Options

Bridget Metcalfe

Does anyone know what's happened to the her show on BBC in the East on Sunday evenings

Comments

• Options
    John_ChJohn_Ch Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know what's happened to the her show on BBC in the East on Sunday evenings

It's been dropped. The John Leech soul show has been given an extra hour & Sue Marchant is on after Leechy at 7pm.
  • Options
    BoeyBoey Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Even though I found her show quite a good listen, I am really pleased Leachy has been given an extra hour. 2 hours just wasn't enough! :)
  • Options
    John_ChJohn_Ch Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Boey wrote: »
    Even though I found her show quite a good listen, I am really pleased Leachy has been given an extra hour. 2 hours just wasn't enough! :)

I agree Boey. John is one of radio's most underrated presenters and his knowledge of soul is second to none. In case you're not aware he can also be heard Monday to Saturday on Time 107.5 (which is available online if you're not in East London or West Essex).
  • Options
    Danny H 73Danny H 73 Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    John_Ch wrote: »
    I agree Boey. John is one of radio's most underrated presenters and his knowledge of soul is second to none. In case you're not aware he can also be heard Monday to Saturday on Time 107.5 (which is available online if you're not in East London or West Essex).

Fully agree - Johns show is a not to be missed listen each week - a great blend of classic soul, lesser known tracks and the best of the new soul releases coming out - some of which are damn good

John has many loyal listeners from his great shows on Essex Radio in the 80s / early 90s (including me) and it's good that they've found him again. Thank goodness the BBC can see something that GWR
    couldn't.

The extra hour till 7 is only available on BBC Essex (where the show originates from) and BBC Suffolk.

Always enjoyed Bridget's shows too but I guess it's now the same acts doing the theatre/music circuits in the East and she's interviewed them all many times during the show's long run - I think she also teaches singing so I would imagine that keeps her more than busy!