Options

Flash Mob 2014??

2»

Comments

• Options
    AmSalt12AmSalt12 Posts: 4,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have booked to see Flash mob so I guess will have to get the money back. A shame for them and the other dancers. Am not aware of James doing a theatre show - not very pleasant if he's been giving bad comments to them, shows what he is really like.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AmSalt12 wrote: »
    I have booked to see Flash mob so I guess will have to get the money back. A shame for them and the other dancers. Am not aware of James doing a theatre show - not very pleasant if he's been giving bad comments to them, shows what he is really like.

I booked too - called ATG who deal with Birmingham Alexandra tickets today and they have no knowledge of the tour being cancelled :confused: I was told to call back tomorrow as they may have had notification from the theatre that the tour has been cancelled and until they have that notification they cant issue refunds
  • Options
    ceeveepeeceeveepee Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Shame to hear the tour has been cancelled. I saw it in Salford a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I went in open minded, not sure what to expect and it was much better than I thought it could be. I was there mainly for Kevin and Karen, who were both fantastic as expected, but liked the other dancers much more than I thought I would.
  • Options
    SaraV1308SaraV1308 Posts: 9,760
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    Really showing his true colours by posting that karma quote - glad he thinks he is funny because I sure dont! Laughing at others misfortune is not a nice trait to have and James needs to remember that karma can come and bite him in the arse too and I really hope it does and soon - pathetic, horrible man that he is

Nope, the only tours that James has done are the Strictly Tour and the Pro Tour, as far as I know the only pros that headline their own very successful tours are Anton and Erin, Pasha and Katya, Darren and Lilia and Brendan

You have forgotten probably the most successful touring Strictly pros - Vincent and Flavia ....:confused:;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SaraV1308 wrote: »
    You have forgotten probably the most successful touring Strictly pros - Vincent and Flavia ....:confused:;-)

Not deliberately, sorry :blush: how could I have forgotten V&F
  • Options
    *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really showing his true colours by posting that karma quote - glad he thinks he is funny because I sure dont! Laughing at others misfortune is not a nice trait to have and James needs to remember that karma can come and bite him in the arse too and I really hope it does and soon - pathetic, horrible man that he is

Nope, the only tours that James has done are the Strictly Tour and the Pro Tour, as far as I know the only pros that headline their own very successful tours are Anton and Erin, Pasha and Katya, Darren and Lilia and Brendan
    Thanks I thought he hadn't. So basically he's sneering at them for trying and not quite succeeding at something that he hasn't even been able to attempt yet!

I've only managed to get to see my favs Vincent and Flavia in their own show - I've seen them perform twice in Midnight Tango but I haven't managed to see their new show yet. I'd like more of the pros perform in their own shows particularly wanted to see Pasha/Katya and Brendan's shows too but it's difficult for me to work out when I can go.
  • Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    Thanks I thought he hadn't. So basically he's sneering at them for trying and not quite succeeding at something that he hasn't even been able to attempt yet!

I've only managed to get to see my favs Vincent and Flavia in their own show - I've seen them perform twice in Midnight Tango but I haven't managed to see their new show yet. I'd like more of the pros perform in their own shows particularly wanted to see Pasha/Katya and Brendan's shows too but it's difficult for me to work out when I can go.

YESSS! Nice point re: James, who seems to be living up to his backstage reputation, alas. Good news is the Vincent/Flavia show is heading for a big London run and it sounds even BETTER than their 'Midnight Tango'. Fingers crossed you can see it/it'll be DVD'd later. x
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »

absolutely! The show was successful in London just the tour didnt quite work, which is a shame

Ive seen Midnight Tango too but not the new one and I have seen Brendans tour a few times - he is busy planning a brand new show for 2015 which I am excited to see - I hope you manage to get to see a few more shows

I love the pro shows - I think they are better than the tours etc as you can actually get up close and personal with them after the show, something I have never been able to do at the tours
  • Options
    Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    Another tour which has been pulled early today is FAME... Also due to poor ticket sales.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s27skc
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dilly 1 wrote: »
    Another tour which has been pulled early today is FAME... Also due to poor ticket sales.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s27skc

oh dear, what a shame - maybe people just dont have the spare cash for theatre tickets these days......... they are not cheap really are they
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh dear, what a shame - maybe people just dont have the spare cash for theatre tickets these days......... they are not cheap really are they
    Am also pondering this, along with Unexpectedly Decent Weather, but when I was touring [dahhhlink], we were always shocked that the BEST ticket sales directly after a London run were in the London Suburbs, whereas [Manchester apart] the Provinces didnt want to know. Stranger still, our 2 biggest Sudden sell-out perfs were in Winchester during 2 days when entire area was Snowed In [everyone stayed home from work so felt it was an opportunity to visit the theatre??] and in London during the Poll Tax Riots where our 33% bookings for 2 shows Saturday rocketed to Full Houses/standing spaces due to 'on the day footfall' customers!! [We figured they came up to town to look at the riots, then decided they may as well take in a light Comedy show!!] Bizarre.
    Very sad, since Live Shows are absolutely magical--esp when it's Big Actors/people you've loved off TV, etc who've actually BOTHERED to shlepp out to your area IN THE FLESH and waste THEIR real lives & energy trying to please YOU--LIVE-- in the same ROOM!! Magic!
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Putting in my two pence worth here !

I have been to see both of V&F's shows (brilliant :D ).... all of Pasha & Katya's shows ( doh :p) & also been to see lovely Anton..... although I was more taken by Summer than Anton.... but that's a different story...Only reason I haven't seen Brendan on tour yet is because of the dates & other commitments... but I hope to remedy it next year ... :D

I enjoyed Kevin's goofiness last year & would definitely consider seeing him on a latin ballroom tour of his own if the tickets were not exorbitantly priced ... :p
    But ever since it was announced I have not had a bit of interest in watching the Flashmob gig..... I have no doubt it is a fantastic show as attested by all attendees but I don't like all the modern hiphop sort ... and unless there is something/someone I have already admired before I wouldn't pay to go & see a show like this.... I was never sure where Flashmobtour stood cause although they were promoting KK as headliners it was much more than that... Down in London there's lot of people w/ different tastes ... so it sold well.... but out in the periphery I suspect people are more selective & want to know more about what they are paying to go & see ... and Flashmob was never very clear who they were targeting.... yes ' a show for everyone' it might be ... but were they the right target audience for an untested show to tour the whole country ... I think promoters miscalculated & the show paid the price .... I hope KK do a ballroom latin tour... I will definitely go & see them... :)

As for silly people ranting on twitter ... I don't have anything to say else apart from... Karma works both ways ... ;):p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pashulty wrote: »
    Putting in my two pence worth here !

I have been to see both of V&F's shows (brilliant :D ).... all of Pasha & Katya's shows ( doh :p) & also been to see lovely Anton..... although I was more taken by Summer than Anton.... but that's a different story...Only reason I haven't seen Brendan on tour yet is because of the dates & other commitments... but I hope to remedy it next year ... :D

I enjoyed Kevin's goofiness last year & would definitely consider seeing him on a latin ballroom tour of his own if the tickets were not exorbitantly priced ... :p
    But ever since it was announced I have not had a bit of interest in watching the Flashmob gig..... I have no doubt it is a fantastic show as attested by all attendees but I don't like all the modern hiphop sort ... and unless there is something/someone I have already admired before I wouldn't pay to go & see a show like this.... I was never sure where Flashmobtour stood cause although they were promoting KK as headliners it was much more than that... Down in London there's lot of people w/ different tastes ... so it sold well.... but out in the periphery I suspect people are more selective & want to know more about what they are paying to go & see ... and Flashmob was never very clear who they were targeting.... yes ' a show for everyone' it might be ... but were they the right target audience for an untested show to tour the whole country ... I think promoters miscalculated & the show paid the price .... I hope KK do a ballroom latin tour... I will definitely go & see them... :)

As for silly people ranting on twitter ... I don't have anything to say else apart from... Karma works both ways ... ;):p:D
    Great input--I DO feel it's all about Identifying your 'market' with dance, and this seemed too much of a mish-mash of styles for most [though maybe one of the K&K's is a big enough turn-off for the GBP not to want to fork out to see?]. The Ballroom/Latin tour idea is definitely the Way To Go, plus--judging by Kevin's REAL understanding of Hollywood/ Broadway Musicals on Strictly--some pizzazz Classic Musical-type showpieces would appeal to all markets and excitingly display magnificent, inspiring Dance magic better.