Battlefield 4

Comments

• HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claymore74 wrote: »
    Metro is confirmed as 1 of the maps in the 'Second Assault' dlc, along with Firestorm, Caspian, and Oman

I hope Arica Harbor makes a comeback as that was my favourite map in BFBC2 and is my all time favourite Rush map in Battlefield.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BF3 Premium came out after BF3.

Does BF4 Premium come with the full game? Or have you got to buy both the full game with Premium if you want Premium?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    Metro is confirmed as 1 of the maps in the 'Second Assault' dlc, along with Firestorm, Caspian, and Oman

Nice, think I'll spectate as a sniper then and watch as it all unfolds. haha.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    The_One wrote: »

Does BF4 Premium come with the full game? Or have you got to buy both the full game with Premium if you want Premium?

They are separate things. So you'll purchase the game and then another £40 for premium if you want it.

Edit: Sorry for double post, will keep it in the same post next time..
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_One wrote: »

You will be able to get BF4 Premium edition (game+all dlc) but that will probably be around 12 months after BF4 launches.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it depends on how badly u want the game. Get it at launch then pay another £40 for Premium OR wait for 12 months and get them both for £40-£50.
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Battledfield 4 PS4 is now £40 on amazon. Didnt even want the game, but i have pre ordered just in case. Would rather play the beta and wait for Goty.

Anyways we see what the americans have to say
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if 'news' or not, but I haven't heard this before - interview in OPM with Dice says that there will be a 'Test Range' in BF4 where you can test out / practice with vehicles.
  • Jay-CeeJay-Cee Posts: 2,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure if 'news' or not, but I haven't heard this before - interview in OPM with Dice says that there will be a 'Test Range' in BF4 where you can test out / practice with vehicles.

like fly jets? learn how to fly it? That would be lovely cause not everyone know how to fly those jets/heli
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, that's what I took it to mean. I can't remember the exact comment but when he [the Dice guy, Aleksander Grondal] was comparing it to bf3 he said something like 'we realised some people find vehicles difficult, so we've included a place to practice. We call it Test Range'

I don't think it'll make a difference to me though, I still won't be able to fly, not matter how long I practice for!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BF3 basically already has a 'test range', its called an empty server.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I read about test range a while back myself though like above have used an empty server before....still didnt really help me mind you. Basically a journey in my choppers you dont need a return ticket.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Basically a journey in my choppers you dont need a return ticket.

That's better than me - with me you're unlikely to get to your intended destination (or any destination for that matter), never mind the return trip!
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find choppers quite easy to fly using the legacy control setup. I've practised loads with jets in empty servers but I'm still pants at flying them. I don't bother with them at all anymore unless I want to get to a flag quickly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is legacy setup?

ThE jets are too quick for me so I also leave them unless my team are pants anyway and then I use it as a fast travel to get to furthest flag
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Legacy is one of the alternative button configurations for flying. You can change it in the control settings menu. I switched the vertical flight setting to inverted as well. That combo makes flying choppers a whole lot easier for me personally.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ill check that I might have already changed it as I cant use traditional flying controls like up for down and down for up. Mine is up for up. Its once I lose control of the tilt that its probably time to think of ejection
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Ill check that I might have already changed it as I cant use traditional flying controls like up for down and down for up. Mine is up for up

I find using inverted controls difficult too lol. I end up diving into the ground when i'm supposed to be pulling up :o but having them inverted IS supposed to make flying easier.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Anyone know if you buy the Premium/DLC on 360/PS3, will it carry over to the next gen version?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    "DICE also announced today that it will offer a Battlefield Premium subscription for Battlefield 4. With a membership, players will receive digital expansion packs, as well as weekly content and personalization options. The Battlefield 4 Premium subscription will also be transferable between console generations."

Found here: http://uk.gamespot.com/news/battlefield-4-stats-will-carry-over-to-next-gen-6412987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonder if that transfer is a limited time or forever. Im getting bf4 on ps3 on release but wont be going ps4 til next year sometime
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kopite79 wrote: »
    I find choppers quite easy to fly using the legacy control setup.

Talking about control schemes I really hope Dice can find a controller setup and stick to it. So far I have played 3 games with three different control setups for the vehicles and with none of the new titles supporting the old setup.

On Bad Company 1 I used the stick to drive the tank (Forward / Backwards and turning)

On Bad Company 2 I used the L1 L2 setup to drive the tank (L1 = Forward, L2 = Backward and LS steering)

On Battlefield 3 I used the same L1 L2 setup for the tank but this time Dice had flipped the L1 and L2 controls so its now (L1 = Backwards, L2 = Forwards and LS steering)

Or at the very least allow me to select the old favourite control schemes from past games. I dont mind them changing but I want access to the controls I know and like. This is the one thing I do really like about COD, they picked a control scheme and stuck to it.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Is the China Rising preorder bonus only for current gen & PC or for PS4/XB1 too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have the recommended system requirements for this game been released yet ?.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have the recommended system requirements for this game been released yet ?.

Yes...ps4 :)

Sorry.

Pretty sure china rising will be all platforms