The Ratings Thread (Part 44)

Comments

• Wynne EvansWynne Evans Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    Jesus rejoices. I have it on good authority that Jesus is a big EastEnders fan, and loves nothing more on his birthday, to watch EastEnders, legend has it some of his later work is based on situations he has seen in EastEnders.

Funny:D

I'll be back tomorrow for the ratings Post Mortem.

Merry Christmas
  • cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ronant wrote: »
    That Mrs Brown's Boys rating is the biggest non-soap rating on Christmas Eve since the beginning of this thread, so at least 2005.

The Strictly Christmas Special 2005 had 9.33m in the officials, but i don't know the overnight, but MBB will beat that. Shrek has an official of 9.51m in 2004, but again that will probably be beaten.

The Mummy with an official of 11.1m in 2002 will beat it though.

So we can pretty much say, excluding EastEnders and Corrie it was the most watched programme on Christmas Eve in 10 years.
    Blimey! That's quite the achievement for Mrs Brown's Boys! :eek:
  • dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    Two better rating episodes and suddenly it's the nations favourite soap again Jesus wept.

Beaten by Mrs Browns Boys, dented by the opposition, it will drop again after Xmas and it will not beat DA, CTM or SCD will be the number one show today with DA coming a respectable third. If EE gets 9m tonight then they better make the most of it because it will soon return to the 7m levels
    and if the big EE secret is that Stacey's kid is Max's then how tragically boring that would be.
    Wrong on so many levels. The Secret is something HUGE if you saw the episode last night Derek rang someone and Said 'Max Branning is in Albert Square....blah,blah,blah'
    And whatever it is it happened in Manchester during Max's break last year.

I doubt it.....looking at 2nd week of Jan EastEnders is looking very strong.
  • jake lylejake lyle Posts: 6,146
    Forum Member
    Two better rating episodes and suddenly it's the nations favourite soap again Jesus wept.

Beaten by Mrs Browns Boys, dented by the opposition, it will drop again after Xmas and it will not beat DA, CTM or SCD will be the number one show today with DA coming a respectable third. If EE gets 9m tonight then they better make the most of it because it will soon return to the 7m levels
    and if the big EE secret is that Stacey's kid is Max's then how tragically boring that would be.

Wow even on Christmas Day.....:confused:
    Do cheer up!
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Brown is a beast, think it and Miranda will prove a strong pair. The films did good for BBC One.
  • Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    I think Toy Story could be the highest rated programme before 15:00 today. Could give ITV a helping hand with the rest of the late afternoon and evening line up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    Mrs Brown is a beast, think it and Miranda will prove a strong pair. The films did good for BBC One.

I said a few months ago that Miranda and Mrs Brown's Boys would get 10m for their Christmas shows. It's looking likely for MBB.
  • AnthonyCAnthonyC Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sure I read somewhere BBC ONE are planning to show these 2 shows in the Monday 9-10pm hour through January. Is that right? If so, that's going to be a tough combination to beat.

Talking of which, RIP Royal Bodyguard :D
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    This is why MBB should have got a Xmas Day slot...
  • Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. Even Robbie. :p
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnthonyC wrote: »
    I'm sure I read somewhere BBC ONE are planning to show these 2 shows in the Monday 9-10pm hour through January. Is that right? If so, that's going to be a tough combination to beat.

Up against Lewis. Lewis is now something of a routine crime drama but it's very well produced and it's still capable of pulling a decent audience. I predict that Lewis will be number 1 in the ITV1+1 chart and that it, Miranda and Mrs Brown will be three of the top five shows in timeshift.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Apart from Titanic, no brand new series on Itv1 has rated over 5million in 2012 overnights. As someone said at the Edinburgh festival this year, has 4million become the new 5million for Itv1?

Is that for drama or programmes in general for ITV?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AnthonyC wrote: »

Talking of which, RIP Royal Bodyguard :D
    iaindb wrote: »
    Up against Lewis. Lewis is now something of a routine crime drama but it's very well produced and it's still capable of pulling a decent audience. I predict that Lewis will be number 1 in the ITV1+1 chart and that it, Miranda and Mrs Brown will be three of the top five shows in timeshift.

Lewis will do decent numbers but I can't see it beating Mrs Brown's Boys and Miranda. And Miranda will provide a much better lead in for Mrs Brown's Boys than The Royal Bodyguard ever did.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Is that for drama or programmes in general for ITV?
    Apart from a couple one offs and first episode of Titanic, nothing brand new on Itv1 has got over 5million excluding +1 this year in overnigt ratings. [Sports not included obviously]
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iaindb wrote: »
    Good news for all those complaining about the BBC promoting ITV shows too much - today's BBC Breakfast features features on Call The Midwife and the Doctor's new companion. Plugs for two of BBC1's biggest Christmas Day shows.
    Yes the fact Breakfast had features on Call The Midwife and Doctor Who in the final hour of a Christmas Eve show that was watched by 1.6m should appease a few people on here. :p
    Meanwhile, the Mirror's big report on tomorrow's CTM says that the second series starts in January, but I don't know if that's firm knowledge or just wild speculation on the Mirror's part. With Blandings confirmed for Sundays from January 13th, I'm thinking that a schedule of Blandings, Call The Midwife and Ripper Street on one night would be serious period drama overload. The Sun's article on CTM doesn't seem to mention series 2 at all.
    They have a screening of the first episode of series 2 of Midwife on January 11th I think, so it could be on later in the month.
  • Roscoe BarnesRoscoe Barnes Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    Huge numbers for MBB. A fantastic rating. Also brilliant for Outnumbered. A series high. Solid for the soaps with EE pulling ahead of Corrie, but only just.

Tomorrow mornings going to be very interesting!

Merry Christmas everyone! :)
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it occurs to me, that people may not have been focusing enough on the plot of Sherk, to realise what a dreadful movie it is, my mother watched it without realising it, so their is hope for the BBC yet.

oh and sorry I suggested that Tangled was a BBC film, earlier looking on Digiguide earlier I realised my mistake.
  • Only_YouOnly_You Posts: 5,976
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    it occurs to me, that people may not have been focusing enough on the plot of Sherk, to realise what a dreadful movie it is, my mother watched it without realising it, so their is hope for the BBC yet.

oh and sorry I suggested that Tangled was a BBC film, earlier looking on Digiguide earlier I realised my mistake.

Tangled seems to be getting more of a buzz on Twitter than Shrek, I wonder if the two will be closer in ratings than we thought!
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tangled is the better film but I think Shrek will edge it . 2013 I think ITV should show Despicable Me but not against Toy Story 3 but schedule it after.
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,217
    Forum Member
    Huge numbers for MBB. A fantastic rating. Also brilliant for Outnumbered. A series high. Solid for the soaps with EE pulling ahead of Corrie, but only just.

Tomorrow mornings going to be very interesting!

Merry Christmas everyone! :)

It's an all time high for both MBB and Outnumbered I believe :)

I think Downton will have more than 8.5m, we should be looking at nearer to 10m. Same for CTM.

The Queen's Speech will be the most interesting out of them all, and whether it'd boost TOTP's audience (by people tuning in early for it).

RE last night, BBC One had the largest primetime with 25.3%, followed by ITV1 with 15.7%, BBC Two with 9.8%, Channel 4 on 7.6% and Channel 5 on 4%.
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Only_You wrote: »
    Tangled seems to be getting more of a buzz on Twitter than Shrek, I wonder if the two will be closer in ratings than we thought!
    On another social network website Zeebox, Shrek won with 100% audience compared to Tangled's 80%.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tangled is the better film but I think Shrek will edge it . 2013 I think ITV should show Despicable Me but not against Toy Story 3 but schedule it after.
    I expect Shrek will edge it.

As for the future, the BBC should have Puss in Boots, to fill the void left by Shrek, not sure todays Shrek will stand as many repeats as the others.
  • Toffee GuyToffee Guy Posts: 2,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pleased Mrs Browns Boys did so well.

I realise it's not for everyone and some people just don't get it, but it's extremely popular and definitely deserves more credit & hype than it gets.

Should have been nominated for more in the British Comedy Awards just gone and definitely in the BAFTAs. Some people have a real snobbish attitude when it comes to comedy which is very narrow minded & unfair.

To get nearly 9m viewers, more than the soaps & many XFactor episodes - shows held up as the nations major shows - is some achievement.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sandsss wrote: »
    Be great if EE got an overnight of over 10m tonight. Looks a good ep.

I think 10m will be a bridge too far for an EastEnders overnight. As a final rating perhaps.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toffee Guy wrote: »
    Pleased Mrs Browns Boys did so well.

I realise it's not for everyone and some people just don't get it, but it's extremely popular and definitely deserves more credit & hype than it gets.

Should have been nominated for more in the British Comedy Awards just gone and definitely in the BAFTAs. Some people have a real snobbish attitude when it comes to comedy which is very narrow minded & unfair.

To get nearly 9m viewers, more than the soaps & many XFactor episodes - shows held up as the nations major shows - is some achievement.
    Mrs Brown's Boys won a BAFTA earlier this year as well as a Scottish BAFTA. It's much easier to write a show that nobody watches than one that people do. And it started small and got bigger so earned its way up the ratings ladder.
This discussion has been closed.