Good Morning Britain - ITV

Comments

• JeffmisterJeffmister Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Breakfast coverage from Glasgow begins today at 6, I wonder if ITV ever considered bringing GMB here for the games, if not because it could show how they aren't focussed on London - not saying they are - because it is GMBritain but, to hear the voiceover man "Live from Glasgow for the Commonwealth Games. This, is Good Morning Britain!"

Can I just say I actually like Susanna Reid and I prefer her on GMB to Breakfast. I hardly watch Breakfast and tend to stick with ITV but I think she is nice. I actually think it is quite a shame when Breakfast gets the ratings because with GMB I really believe ITV have tried and when people call the show full of "fluff" it annoys me. I was watching last week when they were presenting from South Bank and thought it was brilliant they were enjoying the sun like most of us were planing to do that day, explaining sun creams - why it's important - yet, still telling you about the big stories such as the Gaza ceasefire with Kate in the studio.

I had actually switched to Breakfast at the break and turned back to watch the ads as I didn't get the same vibe. They remained, as they always do, in the in my opinion dull set discussing unemployment figures but really bleakly and in a way I though "they could do this in such a manner I'm not falling back asleep to".

In a way, I hope people are sick of Breakfast from Glasgow after being bombarded with the mass coverage of sport on the BBC, switch to GMB, discover how good the show is and stick with it.
    With all due respect, your past few posts have sounded less like someone giving a genuine opinion on their preferred show & more like an advertisement/promo for GMB...
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeffmister wrote: »
    With all due respect, your past few posts have sounded less like someone giving a genuine opinion on their preferred show & more like an advertisement/promo for GMB...

Much like the GMB twitter account.
  • JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stv viewer wrote: »
    It is a serious subject as we have an anti-sun cream culture in Britain.

Also everyday 7 people die of skin cancer.
    Found info here http://www.ittakesseven.org.uk/skin-cancer-facts

Even if that's true, everyone knows they should use it.

I'm surprised they didn't have Susanna slathering it all over her legs.
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »

Fingers crossed that happens in the future. :)

THIS IS A JOKE. I AM NOT BEING CREEPY.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    It is a serious subject as we have an anti-sun cream culture in Britain.

Also everyday 7 people die of skin cancer.
    Found info here http://www.ittakesseven.org.uk/skin-cancer-facts

I have a FB friend who lays in the sun all day using cooking oil as a protection. Thick as shite because it will never happen to her >:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    I have flicked on to this show a couple of times and thought that SR inane facial expression was just coincidence. Nope seems like it is a set expression :o

For the love of God why ???

The start of this link proves my point

http://www.itv.com/goodmorningbritain/lack-of-childcare-in-the-summer-holidays

Not a good look at all.

She just looks stupid, not great for a TV presenter, can you image say the Queen has died and she talking about her life pulling the silly faces.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    myscimitar wrote: »
    She just looks stupid, not great for a TV presenter, can you image say the Queen has died and she talking about her life pulling the silly faces.

:o

With a bit of luck she will off our screens by then.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Even if that's true, everyone knows they should use it.

It would make her tights messy and she'd have to take them off and either go bare legged, change them for another pair, or go for hold up stockings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Jeffmister wrote: »

With all due respect, if my opinion comes across as a promotion for the show it highlighs how much I like it.

At the end of the day, there are two types of people: those who don't mind the bombarding of numbers at 5 past 6 and others who associate with GMB because it associates with them.

And for the record, yes suncream is important stv viewer backed this claim up lovely.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member

And for the record, yes suncream is important stv viewer backed this claim up lovely.

Really?:o

Congratulations on totally missing the point.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....... and others who associate with GMB because it associates with them

That has to win an award for the best bit of marketing-speak in a non-professional capacity this year. ;)
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    That has to win an award for the best bit of marketing-speak in a non-professional capacity this year. ;)

I'll take that as a compliment
    Forum Member
    jake lyle wrote: »
    Really?:o

Congratulations on totally missing the point.

Please explain how I missed your point? You asked if I was "taking the piss" by highlighting that GMB told us why suncream was important to which I said yes it is.In actual fact I learned quite recently that a growing number of people aren't putting it on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In actual fact I learned quite recently that a growing number of people aren't putting it on.

This is true.

I understand both your views. Personally I enjoy watching GMB but I think changes need to be made.

1. 2 Hosts Mon-Wed Susanna Reid and Ben Shephard
    Thurs - Fri Ranvir Singh and John Stapleton

I would move Charlotte Hawkins to ITV News as she is a good News presenter.

Sean should be permanent sports presenter hosting from a location every day.

2. I would change the running format

6 am Headlines, news reports and paper review. Also regional news(ad at 6.15)
    6.27 Weather
    6.30 Ad
    6.34 Special Feature ( Health, science, education, safety)
    6.40 sport on location
    6.45 regional News
    6.50 Ad
    6.54 weather and fun feature e.g best gardens, things for kids to do.
    7.00 Headlines, news reports and paper review.Also regional news(ad at 7.15)
    7.25 weather and fun feature e.g best gardens, things for kids to do.
    7.30 Ad
    7.34 Special Feature ( Health, science, education, safety)
    7.40 sport on location
    7.44 regional news
    7.48 Ad
    7.52 Entertainment news with Richard Arnold or Roland Rat
    7.58 weather
    8.00 Headlines, News reports
    8.10 Regional News
    8.13 Special Feature ( Health, science, education, safety)
    8.17 Ad
    8.21 chat to Lorraine
    8.22 Weather and Fun Feature
    8.25 Celeb Interview
    8.30 Over to Lorraine

Also Headlines ever 15 minutes
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    I've been watching GMB since it relaunched, but I've finally gotten bored of it and went back to BBC Breakfast this morning. Although that wasn't a difficult decision, seeing as Louise Minchin looked gorgeous with that genuine smile and shock of thick blonde hair. It was also nice and relaxing knowing that Andy Peters wasn't going to show up talking bollicks at any given moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WTF? Your suggested running format is practically identical to what we already have! :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »
    WTF? Your suggested running format is practically identical to what we already have! :confused:

More News
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a FB friend who lays in the sun all day using cooking oil as a protection. Thick as shite because it will never happen to her >:(

BBC Radio Leicester's Julie Mayer used to do something similar in her younger days.

She got skin cancer.

They made a big thing of it on BBC WM where she & Waddo were working at the time!
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed that happens in the future. :)

THIS IS A JOKE. I AM NOT BEING CREEPY.

Please don't shout I'm trying to sleep.......
  • YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JimothyD wrote: »
    I've been watching GMB since it relaunched, but I've finally gotten bored of it and went back to BBC Breakfast this morning. Although that wasn't a difficult decision, seeing as Louise Minchin looked gorgeous with that genuine smile and shock of thick blonde hair. It was also nice and relaxing knowing that Andy Peters wasn't going to show up talking bollicks at any given moment.

I have to say, I've continued to watch GMB out of some misguided loyalty to ITV Breakfast. During an ad break today, I switched to the BBC in their new studio. I was dreading the sport. However, it was like a breath of fresh air. Relaxed, sensible running order, genuine chemistry between the presenters, even though they're rarely/never in the same room (Carol Kirkwood). If GMB want to improve, they need to sit down and watch BBC Breakfast. Surely Susannah Reid should be able to offer up her expertise here?

Don't get me wrong, GMB should NOT try to BBC Breakfast - they're offering an alternative. But it shouldn't be so damn forced and fake. They should embrace themselves for what they are, and be unashamedly that. Why pretend to be newsy if they're not? They need to ask themselves about what they really want to be, and just do it. You can't please all of the people all of the time. So at least just aim to please most of your people all of the time.

/rant lol
    Forum Member
    I did exactly what you did and switched at the break but back again. The new Breakfast set was refreshing but in all honesty I thought that back in April and like the occassional surprise when GMB is outside.

I do think the show needs a solid direction although like you say it shouldn't become Breakfast because it isn't. I think some users may be so used to Breakfast that GMB is alien. I've got be honest and say that I don't want to watch the same show on two channels.

I'm not sure but I have heard people say why not have 6-7 News hour when only BIG stories are covered, 7-8 continued big stories with more light hearted stuff and 8-830 discussing the showbiz, the "how to look good at 68" stories etc?
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll take that as a compliment

I suppose it depends upon whether you are in awe of PR people or not. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :o

With a bit of luck she will off our screens by then.

Oh let's hope so.
  • BushmillsBushmills Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're doing an interview about the Peaches Geldof inquest, and there's an on-screen caption saying: "25 year old had been taking heroin substitute methadone for 25 years".

Ok, it's live television, and mistakes happen. But they showed the same caption an hour ago and obviously not one single person on the production team spotted it.

That's just crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bushmills wrote: »
    They're doing an interview about the Peaches Geldof inquest, and there's an on-screen caption saying: "25 year old had been taking heroin substitute methadone for 25 years".

Ok, it's live television, and mistakes happen. But they showed the same caption an hour ago and obviously not one single person on the production team spotted it.

That's just crap.

I might be wrong but I thought it was 2.5 years