Options

DPD - the best courier?

andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
Forum Member
The 1 hour delivery time frame and "follow my parcel" thing is great, very useful

Anyone else a fan of this ?

This is why I like them

Comments

• Options
    swehsweh Posts: 13,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like them because they text delivery times. <3
  • Options
    ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Never had a single problem with DPD.

Best courier I've encountered.
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a parcel delivered by them the day before yesterday with a SMS giving time of delivery and the drivers name.

This is how the others should be.:)
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    CarphoneWarehouse use them (sometimes). They are very good.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Very good service and to be fair we have a good City Link guy too.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a few parcels delivered from Amazon by DPD and I've found them to be very good and they have always delivered within the hour specified.

Before the parcel is despatched you can request delivery to an alternate address is you have to go out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've had a few parcels delivered from Amazon by DPD and I've found them to be very good and they have always delivered within the hour specified.

Before the parcel is despatched you can request delivery to an alternate address is you have to go out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

• Options
    SherbetLemonSherbetLemon Posts: 4,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've had regular parcels delivered for years, but I'd never heard of DPD until a couple of years ago. Since then, we've had several deliveries via them, and they've always turned up within their stated 1 hr time slot. Great service.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zero stress with these guys.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me and my partner are always commenting on how good DPD are, we get a lot of Amazon deliveries with them these days and they have always been faultless. Yodel, on the other hand... why can't all couriers be like DPD? :D
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bought a computer just before Christmas and they delivered it. Was very impressed with the service.

Thought it was great being able to follow the van around on the map with the live tracking thingy. Knowing what number delivery I was and what job the driver was on was useful info to me, and I think they had an estimated delivery time that was to the exact minute that adjusted with traffic etc. as well as the general 1 hour slot. I also recall it showing the driver's name which was a nice touch. :)

That's the only time I've encountered them so I don't know if they're consistent. Couldn't fault my single experience them though.
  • Options
    biggle2000biggle2000 Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think its great. Also, I like the way they text you the day before and you can reply 1=deliver to neighbour 2= deliver day after etc. Their service is first rate.
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never had a problem with them and that's with countless deliveries. Plus the delivery driver I always have shares the same first name as me (as stated in their text message) so that's a plus point
  • Options
    Dr. ClawDr. Claw Posts: 7,375
    Forum Member
    very good service

their live tracker is a little bit behind on purpose so criminals cant rob them of the goods theyre sending
  • Options
    Biker JeffBiker Jeff Posts: 987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like any courier company that isn't Yodel.....

Incompetent f........
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I think DPD are one of the best deliver companies out there.

The one hours slot and GPS following is great.

Royal Mail isn't as good as all they say is 'It is out for deliver' but you don't know when exactly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vodafone use them also.

Like that they send a text with options for alternate / re-delivery choices and for the 1-hour window in which they'll be arriving.

Never had a problem with them.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ya dey are de best.
  • Options
    iris_de_baumeiris_de_baume Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    DPD are OK, though as I'm out of work all day, I still prefer Royal Mail, who always deliver parcels to our village around 7.30am before we go to work, and if that doesn't work leave it down the road at our local post office.

ps Our Yodel delivery guy takes personal service to embarassing levels. Once he's got your contact number, he delivers any time (he's made a special trip out to us on Sunday evening at 7.30pm), anywhere - it's like the Pony Express, sometimes
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only have had them deliver once and that was a nightmare ,, my favourite Couriers at the moment are Hermes our local guy is brilliant
  • Options
    EmilyJEGEmilyJEG Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ps Our Yodel delivery guy takes personal service to embarassing levels. Once he's got your contact number, he delivers any time (he's made a special trip out to us on Sunday evening at 7.30pm), anywhere - it's like the Pony Express, sometimes

Lol :D

I like DPD. I had a delivery from AO the other day, and it was due between "08:00 and 12:00". They turned up at about 11:58. I said they should have a one hour delivery slot like DPD because clearly there was no chance of it turning up anywhere near 08:00 so I could have had some extra sleep (I'm pregnant so particularly appreciate my sleep at the moment!). He grunted at me about how they both used to work for DPD and it was rubbish. "We couldn't even deliver one minute before the delivery time." Yeah, and? They've got a one hour slot, it's not like they had only had a five minute window! Neither had any personality whatsoever - and they tried to deliver to the wrong building. "Well, it's what the satnav told us." Idiots.

We had a DPD delivery due when I was going for a scan, so I rang up and asked if I could have it delivered to the shop next door. We were in our old flat at the time and most of the neighbours would have been out - I didn't think they'd fancy trying 17 different flats before trying the shop (if I'd just chosen the "deliver to neighbour" option). They sorted it out with no trouble at all :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    only have had them deliver once and that was a nightmare ,, my favourite Couriers at the moment are Hermes our local guy is brilliant
    Really? Genuinely your post is the only positive opinion of Hermes I've ever read. :o

I've had terrible experiences with them, as much as to say one of my items even came broke (despite the fact the box had 'fragile' written all over it) - wouldn't recommend them, myself.
  • Options
    Rae_RooRae_Roo Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really surprised to see such good things about them from others... I've only had bad experiences with the company. In our old flat in Edinburgh city centre, I was waiting during the time slot, nothing... Popped downstairs to look up and down street, incase they could not park etc then found one of those sorry we missed you cards under the main door to the stairwell?! I couldn't believe it, it wasn't even my door, and they hadn't rung the buzzer etc, anyone could have picked it up, or kicked it into the street...

So I called the number, a bit annoyed, they contacted driver who said they had put the note under my door, my ACTUAL door, total liar, they made him come all the way back to deliver it, he was such an arrogant sod at the door!

The second time they missed 3 delivery slots, blaming miscommunication with drivers etc.. Might just have been the edinburgh ones in our area, but I've never had as many probs with other couriers, and we get about 5-10 parcels a week...
  • Options
    CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love DPD when they deliver my jewellery :)