and richer Justin Timberlake with more pull to get top producers to me.

I do like "Sex Therapy" and "Wanna Love You Girl" is a good song for a barbecue party.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I really liked Lost Without U but that was about 6 years ago. I never really bothered looking into any of his other music though until Blurred Lines came out. I just assumed that LWU be all we would ever hear from him in the UK.

I like it when long forgotten acts come back with something huge. The same happened with Robyn back in 2007.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His dad is one of the most powerful men in modern media. His success was assured from the start.

I think he gets top class production but lyrically he can be disappointing. His voice is good but not exceptional.

He just seems like a slightly classier and richer Justin Timberlake with more pull to get top producers to me.

I do like "Sex Therapy" and "Wanna Love You Girl" is a good song for a barbecue party.

Surely if his success was assured from the start, why has it taken him so long to get a number 1?
  • Options
    RocketpopRocketpop Posts: 1,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's been on the r'n'b scene for a good ten years...singing and songwriting...for other artists too... his last album gained critical acclaim - love and war - rather than radio success as previous albums/singles... so this huge single has been a very welcome and surprising addition. It is deserved. He has a strong smooth upper register, with a gentle falsetto.

unlike, many worth songwriter - singers - sometimes backing vocalists who have gone unnoticed ..... he has risen to a star status.... ...

64 on Metacritic is not even close to Critical Acclaim...
  • Options
    BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I heard he's trying to get Obama to appear in his next music vid & he's reportedly considering it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    I heard he's trying to get Obama to appear in his next music vid & he's reportedly considering it

i wonder what song it will be :eek:...

i hope he does :D