The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great opening episode of Dream Factory btw, including a girl joining the twins on the red carpet in London, a boy going backstage on Mrs Brown's Boys and another girl meeting Olly Murs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can u post all thei twitcam stuff etc please
    Sure!

Twitcam: http://youtu.be/J1aSmN5h1c4?t=1s
    Jedmas message: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6uOm47OeVo
    Dream Factory episode 1: http://www.rte.ie/player/es/show/10097991/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks whatched dream factory awsome which rest after downton abbey or maybe before
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Dream Factory, aw. It's fun seeing people like Leigh Francis, The Hoff and Olly Murs be guests on their show. :-)

And the Christmas message was lovely and very colour co-ordinated with the blue jumpers blue tree.
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it seems they have calmed down a bit(when I compare last year OMG to this year) , I like it that they don´t jump on the sofa/couch anymore ( and only jump on beds :) )

I really enjoyed the OMG video &I hope that will get much more TV shows in future ,my dream would be that they get a daily/weekly reality TV show (like Kardashians or Osbourne) or a TV show like P.Hilton had (The Simple Life) or a TV show like "Stars bei der Arbeit" (germany) where J&E would work for a day or a few days more in normal jobs like e.g. dentist /zookeeper...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    it seems they have calmed down a bit(when I compare last year OMG to this year) , I like it that they don´t jump on the sofa/couch anymore ( and only jump on beds :) )

I really enjoyed the OMG video &I hope that will get much more TV shows in future ,my dream would be that they get a daily/weekly reality TV show (like Kardashians or Osbourne) or a TV show like P.Hilton had (The Simple Life) or a TV show like "Stars bei der Arbeit" (germany) where J&E would work for a day or a few days more in normal jobs like e.g. dentist /zookeeper...

I see them as future massive presenting duo they are learning their craft now
    There is nobody like them and never will be The world is their oyster in all areas of entertainment
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd love them to have a jobs for Jedward style tv show. Every week it could be like wedding planner where they turn out to be surprisingly competent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    I'd love them to have a jobs for Jedward style tv show. Every week it could be like wedding planner where they turn out to be surprisingly competent.

I would like for them to become more edgy in the music scene... there is an open niche right now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no disrespect to J... but, I must admit, I am more interested in the type of lyrics E would write... I am convinced they would be more meaningful and somehow noteworthy.

John collaborating w/ Swedish song writers seems a bit... well... pointless/artistically irrelevant.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDkQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sweden.se%2Feng%2FHome%2FLifestyle%2FMusic-room%2FReading%2FSwedish-music--the-sound-of-success%2F&ei=cJ3aUMTeCorKtAbSnYDIBg&usg=AFQjCNFAaCe37CbIZU5GWs9ysCmEkI1BAQ&sig2=rlkEcO86YCArKgDOPoROgQ Swedish music — the sound of success - SWEDEN.SE

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CEEQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thenational.ae%2Farts-culture%2Fmusic%2Fever-since-abba-the-swedish-influence-on-pop-music-is-as-strong-as-ever&ei=cJ3aUMTeCorKtAbSnYDIBg&usg=AFQjCNGpUoC9idgLmpHSQ7sN4rNQUjriLw&sig2=Hfx2uWVKwKLp_I3HjJxokQ Ever since Abba: the Swedish influence on pop music is as strong as ever

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CEgQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.dailyroxette.com%2Fnode%2F18013.html&ei=cJ3aUMTeCorKtAbSnYDIBg&usg=AFQjCNGoJzLUSGAOg0itLCRZxpBFmC4BzQ&sig2=TV2t3L5yKC4v6aR12B4GXw More than 100 million SEK to Swedish songwriters

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&ved=0CFAQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.stim.se%2Fmw&ei=cJ3aUMTeCorKtAbSnYDIBg&usg=AFQjCNEPzpI6AsywPAh_ry980g8yOABc8g&sig2=h05PZ6Dk2mXSQBCZcvxZwg Music Week runs article on STIM and Swedish songwriters

http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CEAQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.songwriteruniverse.com%2Felofsson.htm&ei=kp7aUK2yKdHYsgaA_oCwBg&usg=AFQjCNEzBlhY9RGUIthlwB_VKDFSRWAjag&sig2=LXhT9ySuE8e4OAtIQbs9QA Jorgen Eloffson Writes Worldwide Hits for Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson, Westlife And Other Artists

so I see more than enough reasons why J&E want to write with songwriter from Sweden (and it is possible easier for them to get in touch with a songwriter from Sweden because they are already succesful&known in Sweden)

and even 1 Direction have a songwriter from Sweden :Carl Falk http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FCarl_Falk&ei=Y6DaUNDtDMnOtQbd8IC4Cg&usg=AFQjCNGsnRl6lvi30HUXXJPkivUYTRD0mw&sig2=bxdPDPrqSnh-AQ90RpjDXg&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.Yms&cad=rja

I know it is hard to imagine for some fans that USA is not all what matters(I know that J&E do not write at moment with 1 of these really succesfull songwriter from Sweden(I have forgotten the name of the songwriter they work at moment) but who knows maybe it will be soon)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    but I agree that it would be probably more interesting to see which lyric Edward would write for their songs(I think John´s songs will be full of innuendos) but of course no matter if John or Edward will write their lyrics they need at moment help from someone who knows how to write songs which are good enough to be on an album or will be their new single
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but I agree that it would be probably more interesting to see which lyric Edward would write for their songs(I think John´s songs will be full of innuendos) but of course no matter if John or Edward will write their lyrics they need at moment help from someone who knows how to write songs which are good enough to be on an album or will be their new single

I actually love John's lyrics I've heard so far, I think he writes from the heart, which makes his lyrics quite powerful, I'm looking forward to hearing more.

I'm sure Edward would write too if he wanted to, but it doesn't seem to be his thing, it seems like something John has more interest in.

A lot of top musicians use swedish song writers, they are known to be the best in the business when it comes to pop music
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    A lot of top musicians use swedish song writers, they are known to be the best in the business when it comes to pop music

That's what I am questioning... not geography or nationalities... but the genre. I understand J&E see themselves as pop artists, but I'm simply putting it out there that they should consider something more edgy, more meaningful... it might be a good fit for them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    which part is Linda Martin playing this year in Panto ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually love John's lyrics I've heard so far, I think he writes from the heart, which makes his lyrics quite powerful, I'm looking forward to hearing more.

It's weird in concerts John seems to be channeling Rock Star, but musically and lyrically (from what we've seen so far) he's more Ed Sheeran / James Morrision acoustic guitar.
    We might end up with a weird senario where they use song writers for the songs they perform but John Jedward writes songs for other artists.

Difficult to judge lyrics without knowing the tune though.

or perhaps they will just have to do an acoustic album and a matching chilled out Jedward acoustic tour.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's weird in concerts John seems to be channeling Rock Star, but musically and lyrically (from what we've seen so far) he's more Ed Sheeran / James Morrision acoustic guitar.
    We might end up with a weird senario where they use song writers for the songs they perform but John Jedward writes songs for other artists.

Difficult to judge lyrics without knowing the tune though.

or perhaps they will just have to do an acoustic album and a matching chilled out Jedward acoustic tour.

I would love an accoustic album, the accoustic covers on JedwardTV are absolutely brilliant.

John did say lot of the stuff he was writing wasn't suitable for Jedward, we all assumed he meant it wasn't PG enough, but maybe he just meant it wasn't the right kind of genre.

I love 'rock star' John :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    which part is Linda Martin playing this year in Panto ?

She plays Jasmines nurse. She is actually pretty good, and is obviously a good sport, there are lots of jokes about her age etc
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    I know it is hard to imagine for some fans that USA is not all what matters(I know that J&E do not write at moment with 1 of these really succesfull songwriter from Sweden(I have forgotten the name of the songwriter they work at moment) but who knows maybe it will be soon)
    I understand what do you mean by usa is not all what matters :) They are working on their Asia tour, I'm sure after it they will gain lots of more fans and will receive a massive success in Asia. And they haven't been to Russia, Canada, Aussie yet, they have loads of fans there too.

But I think they would love to have a successful career in entertainment industry as well, not only in music industry, right? what better countries to achieve that in other than the US/UK?

I wish to see the Jedward world domination next year :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to have them succesfull all over the world(and of course also in USA) but I want that they don´t forget that the world is huge and I don´t want that they forget countrys where they are already known and loved(Sweden/Singapore/Russia...), they should visit these(&other) countrys before the people there are loosing their interest in them.

Robbie Williams is huge in many/most countrys but he never had a great success in USA no matter how hard he tried it.

Of course if J&E would have succes in USA it would be really great but nevertheless they should not forget the countrys where their music already works

And Asia is a huge market (Singapore/Korea/Philippines/Malaysia/Indonesia...seem to like them when I go by the radio airplay they get there &when I go by the fact that their music is used for TV shows(and that all albums did chart in Korea))

But you are probably right music will not always work for them(not many acts have succes in music industry for many years) so you are probably right they should work on their TV career too(though they will probably always make music&concerts too)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    And Asia is a huge market (Singapore/Korea/Philippines/Malaysia/Indonesia...seem to like them when I go by the radio airplay they get there &when I go by the fact that their music is used for TV shows(and that all albums did chart in Korea))
    One thing I don't know is will they have a Korea concerts as well? Korea and Japan's music and entertainment industry is influential in asia. And they have tons of entertainment programs for artists to be on. They would be loved by millions if they can go on some of those shows. Then they would gain more fans in China too, which I really want to see. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love James Morrison he admitted he owned victory He has a little Girl I love broken Strings I have his album

Maybe a coloration with him or Damien rice
    Jedward will get bigger and bigger

Omg dream factory first episode was brill more professial They will be superstars they are a triple threat

Interesting to see their acting ability in serious

They should ask Chloe grace moretz she is in the remark of carrie as carrie
    And was brill in let the right one in and Hugo

Sorry about spelling etc travelling bumpy
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone see the Kevin Bacon TV advert on ITV last night where he was talking about Jedward and sporting a quiff? I thought I was imagining things! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John did say lot of the stuff he was writing wasn't suitable for Jedward, we all assumed he meant it wasn't PG enough, but maybe he just meant it wasn't the right kind of genre.
    Good points in there.
    We can't judge John's compositions so far because we haven't heard any yet, but if he composes with his guitar it's quite probable that they're that kind of songs that really don't match the Jedward concept. One or two in a concert/album would be ok, but maybe a full album of them would be too far from what people expect from them.

It wouldn't be a bad thing, but I guess that the not-as-brilliant-as-Victory Young Love sales have to do with the new image/change of music. We love the new songs, but maybe they don't appeal to their younger audience. You can't please everybody, but you can't forget a big part of your fans either ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wouldn't be a bad thing, but I guess that the not-as-brilliant-as-Victory Young Love sales have to do with the new image/change of music.

Young Love was not marketed at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    as long as I remember Victory was also not marked in Ireland but did nevertheless chart over 52 weeks in the irish charts(Planet Jedward did chart over 70 weeks) , it seems that J&E have more young fans in Ireland than older fans/older teenager fans and that these young kids prefer the Victory style but on the other side the Young Love songs get much airplay in other countrys (outside Ireland/UK) so they should not go back to the Victory style
This discussion has been closed.