Options

Liverpool Supporters Thread (Part 20)

Comments

• Options
    taurus_67taurus_67 Posts: 6,955
    Forum Member
    TheMunch wrote: »
    I expect Markovic will be rotated with Sterling unless Sterling gets moved to the centre behind Sturridge. But then he shouldn't since Coutinho should go there.

Edit: Should note that even though Coutinho should be more central with Sterling out wide cutting inside, I'm aware that they won't have much in the way of positions. They'll just start there but interchange throughout the game.

If we keep signing wingers the only game Coutinho will get will be at CM...

or LB :p .
  • Options
    Assa2Assa2 Posts: 10,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have the best memory when it comes to specific games but I don't remember Coutinho having a stellar game in the central position last season. I could be, and probably am, wrong.
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was very good against Arsenal playing on the flank of the diamond in the 5-1

That through ball to Sturridge - minty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KQo5nBhIwY
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes 3 mins
    As reported in the Spanish media today, Liverpool are in for Atletico Madrid's Javier Manquillo. Hoping to get him on a season long loan.

If he comes in, Kelly on the way out?

You have to love Twitter
    Andy heaton @Andrew_Heaton
    Just had a call off @TonyEvansTimes, sworn me to secrecy like, but if it comes off, O M F G
  • Options
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »

You have to love Twitter

Possibly. I think Kelly's time is very close to being up with us. I would rate Flanno and even Ward as head of him in usefulness to the squad.

Or could it be Johnson that is edged closer to an exit? I believe he's entering the last year of his deal now, and of course he's one of our major wage commitments at the moment. It wouldn't surprise me to see him moved on, especially if we could get an offer of a few £m's for him.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    I thought we might let Johnson go this summer seeing as we've not managed to agree a new contract with him, but I guess the 90k a week wages would be too high for any potential suitors. Perhaps we'll just let him leave for free next summer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    L'Equipe now saying Real Madrid and PSG have reached an agreement for Di Maria.
  • Options
    ShadoutShadout Posts: 1,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    L'Equipe now saying Real Madrid and PSG have reached an agreement for Di Maria.

How on Earth are PSG anywhere even close to the FFP limits?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shadout wrote: »
    How on Earth are PSG anywhere even close to the FFP limits?

I suppose they are going to off load Lavezzi to Chelsea, he is just about the right age!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cavani but not sure who will take him.

His goal scoring record is awesome.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You have to love Twitter[
    Andy heaton @Andrew_Heaton
    Just had a call off @TonyEvansTimes, sworn me to secrecy like, but if it comes off, O M F G

That was on the 17th I think, I'd love to know if he was just pulling our plonkers. Probably :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Di Maria has def gone to PSG as PSG are already selling the shirt in the club shop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Liverpool back for Bertrand, Seville are being difficult again - or to be accurate they just don't need to compromise on price!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Line up for the Roma game (KO 00:30 for us insomniacs):

Jones, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Coutinho, Borini, Lambert, Ibe

Subs: Ward, Agger, Henderson, Can, Suso, Coady, Phillips, Robinson, Peterson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mike65 wrote: »
    Liverpool back for Bertrand, Seville are being difficult again - or to be accurate they just don't need to compromise on price!

Of all the options we've been linked with, for me, he has to be the worst. I hope Enrique has a blinding pre-season!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Line up for the Roma game (KO 00:30 for us insomniacs):

Jones, Kelly, Skrtel, Coates, Enrique, Lucas, Allen, Coutinho, Borini, Lambert, Ibe

Subs: Ward, Agger, Henderson, Can, Suso, Coady, Phillips, Robinson, Peterson

Skippered by Skrtel. And a good possibility that none from that 11 will start against Southampton next month.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Suso, Coady, Phillips, Robinson, Peterson

Expect these plus Ibe to be the ones who look best, the Academy reunited!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Borini's off already with a shoulder injury. Looks to be precautionary. Can replaces him. :)
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Parthenon wrote: »
    Borini's off already with a shoulder injury. Looks to be precautionary. Can replaces him. :)

Trying to avoid getting sold. :p

Can Can get through this game injury-free?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Although we havent been such of a attacking threat so far, ive been impressed with our pressing and some of our defensive work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    0-0 at HT. Roma definitely look like a side that only conceded 25 in Serie A last season. Very organised. The game is moving at a snail's pace and neither side has really had a clear cut chance. Roma look slightly more intense as they're going wholeheartedly into tackles and pressing harder. Ibe's had 1 or 2 bright moments.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    Hendo's on, with 15 minutes to go.
  • Options
    GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agger OG right at the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    That's a shame. Some more flaky defending from a corner leads to an Agger/Phillips OG (it came off Agger first but couldn't tell if it touched Phillips on the way in) in the 90th minute, and it decides the game. 1-0 Roma.

Have to say we looked better in the 2nd half and created more than Roma did. Coutinho and Can were exciting. Lambert fluffed a great chance but did okay overall. Kelly deserves a mention for a strong performance at right back.

Next up: we kick off in the International Champions Cup against Olympiakos at midnight on Sunday. All 3 of our games in the competition will be shown on Sky Sports (4 if we reach the final).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Rubbish goal to concede at the end. Emre Can played well, also Coutinho and Lucas.
    Nothing to worry about tho, good to get back in to the swing of things and get fitness.
    Roll on Olympiakos
This discussion has been closed.