Options

MacBook & Apple ID setup problems

c4rvc4rv Posts: 29,621
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm trying to help my neighbor who has purchased a new MacBook Pro.

So he has created an Apple ID using his existing xxxx@btinternet.com e-mail account and different password than his e-mail. Got a verification request for that account which he did via a webmail on a spare PC. All well and good so far.

However when he tries to setup the Mail app on his new macbook, it connects to his Apple e-mail. I tried adding add a new account using xxxx@btinternet.com, even added BT IMAP settings but it keeps saying the ID is already in use ????

The only way he can get to his e-mail at the moment is through webmail, not ideal.

Any ideas ? If I try to create a new Apple ID it says that it must be an e-mail address that you can send the verification e-mail to which doesn't make sense if you don't have e-mail to begin with.

Comments

• Options
    boardboyboardboy Posts: 262
    Forum Member
    c4rv wrote: »
    I'm trying to help my neighbor who has purchased a new MacBook Pro.

So he has created an Apple ID using his existing xxxx@btinternet.com e-mail account and different password than his e-mail. Got a verification request for that account which he did via a webmail on a spare PC. All well and good so far.

However when he tries to setup the Mail app on his new macbook, it connects to his Apple e-mail. I tried adding add a new account using xxxx@btinternet.com, even added BT IMAP settings but it keeps saying the ID is already in use ????

The only way he can get to his e-mail at the moment is through webmail, not ideal.

Any ideas ? If I try to create a new Apple ID it says that it must be an e-mail address that you can send the verification e-mail to which doesn't make sense if you don't have e-mail to begin with.

You need to remove the mail account for the Apple ID, in accounts on the mail app, then it wont complain