Lonely Hearts

2-Pot Screamer2-Pot Screamer Posts: 34,238
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Would you respond to a lonely hearts ad like this? (assuming you were free to do so, obviously!):
"All humans are 99.9 per cent genetically identical, so don’t even think of ending any relationship begun here with ‘I just don’t think we have enough in common’. Science has long since proven I’m the man for you (41, likes to be referred to as ‘Wing Commander’ in the bedroom).
"This advert is about as close as I come to meaningful interaction with other adults. Woman, 51. Not good at parties but tremendous breasts.
"They said the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Disqualified surgeon (F, 32), a touch on the literal side maybe, seeks man for nights of complete misunderstanding."

Just a small selection of real ads from the London Review of Books, read more here.

Read them, they're a hoot! :D

"

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL the second one! I think they are all eye catching, but if they aren't being ironic then I'd think the authors rather odd!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ROFLMAO! I think a sense of humour is very attractive! :D
  • LittleMinx25LittleMinx25 Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woman, 35. Happily married until husband sponsored an African village goat in her name as a birthday gift. WLTM man to 40 for whom the phrase ‘I’d really like a pair of diamond earrings’ isn’t meant ironically.

:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These are reallt witty i was actually laughing out loud at some of them:-)
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    ROFLMAO! I think a sense of humour is very attractive! :D

Why did the chicken cross the road? ;)