The Jedward Appreciation Thread (Part 25)

Comments

• dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River_Tam wrote: »
    What's the opposite of Rose Tinted glasses?

Poo-smeared ones?
  • Who Am I?Who Am I? Posts: 20,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    John and Edward are one of the pictures of the day in the Telegraph today http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/picturegalleries/picturesoftheday/9744836/Pictures-of-the-day-14-December-2012.html?frame=2427749

Also Edward breaking his leg mentioned in the Guardian, with regard to the demise of T4 http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2012/dec/14/t4-classic-moments

I love that photo with the sea lion :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love their appearance on the Voice - not the actual programme so much or rather the inordinate amount of adverts, it seemed never ending despite some great vocal performances.

I thought the boys were great value for money as always, very entertaining, charming and able to go along with a joke. It was difficult to see what was happening in the background of the interview on my stream. I wasn't really aware of anything until there were comments on twitter. However, after seeing Lipstick the 'joke' sort of made sense and I don't think it was intended as an insult to the boys.

It was great that the Voice embraced them as pop stars and took them seriously, whilst allowed their personality to show. I wish UK shows would take note. Perhaps the Voice UK is more realistic **flying pig alert** than the X Factor as they're working with the BBC. Hmmmm.......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rosemary wrote: »
    Also Edward breaking his leg mentioned in the Guardian, with regard to the demise of T4 http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2012/dec/14/t4-classic-moments
    I like one of the comments:
    People knock Jedward but finishing a set with a broken leg was consummate professionalism.

About the Voice, in my opinion whatever invitation that comes from a show where they are considered singers/popstars is welcome. They got to sing 2 songs in prime time, they were interviewed... even if it's not a huge country, I'd change this by random TV appearances any day.

I wasn't online during the whole show but seems it's almost as terrrible as the Spanish The Voice where galas last 4 hours... the other day Carly Rae Jepsen was invited and she got to sing her "Call me maybe" at 2AM :eek:
  • SecretPassageSecretPassage Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    I'm sure we would all prefer them to be performing on the Voice USA rather than the Voice Romania, but I sincerely believe thay are on their way up, not washed-up and on their way down (unlike Johnny Logan!)

And one major bonus for performing on the Voice Romania - the audience already knows who they are, even if it is just "Oh, those Eurovision guys with the hair."

The Voice is a internationally recognisable brand. Performing on the Romanian version isn't going to hurt their careers. There are now YouTube clips of the Jeds rocking out on the Voice, there for anyone to watch and be impressed!
  • River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    Poo-smeared ones?

LMAO I like it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pithywitch wrote: »
    JR! You're back! Wooooooo-hoooooo! Glad you're feeling better! :):):):):)

Pithywitch thanks I'm getting better slowly taking each day as it comes

So just popping over her occassionly ATM
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the opposite of Rose Tinted glasses?

Delusional lol

Btw jedward luminous was number two on most tweeted on chart show tv

1, James Arthur impossible 2, jedward luminous 3, one direction little things

But not invited back to preform weirdos
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delusional lol

Well rose tinted glasses are considered delusion but in the positive direction. I was wondering what was the equivalent of negatively delusional glasses......but poo smeared will cover it very nicely. ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Hicksville, Europe' is a contradiction in terms, and we all know it.

Of course I want them to come to America... just like everyone else wants them to come to their own country. There's nothing wrong with that.

I will be very clear here, so there won't be any misunderstanding:

I certainly appreciate Louis taking a chance on J&E, but something happened after ESC2012, and he no longer seems interested in their forward progress. Note that I used the term forward progress and not career... there's a distinction between the two.

In the lead-up to ESC 2012, J&E had done that fantastic 3 advert series. At the time, I had hoped that they would continue to do these high-end adverts. After ESC... no adverts at all.

After ESC2012, zero promo for Young Love... why?

After ESC2012, Butlins... why?

Yes, J&E did Dream Factory and Big Adventure, but these contracts had been signed before ESC.

So forgive me for questioning the EMA's and Romania's Voice... I simply do not put them in the category of forward progress. It's been mentioned that these events are great networking... the only legit networking they've done, in terms of genuine forward progress, was Cavalli.

Please don't think that my opinions are based in negativity towards the twins, because they definitely are not. My opinions are based solely on what I see as either a loss of interest on their management's part or, worse, some weird form of punishment meted out for something that has happened behind the scene.

They only thing that Louis has said openly about J&E in the past few months is that they are doing Panto. No more 'they work so hard', 'they're lovely guys', 'their bank manager is happy', etc. Does this not strike anyone else as strange? :(

I don't think the sky is falling, I think it has already fallen. But this is not a tragedy or the end... it simply means they have to pick up the pieces and glue them back together. If one thinks about it, a cracked sky actually allows in more sunshine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    The kids' show in Belarus is apparently hugely popular there, and I remember seeing a photo of Jedward and the little twiner girls who sang with them on the front cover of a Belarussian magazine.

Hey eurostar

I remember that belarus show where jedward sung lipstick , ghostbusters and everybody etc

But they were brilliant with kids they are certainly have a gift that kids are attracted too maybe their identical twin thing or kids love or maybe it's their sweet loving nature as Louis always says "the kids love them"

Pithywitch I don't thing it's the case of taking everything offered it's more like they are selecting more cautionly
    Or just what they want to do or that floats their boats

Money gives u choices and opinions the twins are multi millionaire

Btw Harry hill was on tv talking about x factor the musical mmmm I wonder if jedwad will be in it he Simon cowell was on board with the x factor musical
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed on our local news that Emile Sande appeared on the Voice Germany, which by the way was won by a British man from Brighton
  • ScheheraSchehera Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the Voice is a really respected TV casting show in germany and very loved by critic, x-factor germany&German Idol don´t get the same respect in germany like The Voice so this is also a point why I find it impressive that J&E were invited to a "The Voice" show even when it was in a small country(Romania) (for me J&E got much credit as popstars there that they were invited to such a show where "the Voice" is important and nothing else)

Nick Howard has won deserved the final show even when he is not from germany http://www.google.de/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&ved=0CEoQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.the-voice-of-germany.de%2Fvideo%2Fclip%2F2048968-nick-howard-unbreakable-1.3468118%2F&ei=zMTMUPKlEouRswbq_4CoAQ&usg=AFQjCNHYuhC1ZIz2xZrWylvaFMJPtw9QcQ&sig2=cFXcfRwhkEz6XHAka5x65w&bvm=bv.1355325884,d.Yms&cad=rja ( he wrote this winner song) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who Am I? wrote: »
    Just noticed on our local news that Emile Sande appeared on the Voice Germany, which by the way was won by a British man from Brighton

Won by a British guy from Brighton! Cool
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well rose tinted glasses are considered delusion but in the positive direction. I was wondering what was the equivalent of negatively delusional glasses......but poo smeared will cover it very nicely. ;)

Watching yourself as a holgram in quick sand And unable to get free or help whilst u go deeper deeper! And watching yourself

Like on scrooge when he is visited by his three ghosts that show him his self but u can view it or not change iat that point until the end
  • AgeOfParanoiaAgeOfParanoia Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Schehera wrote: »
    the Voice is a really respected TV casting show in germany and very loved by critic, x-factor germany&German Idol don´t get the same respect in germany like The Voice so this is also a point why I find it impressive that J&E were invited to a "The Voice" show even when it was in a small country(Romania) (for me J&E got much credit as popstars there that they were invited to such a show where "the Voice" is important and nothing else)

:)
    I also think thaw fact that they were invited to perform on The Voice is a step in the right direction. Just watched the videos and would just say - "eat that, Ceryl Cole/ Michael Buble etc, and all those who did not perform live on their X factor guest slots". You never know, maybe someone at the BBC will want to rub Simon's nose in it and ask them on the next UK series. I remember reading he was (Simon) very annoyed that they got Jessie j as a judge. :D

And have they had another haircut??, it's looking even shorter than the last time I saw it 'up'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just re-watching the performances of lipstick/waterline at Romanian the voice

That's exactly how they deserved to be treated on like the voice uk or x factor uk!

Which other voices or x factor are we hoping to go on next year

Jedward were like moth in its concoon and now the butterfly is started to be revealed to the world

Their new hair is cool
    I like all their hairstyles they are so like it whatever way
    I love and support John and Edward not A hairstyle
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey eurostar

I remember that belarus show where jedward sung lipstick , ghostbusters and everybody etc

But they were brilliant with kids they are certainly have a gift that kids are attracted too maybe their identical twin thing or kids love or maybe it's their sweet loving nature as Louis always says "the kids love them"

Pithywitch I don't thing it's the case of taking everything offered it's more like they are selecting more cautionly
    Or just what they want to do or that floats their boats

Money gives u choices and opinions the twins are multi millionaire

Btw Harry hill was on tv talking about x factor the musical mmmm I wonder if jedwad will be in it he Simon cowell was on board with the x factor musical

Which is why I think they'd make very good children's TV hosts JR. They seem very at home with kids and teenagers and have a natural empathy with them.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda Martin is a guest with Brendan O'Connor right now :

www.rte.ie/live

She says the twins are "unbelievably professional" and she mentioned them being in Romania last night.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think thaw fact that they were invited to perform on The Voice is a step in the right direction. Just watched the videos and would just say - "eat that, Ceryl Cole/ Michael Buble etc, and all those who did not perform live on their X factor guest slots". You never know, maybe someone at the BBC will want to rub Simon's nose in it and ask them on the next UK series. I remember reading he was (Simon) very annoyed that they got Jessie j as a judge. :D

Another thing in favour of the Voice - just like the X Factor is affiliated with Sony, the Voice is affiliated with Universal records. I think that's partly why the Jeds got the Romanian gig. So being Universal artists, they'd be much more likely to get a performance gig on a Voice than an X Factor.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

www.rte.ie/live

She says the twins are "unbelievably professional" and she mentioned them being in Romania last night.

OK...I forgive her a teeny tiny bit then!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another thing in favour of the Voice - just like the X Factor is affiliated with Sony, the Voice is affiliated with Universal records. I think that's partly why the Jeds got the Romanian gig. So being Universal artists, they'd be much more likely to get a performance gig on a Voice than an X Factor.

Aaaaah, hence the thanks universal tweet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    t

Secret passage this is very true universal of each country signs the winner

Eurostar I agree with what u said but they are alot more than say dick & Dom , Sam & Mark

Kids presenting is just a small part of them I think they would be unfulfilled being just cbbc star presenters but with that cbbc shows are great presenting apprenticeships

Many current mainstream presening stars served their apprenticeship of kids tv

Holly & fearne Etc can't be bothered lising them all
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because I'm a geek, I've been looking at the 22 acts who performed on the UK X Factor live shows this year, particularly what record label they're all signed to.

Syco/Sony
    Seven of the performers were signed to Syco (eg Leona Lewis, One Direction, Olly Murs). In fact, the only ex-X Factor Syco act not to perform was Cher Lloyd (who performed on the US X Factor!). Four of the acts were signed to Sony, and three of these were American stars (eg Pink, Kelly Clarkson).

Universal
    Seven of the artists were signed to Universal. Some of these had a connection with the show (eg Tulisa, Ne-Yo, Robbie Williams), others were major international pop stars (eg Taylor Swift, Rihanna).

Misc
    Three others were signed to Warner (eg Ed Sheeran), and Kylie is signed to Parlophone.

Number ones
    18 of the 22 acts had enjoyed a number one single in the UK, usually multiple number ones.

Conclusion
    When you look at the sorts of acts who perform on the X Factor live shows, it's not surprising that the Jeds haven't made the cut. To do it, they'd either have to be signed to Syco records, be a major international pop star with several number one singles in the UK, or have some sort of strong assocation with the X Factor (a judge or guest mentor). So there's no vast conspiracy keeping the Jeds from performing on the X Factor. When Taylor Swift or Kylie or Rihanna are available, of course the show's producer is going to pick those major stars over lesser known ones. :)
  • rosemaryrosemary Posts: 11,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

www.rte.ie/live

She's redeemed herself a bit, maybe I won't boo her (much) at panto now :D
This discussion has been closed.