Help needed with Netflix streaming

Hi guys,

After twelve years of great service, my old Sony TV finally blew last week and I ended up buying a new style of tv,
I believe it is LED and I am delighted with the picture...however, sound is not so good and wondering if I might need to buy speakers?

Anyhow, my main query is that I have had a Netflix movies subscription for a while and I have had to watch online.

However, my new TV is 'smart' and the installation guy connected my broadband router to it and a big menu came up. It is a Sharp Aqueos TV and it does seem to provide BBC iplayer, but I cannot see how I can stream my Netflix onto the TV...do I need to buy more equipment to watch my Netflix movies on my actual new TV, or is there a way to do it that I, as a non-techy am missing?:rolleyes:

Advise needed please!

Comments

• Deacon1972Deacon1972 Posts: 8,171
    Forum Member
    This was the answer given to the same question by someone else.

Providing your TV includes Netflix....

>> Turn the TV on then hit menu >> Go to My apps menu >> Select Netflix >> Sign in with your username and password >> Take note of the code >> Go to your computer and login to netflix.com/activate and type in the code to activate. >> Go back to the TV select finish to start the service.

Hope it helps....
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    If the tv doesn't have a Netflix app then if your computer/laptop has a HDMI output then you can connect that to the tv via HDMI.
    Otherwise you'd need to purchase a new device that has Netflix to connect to the tv.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    If the tv doesn't have a Netflix app then if your computer/laptop has a HDMI output then you can connect that to the tv via HDMI.
    Otherwise you'd need to purchase a new device that has Netflix to connect to the tv.

My new tv doesn't have Netflix, ITV Player or Demand 4 in its 'smart' menu.

At the moment, the engineer just connected the back of my router to the new tv with an Ethernet cable. My laptop has aall the HDMI ports, etc...

So, it looks like I need to buy a separate streaming box like Roku, if I wish to view Netflix on the tv screen. Hmmm. Wish I had realised this extra expense would be needed BEFORE I PURCHASED the set! :confused::o
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does the TV have Aquos Net+? It seems to be the way you get Apps onto the TV but I'm stuffed if I can find what is available.