Is Julie Perkins a hypocrite?

geraldinemariageraldinemaria Posts: 1,933
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why is Julie being so snooty about her grandaughter particularly considering she was wearing a tag not so long ago.

She said to Billy that they knew kids like Lola and indicated that they had grown out of this and were doing better but crime seems to be always around her and Billy. Is she just jealous and just wants Billy to herself?

Or is it more complex and in fact her behaviour is a manifestation of her grief for her son as she's not really been able to grieve for him?

Comments

• bel110bel110 Posts: 14,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd say it's more complex and largely to do with grief. She's had a huge amount to take on board in the last 2 days and she needs to deal with it in her own way. Billy's way of dealing with his son's death is to grab Lola with open arms and focus all his energy on her, Julie's way of dealing with it is almost the opposite.
    Also maybe she always thought her son had a better ( non criminal ) life and so seeing Lola just accentuates her own failure to give him a better life.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,947
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bel110 wrote: »
    I'd say it's more complex and largely to do with grief. She's had a huge amount to take on board in the last 2 days and she needs to deal with it in her own way. Billy's way of dealing with his son's death is to grab Lola with open arms and focus all his energy on her, Julie's way of dealing with it is almost the opposite.
    Also maybe she always thought her son had a better ( non criminal ) life and so seeing Lola just accentuates her own failure to give him a better life.

Spot on. Every parent wants to believe their kid will prosper much better than they did. To find out your kid was even worse off than you must be gut wrenching. I like Julie, I think she should stay in Albert Square.