Options

What did your boss give you for Christmas?

Comments

• Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Nothing. As per usual.
  • Options
    caraxcarax Posts: 3,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We got an email wishing us Merry Xmas. The two days off she was obliged to give us or she'd probably have had us working! No Xmas do either, and we were too demoralised and scunnered of the place to organise anything ourselves. :(
  • Options
    PencilBreathPencilBreath Posts: 3,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ic wrote: »
    All 240 of us got Virgin Experience day gift cards .

Virgin experience?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    Thanks :) i'm looking into setting up my own buisness in the new year , i'm quite nifty with computers and i've noticed a lack of pc repair shops in my city and atm the council are helping new buisnesses set up as they want the empty small shops occupied , so i'm going to look into that.

Good luck. I hope it all turns out well for you. Hope you have a lovely Christmas.
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got a cheap bottle of wine off my supervisor.And I got her a cheap box of chocolates.

Same as every year I have worked there!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing :(
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bottle of Bowmore.
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    A tin of Celebrations, to be shared with everybody else in the office - one of whom is fat and extremely greedy so I had to be fast to get to the Galaxies.
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A card, and being allowed to knock off at 12pm today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    seems like NHS trust is skinter than ever this year, no card from the boss :D
  • Options
    GiraffeGirlGiraffeGirl Posts: 13,619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nada from the big boss. He did say not to work too hard over the break.

From my head of achievement team (who bizarrely is actually slightly subordinate to me in general terms of the structure of work) gave me a card and some chocolates.

Admittedly I bought none of my team anything.
  • Options
    VioletSummersVioletSummers Posts: 1,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    My wages and exhaustion

This, +a couple of tins of sweets to share between the department (about 50 of us)
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    avasgranny wrote: »
    Good luck. I hope it all turns out well for you. Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

Hope you do too :)
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One got me a box of chocolates, the other got me a poinsettia. I am on a diet (well I have abandonned it for Christmas)and cr*p with plants but it's the thought that counts!
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Nothing but seasonal greetings.
  • Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Presents? A nice meal? Anything at all?
    Not a sausage as I don't have a boss, but hub got a 1 week bonus, so it's all good. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nada from the big boss. He did say not to work too hard over the break.

From my head of achievement team (who bizarrely is actually slightly subordinate to me in general terms of the structure of work) gave me a card and some chocolates.

Admittedly I bought none of my team anything.
    You can always share the chocolates :D
  • Options
    jimjohn63jimjohn63 Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    On our last day ,we usually start work at 9,not 7.30 then tidy the place up a bit till 10.30,have a drink and nibbles till 11o clock then head for a pub till 1oclock when we meet up with the boss at a restaurant where he buys us a nice meal and wine etc.
    this year he said we can have the last day off as our Xmas bonus.......can't help feeling we've been cheated:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This, +a couple of tins of sweets to share between the department (about 50 of us)
    Just being curious, would that be 1 sweet each, if you add both tins? Are the tins large or small?
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eff all. I'm glad to have a few days off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimjohn63 wrote: »
    On our last day ,we usually start work at 9,not 7.30 then tidy the place up a bit till 10.30,have a drink and nibbles till 11o clock then head for a pub till 1oclock when we meet up with the boss at a restaurant where he buys us a nice meal and wine etc.
    this year he said we can have the last day off as our Xmas bonus.......can't help feeling we've been cheated:(
    Sounds like your boss gave himself a good deal, as he could have felt the nibbles and drink earlier on was enough of a celebration. Last day off isn't a bad deal really as you can please yourself that day. :)
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Thanks :) i'm looking into setting up my own buisness in the new year , i'm quite nifty with computers and i've noticed a lack of pc repair shops in my city and atm the council are helping new buisnesses set up as they want the empty small shops occupied , so i'm going to look into that.

Good for you.
    Go for it.
    All the best for 2014 and I hope it all works out well for you :)
  • Options
    jimjohn63jimjohn63 Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Dix wrote: »
    Sounds like your boss gave himself a good deal, as he could have felt the nibbles and drink earlier on was enough of a celebration. Last day off isn't a bad deal really as you can please yourself that day. :)

Yeah well we supply the drink and nibbles. He got a good deal alright,he gave us the day we do no work off and saved him buying us(there are 4 of us)a meal.
    It's about the only day I like going to work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimjohn63 wrote: »
    Yeah well we supply the drink and nibbles. He got a good deal alright,he gave us the day we do no work off and saved him buying us(there are 4 of us)a meal.
    It's about the only day I like going to work.
    Only 4 of you...hmm, Bossman could have tried harder, as 4 people wouldn't have broken his wallet. Maybe you and others don't supply nibbles and drink next time, and let him do that after a lot of hints that you all prefer the pub meal as it's more friendly, or something like that.

But you have one consolation, Christmas without him. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    IzzyS wrote: »
    and yet your username is Job Seeker and your location is at the job centre? not keen on your job? lol

I registered here for help on my CV a year or so ago if you look at my first post. I have since obviously found a job.