The Big Reunion - ITV2 next Thursday

Comments

• OrdinaryMorningOrdinaryMorning Posts: 2,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimi123456 wrote: »
    I mean when Lou left Eternal, the group just didn't do that well as the hottie had gone.

That is probably the most stupid comment i've read on this website. Eternal were a hell of a lot more successful after Louise left the group! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pre orderd my tickets for the show :) Really excited for Bewitched and 5ive im going to have to get listening to some stuff from the other bands so i can sing badly along :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a HUGE Honeyz fan back in the day:D
    It is very disappointing to see that Naima didn't join the reunion though:( She never really sang but she brought the sexy factor and the tabloids loved her so she helped bring publicity to the group. She more than served her purpose!

But the whole issue about Heavenli and Celena not meeting up in twelve years is pure BS. Heavenli, Celena and Naima performed together on that show "Hit Me One More Time" just 2/3 years ago. I wish that was mentioned instead of trying to deceive the viewers:rolleyes:

Anyway, their meeting was so awkward for poor Marianna:o
    Celena barely acknowledged her at all and just focused on Heavenli. You can already tell they'll struggle to last the length of the tour:o
  • Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved last night's show. It's so strange listening to music from different bands and having no idea about the fights, bitchiness etc that goes on behind the scenes!

I hadn't heard of the Honeyz before the show, but all the comebacks and splits were very confusing last night! Heavenli seems a bit strange, Celena seems nice and I did feel sorry for her when she said she was upset and Marianna seems nice as well - must have been awkward for her at the meeting (it didn't help when she said awkward out loud though)

It's unbelievable how fast B*Witched went down hill - going sexy was definitely the wrong thing to do. It did seem out of the blue for their label to drop them - they got them 4 #1s and a platinum album and then they're dropped? They should've been given a chance with the third album. Lindsay is my favourite - she seems lovely,
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Did you notice the bit when the Honeyz were in New York and Naima started singing New York New York? Celena winced and stuck her finger in her ear!!!
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anyone else going to be trying for tickets at 9?
  • mimi123456mimi123456 Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Another Level? They were quite big in the 90s!
  • heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Odd that the B*witched sisters should pretend that they haven't worked with each other since the group folded :confused:

No mention then of their cooperation in the Barbarellas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9-7udfoCNE
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my tickets :)
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my tickets for Newcastle! :D Same block from when I saw B*Witched in 1999 ha! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Hello everyone!

The Big Reunion on ITV2 has got everyone talking, but what did ITV2 not us?

Read my revealing blog about my cousin Celena & her hit 90's girl band, Honeyz!

It's certainly causing a bit of a buzz! :-)

Click this link to be redirected:
    www.leahcharlesking.co.uk

I hope you enjoy reading it & feel free to forward and repost.

Thanks!

#bigreunion #honeyz #itv2
    Forum Member
    Makson wrote: »
    It is very disappointing to see that Naima didn't join the reunion though:( She never really sang but she brought the sexy factor and the tabloids loved her so she helped bring publicity to the group. She more than served her purpose!

Celena barely acknowledged her at all and just focused on Heavenli. You can already tell they'll struggle to last the length of the tour:o

I hear what you're saying about Naima being tabloid fodder but I wouldn't go so far as to say she served her purpose well whilst in the band, especially as she could be a right Diva!

Celena wasn't ignoring Mariamma. Infact they have always kept in touch and see each other regularly when they do Honeyz gigs. So quite rightly Celena's focus was on Heavenli.

Want to know the REAL truth? Read my revealing blog about my first cousin Celena & her girl band, Honeyz from my first hand experience.

Click this link to be redirected:
    www.leahcharlesking.co.uk

I hope you enjoy reading it & feel free to forward and repost.

#bigreunion #honeyz #itv2
    Forum Member
    I'm loving The Big Reunion -
    I'm really looking forwardH to next week. I was a huge fan of the Honeyz and always felt they were really underrated. I was surprised to read somewhere that the girls had only agreed to reform if Naima wasn't part of the group. I always thought Heavenli was the problem, so was shocked to read this.

If you want to know the real truth about Naima and why she didn't join the Big Reunion line up, read my blog on my cousin Celena - lead singer of the Honeyz and what really went down! www.leahcharlesking.co.uk
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lulu25 wrote: »
    Heavenli really annoys me! Can't put my finger on why!
    She doesn't annoy me but she seems very cold at a moment where there was a lot of emotion involved. I was pleasantly surprised that she 'seemed' to be wiping a tear when she had an arm around Celena, perhaps she finally got how distressed her actions made someone else feel.
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Since when was Oona King in Honeyz?
    You know I was wondering who the heck does she resemble!! I think you got it right there lol :p
    Why was Naima banned? The Honeyz are left with a bunch of munters (well not very pretty anyway). Naima always was the sexy one! How come it says banned and Celena said she didn't want to re join?

Was Mariamma talking about Naima sitting on her boyfriends lap? She didn't mention a name. I'm confused.

It was really funny when Celena was talking about the future of the group in the hotel. For crying out loud girl, it's only a few gigs and then it's back to your day job love! I think the Honeyz are probably the least popular group in the lineup.

Heavenli is mean saying Naima can't sing. She brought all the sex appeal. If it wasn't for Naima, I doubt they would have had any success at all. I mean when Lou left Eternal, the group just didn't do that well as the hottie had gone.
    Someone has said earlier in this thread that it was a condition that two of the 'current' Honeyz imposed that Naima was not involved in this reunion. I do agree that Naima was the prettiest IMO but the others are attractive too - no way would I think they're 'munters'!! That said Naima's looks wasn't what brought the group's success; if that was all it took, the group wouldn't have to sing at all if that was all it took!
    I thought Mariamma was talking about Naima too. Considering this and that Heavenli didn't like the fact that Naima couldn't sing, it sounds as if Naima was a diva and I could understand if they were the two people who didn't want her there for the reunion. And IMO Louise wasn't the 'hottest' in Eternal. :)
    shanders wrote: »
    Did you notice the bit when the Honeyz were in New York and Naima started singing New York New York? Celena winced and stuck her finger in her ear!!!
    I did the same too, if there was ever proof that Naima couldn't sing, that was it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    Someone has said earlier in this thread that it was a condition that two of the 'current' Honeyz imposed that Naima was not involved in this reunion. I do agree that Naima was the prettiest IMO but the others are attractive too - no way would I think they're 'munters'!! That said Naima's looks wasn't what brought the group's success; if that was all it took, the group wouldn't have to sing at all if that was all it took!

Fair points from you and I agree.

Naima was the Honeyz for us when we were younger. She was the hot one and I guess we were never really bothered about singing ability. I guess everyone looks at things differently.

I didn't like how Mariamma and Heavenli threw shade on Naima when she was not there to defend herself. I mean it's a bit like some of 5 disrespecting J. Had he have been there, it would have different as we would have heard his views.

I feel very sorry for Celena. The hotel interview made it sound like she thought the band was going to be around for a long time to come. I thought it was just a reunion with the chance of a gig or three? I doubt it will be long before either Heavenli or Mariamma walk out again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    I never knew the Bewitched twins were related to Shane Lynch! Weird.
    They're really the only band in this reunion which were part of my childhood as they were more late nineties. I still know most of the words to C'est la vie even after all this time lol that's scary! :)
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to know the real truth about Naima and why she didn't join the Big Reunion line up, read my blog on my cousin Celena - lead singer of the Honeyz and what really went down! www.leahcharlesking.co.uk

You were in Kleshay?!:eek:
    I loved "Rush" back in the day...still a choon:D

Anyway, it is disappointing to read about Naima. I always thought she was a sweet girl despite lacking vocal ability.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, it is disappointing to read about Naima. I always thought she was a sweet girl despite lacking vocal ability.

I think what you read in the blog was biased. I am sure Naima would be made out to be a saint if it was one of her cousins/friends writing a blog.

So Naima was a stroppy diva and Heavenli is insincere, which leaves Celena as being super wonderful. Hmmmm. I don't buy that at all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So I remember the Honeyz but had forgotten they had that many songs! I also had no idea someone decided to make B*Witched 'sexy' and i'd never heard of that last song of theirs

This was also probably my favourite episode yet. I like the admissions of 'yeah, her mic was turned off' or 'they wanted me as a lead singer'

I'm sure i read on here the same people behind this produced Steps reunion and you can tell, especially during the Honeyz bit at the end. Celena even appeared to be reading Lisa Scott-Lee's script about 'i still don't know after 10 years why she decided to just leave' :D
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found it quite amusing that heavenli was slating naima for her singing yes she was a poor singer.
    Was heavenli wasn't that great she was good at harmonies but I doubt she would would have been strong enough to sing lead maybe she has improved since I don't know.
    They should do a second series with eternal,s club,another level & cleopatra.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Where is Another Level? They were quite big in the 90s!

LOL,,,Dane Bowers was big in the 90's,,,did he ever lose the weight:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sparkle22 wrote: »
    I found it quite amusing that heavenli was slating naima for her singing yes she was a poor singer.
    Was heavenli wasn't that great she was good at harmonies but I doubt she would would have been strong enough to sing lead maybe she has improved since I don't know.
    They should do a second series with eternal,s club,another level & cleopatra.

Hell yeah. Cleopatra comin' atcha! LOL.

Maybe get the Corrs in on it too.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    Loved last night's show. It's so strange listening to music from different bands and having no idea about the fights, bitchiness etc that goes on behind the scenes!

I hadn't heard of the Honeyz before the show, but all the comebacks and splits were very confusing last night! Heavenli seems a bit strange, Celena seems nice and I did feel sorry for her when she said she was upset and Marianna seems nice as well - must have been awkward for her at the meeting (it didn't help when she said awkward out loud though)

It's unbelievable how fast B*Witched went down hill - going sexy was definitely the wrong thing to do. It did seem out of the blue for their label to drop them - they got them 4 #1s and a platinum album and then they're dropped? They should've been given a chance with the third album. Lindsay is my favourite - she seems lovely,

The second album didn't do as well as the first. The first single reached 4 and the second 16. The label probably put a lot of money into the project and made very little back.
  • MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But the whole issue about Heavenli and Celena not meeting up in twelve years is pure BS. Heavenli, Celena and Naima performed together on that show "Hit Me One More Time" just 2/3 years ago. I wish that was mentioned instead of trying to deceive the viewers:rolleyes:

Yep, and here's the performance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALLxXCqcxD8
  • pete137pete137 Posts: 18,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This show is a complete whitewash of lies. Making out the Honeyz had'nt seen each other in 12 years is a blatant lie when they peformed together just a couple of years ago on tv. Also the B*Witched twins tried a comeback on their own just 2 years ago but flopped - watching the show last night you would be led to believe the sisters had never spoken in a decade.

Also Atomic Kitten have reformed numerous times over the years but this also has been completely ignored to the viewer.

What a load of old tosh.