Britney - Perfume (2nd single from Britney Jean)

rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
Forum Member
✭✭
The song premieres in 10 mins on her Facebook page!

It is a ballad written by Sia and Britney.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am so excited!
  • rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am happy she is finally releasing a ballad again. Would love her to perform it live, but I very much doubt there will be a performance until Vegas, let alone a live one!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I soooo can't wait for this it will be perfect
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Omg It's Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!! I Just Love It
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 316
    Forum Member
    Wow. I am underwhelmed. It doesn't sound catchy at all, and the instrumental in the chorus is bad.

I don't think the song's bad, but I think I have to listen to it quite a few times to get to liking it...

On the plus side, the vocals sound unaffected.
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's good, not great.

I can't see people singing along with it.

Great album track, not-so-great single. :(
  • rebellionrebellion Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice to hear her actual voice. She can sing and this song proves it. I would say it will be a grower but it will need to be performed to sell.
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love it britney bitch is full on back
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Where can we listen to it apart from her Facebook page?
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Died!

She's back and sounds serious this time! I've enjoyed her last three albums but this already sounds like an element of thought has gone into the new material.

Love it! Deserves to be her biggest hit this decade.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely love it, I have been waiting for a song like this for years, her vocals are absolutely stunning, and we can finally hear her REAL voice!
  • ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has actually grown on me A LOT in about 3 listens. It's quite beautiful and real. It's not trying to be catchy or current, it's just being honest and real.

Sorry I doubted you Britney.
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like it!
  • cashloot147cashloot147 Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow!!! Her vocals are amazing on this. Minimal (if any) autotune. She needed this!

I love the song too.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    Sounds like an album song tbh. I was hoping for a real ballad hit like Everytime. Don't know why but this song just feels weak.

Her vocals do sound amazing though.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't reek, but rather sweet if a little too inoffensive
  • TayTayTayTay Posts: 657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it. The chorus is a little weak and I prefer the verses, but over all it's a great song. Her voice sounds on par and it's nice to hear her demonstrate her vocal ability. Gave me the goosebumps!
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Don't think it's anything special. I've had two listens. It might grow on me...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Well this is completely amazing, her voice is incredible. I'm stunned.
  • Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nothing special, but it does get better on multiple listens.
  • umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just listened to Britney Spears' brand new single 'Perfume' and I must say... THIS IS MORE LIKE IT! Great to hear a much more vulnerable and emotional Britney, she sounds great vocally, and I think it's really just kinda simple and straight to the point but at the same time very effective. Also sonically it doesn't sound like anything out there on radio right now which is definitely a good thing. Give it a couple of listens, 'cause this is definitely a grower.

I can't wait to see what Britney comes up with for the music video, I hope it's something that is a little surprising and not just 'another pretty song that is sweet' I want it a little more dark and meaningful... kind of like her amazing 'Everytime' video. More importantly though I hope she gives a few live performances of this song in the run up to the release in order to promote the song and showcase her vocal talents to the world.. ideally I'd love her to come over to the UK and perform on The X Factor and really just nail it and surprise everyone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love it, good job Brit
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good production, but who's gonna even remember this song 5 years from now?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. I am underwhelmed. It doesn't sound catchy at all, and the instrumental in the chorus is bad.

I don't think the song's bad, but I think I have to listen to it quite a few times to get to liking it...

On the plus side, the vocals sound unaffected.

I don't think it's meant to sound catchy
    Forum Member
    Ive pre ordered tue album but perfume isn't downloading is it different for the UK