Onesies - this decade's shell suit?

taliesintaliesin Posts: 1,587
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've noticed of late the number of people wearing onesies for normal day to day attire, going shopping, kid's out playing in them, even saw a bloke in the pub wearing one once.

Are they the shell suit of our times? That must have fashion item that we'll come to regret in a few years time, or the new chav/council estate costume due to cheap knock offs?

Comments

• kippehkippeh Posts: 6,655
    Forum Member
    A mate of mine got the hump with me because I told him he looked a total pillock posing in one with animal ears on Facebook, the soft sod.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never seen anyone wear one in public! Posing for photos and whatnot, yeah, but in public - who's daft enough to do that?
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was invited to a party recently and the dress code was onsies. Sadly I couldn't make it...
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Onesies are just loungewear, nothing wrong with them. I've never seen anyone wear one outside.
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are adult babygrows.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    taliesin wrote: »
    I've noticed of late the number of people wearing onesies for normal day to day attire, going shopping, kid's out playing in them, even saw a bloke in the pub wearing one once.

Are they the shell suit of our times? That must have fashion item that we'll come to regret in a few years time, or the new chav/council estate costume due to cheap knock offs?

I think most fashion falls into the regret category over time. They are horrible though.
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    They are adult babygrows.

They really are and I can never help but see the dangling dirty nappy situation going on!
    Surely anyone who's had kids doesn't wear them?
  • Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    They really are and I can never help but see the dangling dirty nappy situation going on!
    Surely anyone who's had kids doesn't wear them?

Someone got me one for Christmas and I wore it once because I found it too hot.
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with wearing them as loungewear, its the chavs who wear them out and about that I have a problem with.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    Someone got me one for Christmas and I wore it once because I found it too hot.

I was in the queue at asda behind a woman a while back. And she reeked of bo. I guess it's not surprising when you wear an all in one suit with no ventilation.
  • rory rrory r Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    Horrible things, adults wearing them just look daft.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My partner has one. I only dislike onesies in one particular situation.
  • Miss C. DeVilleMiss C. DeVille Posts: 6,042
    Forum Member
    They're stupid things. You have to get undressed just to go to the loo!
  • Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chavs and Students
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Boys take longer to mature than girls... apparently, yet girls have onesies, teddy bears and like cards with little fluffy things on them.

Erm, hello?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ive never seen anyone wear them in public.

Pyjamas in supermarkets? See plenty of 14 year old mothers / 28 year old grandmothers wearing them
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're stupid things. You have to get undressed just to go to the loo!

....amongst other things....
    Mad_Dog1 wrote: »
    Chavs and Students

"Chav" is a horrible word.
  • Mad_Dog1Mad_Dog1 Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    ....amongst other things....

It's a accurate description of a large section of society.
    Forum Member

It's a descriptive word used to describe a specific person, and for that it serves its purpose.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    It's a descriptive word used to describe a specific person, and for that it serves its purpose.

Used mostly in a derogatory manner.
    Forum Member
    Used mostly in a derogatory manner.

So what? Act like a dick, you get a term invented for your behaviour, them's the breaks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what? Act like a dick, you get a term invented for your behaviour, them's the breaks.

I get what you're saying. However I personally prefer to just call them dicks.
    Forum Member
    I get what you're saying. However I personally prefer to just call them dicks.

And that isn't derogatory? :D

I hate all the 'oh, I think you're being a bit offensive there', big deal, being offended is not the worst thing in the world and is actually part of life.

So many people throw a major wobbler over the chance they could be offending some groups, and at the expense of freedom of speech, I don't think it is a fair trade.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And that isn't derogatory? :D

I hate all the 'oh, I think you're being a bit offensive there', big deal, being offended is not the worst thing in the world and is actually part of life.

So many people throw a major wobbler over the chance they could be offending some groups, and at the expense of freedom of speech, I don't think it is a fair trade.

Fair enough.
  • lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    I wear a onesie because it's comfortable and warm. And I've never worn it outdoors.