Options

Best National Radio Station In Norway

Jonathan1990Jonathan1990 Posts: 1,520
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Last time I did The Netherlands now I thought I'd do Norway as I used to get them on FM and DAB on some hot summer evenings when I lived high up on the Yorkshire Coast in about 10 years ago. I remember on FM I used to get these.

NRK P1
NRK P2
NRK P3
P4 Norge

I seem to remember that NRK P2 played some good music but one hot summers night when I came home from school back in 2005 on DAB block 12D I got one called Barracuda which played some very good music which I'm not sure weather it's still going.

Comments

• Options
    david1956david1956 Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last time I did The Netherlands now I thought I'd do Norway as I used to get them on FM and DAB on some hot summer evenings when I lived high up on the Yorkshire Coast in about 10 years ago. I remember on FM I used to get these.

NRK P1
    NRK P2
    NRK P3
    P4 Norge

I seem to remember that NRK P2 played some good music but one hot summers night when I came home from school back in 2005 on DAB block 12D I got one called Barracuda which played some very good music which I'm not sure weather it's still going.

Any chance you could tell us about the music policy of these stations.
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Having been to Oslo, I would sadly say Norway has a pretty boring FM dial compared to so many European countries. I'd say the same for Sweden & Denmark as well. It certainly ain't Paris, Berlin, Brussels or Amsterdam out in Scandinavia!
  • Options
    Jonathan1990Jonathan1990 Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    Having been to Oslo, I would sadly say Norway has a pretty boring FM dial compared to so many European countries. I'd say the same for Sweden & Denmark as well. It certainly ain't Paris, Berlin, Brussels or Amsterdam out in Scandinavia!

I remember P4 Norge used to interfere with Classic FM 100.3FM from Pontop Pike and some days in summer I could not get it. I also used to get Denmark stations which never interfered with others on DAB as it was on block 13B which the UK don't use. They used to call it cross channel interference which I don't think happens these days.
  • Options
    TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,417
    Forum Member
    I actually quite like NRK Jazz and they seem to focus more on more modern Jazz variants and artists whereas Jazz.FM91 (Toronto) is a bit more traditional and generalist (which I also like).

While I remember, Norway is in the process of moving away from FM (2017 shutdown) to an intermediate mixed DAB/DAB+ system with a view to a long term DAB+ system*.

*(Sources = http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Audio_Broadcasting http://radio.no/digitalisering/dab-vs-dab/)