The DS Eurovision Rehersal Discussiuon Thread [Spoilers]

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    DamienS wrote: »
    They haven't really changed the graphics, just the colour? The last few years have been stored similarly

Yes, it looks like they're using the same software, just with the new colour scheme.
  • alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    LOOOOOOOOOOL at 22 minutes when YOHIO is on his phone.

edit: what the bloody hell happened to scott in the end?
  • Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good to see Anouk did sing in the rehearsal as true to her diva form she was only artist who didn't take part in the opening flag parade. :D She must be hating all this. ;) Having said this I think she's going to do a Raphael Gualazzi with the juries and then with reasonable televotes, you never know.........

Those opening lines for Bonnie were always a worry with me but she'd been solid in recent performances.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Good to see Anouk did sing in the rehearsal as true to her diva form she was only artist who didn't take part in the opening flag parade. :D She must be hating all this. ;) Having said this I think she's going to do a Raphael Gualazzi with the juries and then with reasonable televotes, you never know.........

Those opening lines for Bonnie were always a worry with me but she'd been solid in recent performances.

Her, Marco and Amandine all seem mortified to be there (Amandine has been an uncooperative diva according to some bloggers, but they may be biased!)

I have to love Our Bonnie, who despite being the biggest name, has thrown herself into everything with gusto!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her, Marco and Amandine all seem mortified to be there (Amandine has been an uncooperative diva according to some bloggers, but they may be biased!)

I have to love Our Bonnie, who despite being the biggest name, has thrown herself into everything with gusto!

I'd read that about Amandine although it seems more a case of being overwhelmed but I noticed in that SVT backstage show after last nights rehearsals you could see her in the background being photographed with the likes of Bonnie and Krista with the French flag but this could be some late attempt by her delegation to counteract the image going round, call me cynical.;)
  • djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really worried about Ryan now. I don't want to see Ireland in right hand side of the scoreboard. Was he really that bad?
  • guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member

I do love Bonnie's attitude to it all but part of me also loves Anouk and Amandine's, guess I'm just drawn to those who look constantly miserable :D.

I admire Anouk's attitude actually, she came into the thing knowing exactly what she wanted, she had a vision for her song/performance and stuck with it. We could do with someone like her next year.
  • ollie1004ollie1004 Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do we still have no video/audio of Bonnie's jury rehearsal? Really infuriated me last night, Escxtra went down for me during Romania and the UK. I have no idea fr myself how she actually sounded!
  • KozmicBluesKozmicBlues Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Bonnie's jury final performance is here! You'll have to get past Cascada first though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKTo-SskNl8
  • alwaysanigel247alwaysanigel247 Posts: 6,360
    Forum Member
    quite lucky they have cut this from the show! Daily Mail would have gone into meltdown using the word f*ck in a live broadcast http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/article16796223.ab
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR8ndaIdjUU

IS this it? It says final jury performance?
  • KozmicBluesKozmicBlues Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ollie1004 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR8ndaIdjUU

IS this it? It says final jury performance?

Don't think so as there's not so much applause :D

The link I posted is the jury final, but it doesn't have great sound.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't think so as there's not so much applause :D

The link I posted is the jury final, but it doesn't have great sound.

FABULOUS! Finally I get to see it for myself haha! Thanks for posting Kozmic. :D

So... what were you ALL worrying about? This sounds grand to me, and the audience reaction is superb!
  • penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, Bonnie's jury final performance is here! You'll have to get past Cascada first though:

Fine, the first minute is a tad muted
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, it's here! You'll have to get past Cascada first though:

:D nothing to worry about then she puts on a great show and knew how to work the crowd
  • contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member
    FABULOUS! Finally I get to see it for myself haha! Thanks for posting Kozmic. :D

So... what were you ALL worrying about? This sounds grand to me, and the audience reaction is superb!

The dodgy audio hides a multitude of sins...and we were hearing 2nd hand audio off the broadcasted audio that the juries will hear...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Problem with the british press and bloggers is that all week they have been saying Tyler has been superb, on the video above it sounds amazing still. Smacks me as people getting excuses in for her already. The fans are behind her from all over Europe the song is very well constructed, Lyrics are great. Whatever happens this evening, Bonnie has gone about representing the UK in the right way. Has engaged with people, has not belittled the contest and generally has got stuck into the little light hearted, quirky side of the contest. Even before she has sung this evening, I think a lot of the European press have been surprised at this change of attitude from the UK delegation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    contejas wrote: »
    The dodgy audio hides a multitude of sins...and we were hearing 2nd hand audio off the broadcasted audio that the juries will hear...

Once again nit-picking to the extreme.
    cookieshop wrote: »
    Problem with the british press and bloggers is that all week they have been saying Tyler has been superb, on the video above it sounds amazing still. Smacks me as people getting excuses in for her already. The fans are behind her from all over Europe the song is very well constructed, Lyrics are great. Whatever happens this evening, Bonnie has gone about representing the UK in the right way. Has engaged with people, has not belittled the contest and generally has got stuck into the little light hearted, quirky side of the contest. Even before she has sung this evening, I think a lot of the European press have been surprised at this change of attitude from the UK delegation.

Agreed. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    report from the final dress rehearsal

"And Bonnie Tyler for the UK now. Good vocals and good performance, could she end up doing better than Engelbert did last year?"

http://escxtra.com/2013/05/3rd-dress-rehearsal-for-the-final/
    Forum Member
    Once again nit-picking to the extreme.

You say nit-picking I say others are iron overing...

I ironed over Blue's Jury performance ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One's nit-picking is another's iron overing...;)

I ironed over Blue's Jury performance ;)

Blue's performances from the get go were poor even in the early rehearsals there was always something wrong with the performance. Bonnie's has been consistently good, reason to be optimistic of not coming stone cold last.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what a lovely crowd reaction.
    Totally agree with other posters no matter what she scores she has done the UK proud.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Marconi would've given up if that had been the sound quality of his first transmission. ;) We learn nothing.
    Forum Member
    Blue's performances from the get go were poor even in the early rehearsals there was always something wrong with the performance. Bonnie's has been consistently good, reason to be optimistic of not coming stone cold last.

I don't expect her to come stone cold last -- even with that performance -- I am expecting a charge towards the middle at the very least -- but with that performance that's where it may well be halted -- I'd love to be wrong that the jury rehearsal was below par on a vocal level but I'm not going to sugar coat it or that the vocals don't matter for a song that needs Bonnie's voice to perform in order to be taken notice of...:)
  • StephenHKentStephenHKent Posts: 1,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I believe Blue were arrogant and did not believe they needed to bother practising and rehearsing. Whereas in fact they were among the weaker vocalists and stage performers. So a song that was good enough to be in the top3 was let down. With Bonnie, my fear is that her voice is fabulous for a recording artist, but, in a live show and at 61,she has neither range or power. Singers from, for example, Russia and Moldova will blow her out of the water. But Believe in Me is a very good song.