Options

Karen - Urrrgh!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,437
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm so sick of seeing Karen screwing her face up while the judges are delivering their feedback

Interesting to see that Robin challenged her comments tonight after Vanilla Ice performed

I just wish they'd keep her as a coach instead of this 'mother hen' perching at the side of the ring thing they have going on

Comments

• Options
    don robertodon roberto Posts: 498
    Forum Member
    Well she has more credibility than the judges apart from Robin so she knows what skating is about! I'm not impressed with what ITV seem to be doing with DOI this year, all that nonsense at the start of tonights show when the judges were filmed talking "hard". Sensationalism gone mad! Less said about Jason the better!::yawn:
  • Options
    Daisy19Daisy19 Posts: 3,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to get rid of Karen and fast, what on earth is she doing there, she's not a judge anymore so she should just stick to coaching. Hollys comments are getting worse also, wish she'd shut her cakehole aswell :rolleyes:
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,357
    Forum Member
    It doesn;t work. I would rather she is was a judge, it is pointless her being on the live show now. T&D did the mentoring speech,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Saying that Emma is stll more pointless
  • Options
    daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    I think she comes across as a bit of a chav this series actually.
    I'd rather see her on the panel than Emma though.
  • Options
    Dark GlassesDark Glasses Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Can someone explain to me why she is in this new role? its bizare. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    She's the milf :o
  • Options
    INSOMNIA56INSOMNIA56 Posts: 861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's cringeworthy, same as it was on Strictly Dance Fever, can't remember the coaches names on there, her presence serves no purpose get shot of her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I still wish she dressed like Queen amadala from Star Wars like she did is series one,
  • Options
    TalullahmayTalullahmay Posts: 5,962
    Forum Member
    I don't get it either, What exactly is her Role now apart from Coaching?....Emma Let's not even discuss her Least Said about her the Better Imho...:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get it either, What exactly is her Role now apart from Coaching?....Emma Let's not even discuss her Least Said about her the Better Imho...:)

Chris's VBF :o
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    she's going with CD so they're just making a job for her.

i still think it was a huge mistake getting rid of nicky:mad:
  • Options
    Tiger RoseTiger Rose Posts: 11,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Karen's role works but she should be back on panel rather than got rid of. Bunton is doing my head in more & more each week. She's just utterly pointless.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GerriP wrote: »
    I just wish they'd keep her as a coach instead of this 'mother hen' perching at the side of the ring thing they have going on

Me too.
    Karen wants to see the programme concentrate on the skating and two of the fame hungry judges are not even ex-skaters.
    It is annoying to see camera shots of her face when watching and listening to the judges.
    Karen should remain as a coach and get back on that panel of judges asap. I don't like seeing her upset.
    She doesn't see Jason's comments as humourous and I think she is right some of the time.
    For example, Chloe is a young woman and was told that her bottom stuck out like a babboon's. That is not going to do much for Chloe's confidence.
    I would like Karen and Nicky back on the panel of judges.
    In the first series Ruthie Henshall was on the panel and she was as irrelevant as Jason and Emma, but they got rid of her.
  • Options
    *Wysiwyg**Wysiwyg* Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm so sick of seeing Karen screwing her face up while the judges are delivering their feedback

Interesting to see that Robin challenged her comments tonight after Vanilla Ice performed

Totally agree with you.

If Karen wants to be able to comment on the performances she should have stayed as a judge and given up the coaching.

If she wants to be the head coach, mother hen, whatever, she should stay in the background.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrsSpoon wrote: »
    For example, Chloe is a young woman and was told that her bottom stuck out like a babboon's. That is not going to do much for Chloe's confidence.
    Give the young woman a bit more credit. She understood what Jason was saying and laughed about it. The comment was about her posture, and what she did with her bottom, not her actual bottom.

By treating her like an adult and giving her proper, honest advice in a way that communicates the idea simply and effectively is much more respectful than glossing over her short-comings because she's young.

I'm sure it will be something she works on this week, and will give a better performance next week as a result.

There's no point in complainin about Jason not being a skating expert if you won't acknowlege he is a dance expert. He knows about posture and it's clearly a term he has used over the years in his choreography work.
  • Options
    super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone explain to me why she is in this new role? its bizare. :confused:

Cos she is dating Christopher Dean!!
  • Options
    SpeedyWalkerSpeedyWalker Posts: 215
    Forum Member

Yes, it is so obviously staged - her face shows anger when Jason speaks - all rehearsed.
  • Options
    MaestraMaestra Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do wish the producer would stop cutting to Karen whenever Jason says anything remotely critical - it's so engineered, please stop it!!!
  • Options
    SlaterSlater Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maestra wrote: »
    I do wish the producer would stop cutting to Karen whenever Jason says anything remotely critical - it's so engineered, please stop it!!!

I find they only ask for Karen's comments after Jason has said something harsh