What do you hate about Asda etc ?

Comments

• manickangaroomanickangaroo Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angela F wrote: »
    Something else which irritates me is when the shelf stackers decide to park their trollies in the EXACT spot where I need something off the shelf and then decide to b*gger off!

Oh I just push them a bit further away.
  • snukrsnukr Posts: 19,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's so much, they quite often have run out of stuff which I want and may have been the only reason I went there. :mad: All of the self service checkouts at the end of the store I want to leave from are quite often not working. :mad: Screaming little brats running around. :mad: People of all ages go to Asda yet the music they play is suited to a young persons store, I do not want to listen to rap/hip hop in a supermarket, the music should be something in the background which is barely noticable. :mad: If there is a problem with one of the self service checkouts such as it not giving you your change you have to wait fifteen minutes for someone to come and sort it. :mad:
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    The fact it's my place of work.
  • biscuitfactorybiscuitfactory Posts: 29,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The local asda here has installed more self service tills. The security staff not watch everyone like prison warders.

Hey Asda. You are a supermarket, not a borstal.

We have no desire to steel your horse meat lasagne or three pounds clothes made in Bangladesh by people earning 30p an hour.

By the same token I'd just like to say ( as one of those "prison warders" who works on self scan) that I am not trying to memorise your pin number.
    You don't have to look round and give me evils just before you put your number in.
    What do you think I'm going to do..run after you,clonk you on the head and nick your card to use in conjunction with the pin I've seen you putting in from 10 feet away with my superhuman sight?
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't go in there for reasons given above (basically, my grandad would haunt me).

But I have often wondered what George is doing in ASDA?
  • F2kSelF2kSel Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got to say I hate the loose carrots they're always half eaten by rats or mice.
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    F2kSel wrote: »
    Got to say I hate the loose carrots they're always half eaten by rats or mice.

They grow a lot of carrots round our way (sandy soil). Should see where them farmers leave the carrots hanging around for days before the trucks come for them.:eek: My late lamented dog once killed a rat the size of the average cat just yards away from a pile of sugar beet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Their stance on frankenfoods.
  • copthis1copthis1 Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Asda attracts ugly people, the fat, track suit bottom wearing bints dragging around their ugly kids and her mother with the moustache and hairy warts.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    In my local Asda, if one of the staff has a birthday that day, there will be the following announcement over the P.A. system :
    "And today it XX's birthday, Happy Birthday from all your friends" And then the announcer (usually female) will launch into a REALLY shitty karaoke version of Stevie Wonders' "Happy Birthday to Ya"
    That's just one thing has gets on my nerves about supermarkets.

i`d actually go to asda FOR that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    The fact it's my place of work.

Ditto, although it's not as bad as I thought it would be.
  • Richard1960Richard1960 Posts: 20,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its owned by Walmart enough said.
  • TVGirl319TVGirl319 Posts: 2,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my local Asda, if one of the staff has a birthday that day, there will be the following announcement over the P.A. system :
    "And today it XX's birthday, Happy Birthday from all your friends" And then the announcer (usually female) will launch into a REALLY shitty karaoke version of Stevie Wonders' "Happy Birthday to Ya"
    That's just one thing has gets on my nerves about supermarkets.

I know its not ASDA or any other supermarket, but I hate that sort of thing in restaurants!! You go out for a nice, pleasant meal and then suddenly the staff come out with this stupid ruckus, and singing "Happy Birthday", which is enough to break the decibel barrier, with a cake with sparklers blazing and then the whole restaurant is expected to celebrate a customers birthday, of which the customer and about 10-15 of his/her friends and family have reserved the whole restaurant for!!:eek::eek::eek:
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Asda, it's Tesco I absolutely hate. On the rare occasion I go in any Tesco, I always come out feeling like I need a bath. Their stores are always dirty and full of skanky people. Asda always seems more civilised around here!
  • Fred E StarFred E Star Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Epicurean wrote: »
    Last time I was in Asda I put 4 items in a basket, then found there was no "baskets only" checkout. There was a self service checkout, with a long queue of customers pushing trolleys, and a sign saying "up to about 10 items"...which could mean anything up to about 25.

I found a "customer service" desk....laughable name....and asked where the "baskets only" checkout was. I was told they didnt have any, so I left my basket on her desk and walked out.

I later sent an e-mail complaining about what had happened....that was a year ago, I'm still waiting for a reply.

Asda clearly feel that they have a clientele who are forced to use them, because they cant afford to shop anywhere better, and hence they dont have to try at all.

Great stuff. You sure told them!
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my local Asda, the toilets always stink. I only go in there when I go to the dentist (every 6 months) as it's right next door, yet they always smell the same.
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TVGirl319 wrote: »
    I know its not ASDA or any other supermarket, but I hate that sort of thing in restaurants!! You go out for a nice, pleasant meal and then suddenly the staff come out with this stupid ruckus, and singing "Happy Birthday", which is enough to break the decibel barrier, with a cake with sparklers blazing and then the whole restaurant is expected to celebrate a customers birthday, of which the customer and about 10-15 of his/her friends and family have reserved the whole restaurant for!!:eek::eek::eek:

It depends where you dine, I've never seen that sort of thing in the restaurants I use, its the sort of thing you see more of in the States.
  • copthis1copthis1 Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another stupid American tradition....................
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's low score in Scrabble, just 5 points which is the same as Lidl and Aldi.

Tesco is an improvement with 7 and Morrisons scores 11.

Sainsbury's would be the best with 15, but of course technically you can't have the apostrophe.
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing really, it's just a shop.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone mentioned the quality of meats at Asda. I've just changed dentists and went for a check up. Right next door to is a giant Asda. Bought some minced pork to make sausage patties. Won't be doing that again. Worst minced pork I have ever had with a horrible stringy texture that made me seriously question what the hell was in it. Had one bite of one cooked patty and that was enough to ensure the rest went in the bin.
  • HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Soton area delivery manager is a total A hole
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    My local one always seems to have people hanging about right in front of the entrance and exit (doors). I wouldn't mind if they stood to the side but they almost block you and it's a task just trying to get into the shop.

I hate it when people let their little kids run about in the shop. You walk into an aisle and some kid runs right into you, their parents don't even give a crap.
  • c0boc0bo Posts: 6,468
    Forum Member
    I hate that the Asda near me is small I just wish it was bigger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's only one thing I hate about Asda - the stupid self service machines at my local always seem to either go on the blink, or else fudge up in some other way before, during or after I can finish scanning all my items and paying.