Options

Miley Cyrus signed to RCA Records!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
Forum Member
Hollywood Reporter:

"This whole year that's all I've really dedicated life to," said the pop star of her forthcoming release.

Pop singer Miley Cyrus has signed a deal with RCA Records, who will release her so-far untitled album later in 2013. Among the A-list collaborators on the album will be Dr. Luke, known for producing a slew of hits for stars like Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj, in addition to Cyrus' 2009 anthem "Party in the U.S.A."

At last September's iHeartRadio Music Festival, the singer formerly known as Hannah Montana revealed that she'd also booked time with producers like Pharrell Williams, Hit-Boy, and Da Internz. She told Billboard: "I've been in so many sessions and just kind of bunkering down and working really hard and perfecting everything. I've never really had time to do that, to kind of have my record kind of 'done' and then sit there and make it until it's perfect. So, it's been really, really fun. This whole year that's all I've really dedicated life to."
On a less expected note, she also admitted to working with Tyler, the Creator on a track for the new LP.
Cyrus' 2013 LP will follow the underwhelming 2010 release, Can't Be Tamed, which sold only 343,000 copies in the U.S. (according to Nielsen SoundScan) and was her last for Hollywood Records. She's only four years removed from the smash hit "Party in the U.S.A.," which sold 5.1 million downloads and went all the way to No. 2 on the Hot 100.

Well, at least she left Flopwood Records.

Comments

• Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

At last September's iHeartRadio Music Festival, the singer formerly known as Hannah Montana revealed that she'd also booked time with producers like Pharrell Williams, Hit-Boy, and Da Internz. She told Billboard: "I've been in so many sessions and just kind of bunkering down and working really hard and perfecting everything. I've never really had time to do that, to kind of have my record kind of 'done' and then sit there and make it until it's perfect. So, it's been really, really fun. This whole year that's all I've really dedicated life to."
    On a less expected note, she also admitted to working with Tyler, the Creator on a track for the new LP.
    Cyrus' 2013 LP will follow the underwhelming 2010 release, Can't Be Tamed, which sold only 343,000 copies in the U.S. (according to Nielsen SoundScan) and was her last for Hollywood Records. She's only four years removed from the smash hit "Party in the U.S.A.," which sold 5.1 million downloads and went all the way to No. 2 on the Hot 100.

Well, at least she left Flopwood Records.

RCA isn't much better. But I love the list of producers she's enlisted. I'm interested in this project. Miley has always been a guilty pleasure of mine, I really liked Party in the USA and Can't Be Tamed...
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I'm glad she left Hollywood records. Now Demi needs to leave too.
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    God have mercy on her career
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's about time she actually did something other than post pictures of herself on twitter all the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never really saw the appeal of Miley myself but i do love "The Climb"
  • Options
    LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    It's about time she actually did something other than post pictures of herself on twitter all the time.

She's working on her next album, just because she's not tweeting about work related things doesn't mean she's not doing something :rolleyes:.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    Never really saw the appeal of Miley myself but i do love "The Climb"

She has a strong voice, range, technic and is probably a talented musician but what puts me off his the tone of her voice, terrible for my ears.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    All she seems to do nowadays is follow her boring other half to premieres so hope she can make something of this. She has some talent, plus a ton of cash to buy up the best people [having Pharrell and Tyler on there is interesting].

I think this may flop as her time as a singer has passed but it could be a fun one with some decent songs.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one who thinks this could be the rebirth of Miley?

Her tracks were never really massive hits over here, with the exception of 1 or 2.

Her new image, mature attitude and interest in making it work might just work for her. Not to mention, her teenager tag is well & truly gone.

A new audience awaits a new Miley.

I wish her luck and think she could actually revive her career.
  • Options
    Fear of FoursFear of Fours Posts: 1,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's working on her next album, just because she's not tweeting about work related things doesn't mean she's not doing something :rolleyes:.

Well she seems to be taking a long time recording something that will probably flop harder than her last "adult" album. Miley is pretty much irrelevant these days. You hear more about her hair and Liam Hemsworth than you do her actual career.