>
  • tsotso Posts: 25,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Borthwick/Ballance/Rankin definitely in
  • dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky coverage just started and they said that 3 new caps being presented to Borthwick, Ballance and Rankin
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just heard Ballance being interviewed. Doesn't sound like a Yorkie..
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    Ah feel sorry for Jo Root:(
  • BorefestBorefest Posts: 9,557
    Forum Member
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Just heard Ballance being interviewed. Doesn't sound like a Yorkie..

I was thinking the same................couple of years time I expect there will be a Romanian playing:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What will happen at the toss

From cricinfo

9.45am The forecast for the Test is pretty decent although a few showers possible depending on which version you look at and it's a cloudy morning. Tempting to bowl first again.
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Few rumours that it's Root who's dropped, not Carberry.
  • richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    England win the toss at last and will bowl first
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    wonder if there was a reason they didn't have an ex-player handing out the caps but had cook do it
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ballance, Borthwick and Rankin make test debuts.....
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Root out, Bresnan out and monty
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone remember the massive press campaign last summer to let Root open and bring Bairstow in at 6, with Compton being dropped?

The planning has been laughable - one of the most ridiculous periods in English cricketing history. Whether we avoid the whitewash or not, heads should roll but they probably won't.
  • Nova21Nova21 Posts: 14,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Amazing how Aussie Cook sounds...

Re the changes, I'm glad Carberry has got probably his final chance and hope he does well...Root has plenty of time and will get plenty more opportunities...
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Anyone remember the massive press campaign last summer to let Root open and bring Bairstow in at 6, with Compton being dropped?

The planning has been laughable - one of the most ridiculous periods in English cricketing history. Whether we avoid the whitewash or not, heads should roll but they probably won't.

couldn't agree more

all the apparent plans heading into this series have just gone out of the window , couple unavoidable maybe but it reminds me so much of Australia 3 years ago when they didn't seem to know what their best team was and were continually chopping and changing and looked like they making knee jerk decisions
  • triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nova21 wrote: »
    Amazing how Aussie Cook sounds...

His accent? Doesn't sound Aussie to me.
    Forum Member
    wonder if anyone would have bet on England using 17 different players in the series and finn not getting a single game
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pavilion Opinions ‏@pavilionopinion
    Three new faces for England, drawing them level with Shane Warne's tally for 2013.

:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    wonder if anyone would have bet on England using 17 different players in the series and finn not getting a single game

That Finn can't get a game amid this farce must mean he is looking even worse in the nets than anyone thought possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spreads quoting Australia runs at 325-340 with the fall of the 1st wicket at 39-44

Think we need to get them out for less than that to justify putting them in

No bet from me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    That Finn can't get a game amid this farce must mean he is looking even worse in the nets than anyone thought possible.

By changing his run up / action to stop him hitting the stumps, they seem to have ruined his confidence

Reminds me of what they did to Jimmy when they made him change his action
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Incidentally, England are playing 8 left-handed batsmen, whilst the 5 frontline bowlers all bowl right-handed and bat left-handed.

Has to be a first surely?
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dtcdtcdtc wrote: »
    Spreads quoting Australia runs at 325-340 with the fall of the 1st wicket at 39-44

Interesting there's a lot of discussion on twitter on other forums that England should knock Australia over for no more than 200-250 in these conditions. If Australia get over 300 they'll be happy with that I think.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe Cook sent Australia in after winning the toss for the first time in the series.:(
This discussion has been closed.