You can hug mummy in a moment...

ArtoisArtois Posts: 3,604
Forum Member
✭✭✭
As if I didn't already think Gillian McKeith was self centred enough, I was quite shocked last night that she put posing in front of the cameras (after the bridge) before giving her wee daughter, who appeared to be quite distressed, a hug.

All of the other celebs couldn't wait to get their hands on their kids. :mad:

Comments

• tongs ya basstongs ya bass Posts: 731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That told you all you need to know about that woman, her motivation and her aim.

That wee girl looked miserable. :mad:
  • Abbasolutely 40Abbasolutely 40 Posts: 15,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Everything Gillian is was encapsulated in that one sentance .,I felt so sorry for that little girl who needed her mummy and mummy was only interested in press exposure .

Also when Britt spoke to the girls the little said "Is my mummy ok "" she was an anxious little thing ,
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really felt for those poor girls, especially the younger one. :(
  • gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    I felt so sorry for them, poor children.
    Gillian obviously loves them very very much, she just loves herself that little bit more...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    poor kids, not even allowed to have a hair cut either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I can only agree. I've just been watching it with my daughter (11) who is home from school after an operation yesterday. We both felt quite tearful.
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gooddoer wrote: »
    I can only agree. I've just been watching it with my daughter (11) who is home from school after an operation yesterday. We both felt quite tearful.

Awww. I hope Mini-Gooddoer has a speedy recovery. :)
  • UnrealityTVUnrealityTV Posts: 1,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gav016 wrote: »
    I felt so sorry for them, poor children.
    Gillian obviously loves them very very much
    Does she? Didn't look particularly 'obvious' from what I saw last night, especially the younger kid.
  • EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed this moment last night, and it did seem to sum up Gillian completely. You'd think most parents would make a beeline for their kids to hug them after several days away, rather than making them wait while they strike poses for the cameras.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ellef wrote: »
    I noticed this moment last night, and it did seem to sum up Gillian completely. You'd think most parents would make a beeline for their kids to hug them after several days away, rather than making them wait while they strike poses for the cameras.

Dreaful woman. When my youngest came back after a four day school trip, I burst into tears and ran to meet her, not ashamed to admit it.
  • mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what does it say when the child doesn't automatically run to her mother?, i would have thought all children as soon as they see their mother, especially after she's been away for a while would run and fling themselves into her arms,.. i think it says a lot that the little girl even though she didn't want to be photographed!, didn't run to her mother straight away!....:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    That younger daughter is going to have ac omplex in later life - you can see it happening right before your eyes!

Mummy'll hug you in a minute....

You don't want a picture? OK stand over there then...

Nice work by the Coming Out show production team too - making *very* clear what they thought of her.
  • jencojenco Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    diary_room wrote: »
    That younger daughter is going to have ac omplex in later life - you can see it happening right before your eyes!

Mummy'll hug you in a minute....

You don't want a picture? OK stand over there then...

Nice work by the Coming Out show production team too - making *very* clear what they thought of her.

My thoughts entirely. The production team did a great job of saying it all.

I felt desperately sorry for her daughters - especially the youngest one who was teary for reasons I wasn't entirely clear on. But she didn't want to be on camera. How Gillian could ignore her and tell her to move out of the way at that point was just one of the worse parenting actions I have ever seen.

Meanwhile Gillian was doing her OTT poses to make sure she was getting more camera time. Up to now I just thought she was extremely irritating and a horrible woman but that bit made me very angry about what she is doing to those innocent kids.

Not to mention the father for letting them take all the media coverage on their own without being there. What's all this about a flying phobia - I cannot believe this man travels to and from his home country of the USA via ship each time. He must have been aware of what was being said in the media and so what his girls would have to deal with out there. Plus how awful for them to be in that tent each morning with the others and overhearing what folk were saying about her then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    Simply horrible, I too felt nothing but sympathy for those 2 girls.
    The youngest looked so unhappy.

But what do you expect from the sort of lunatic who, after that appalling series of displays, is convinced 'the show is here' and that it would all be boring without her?

I though the show got a lot better without her.
  • viewer123viewer123 Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I thought I was coming to Australia for a nice holiday" what a complete bullsh*tter.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no getting away from it - those girls are bound to have loads of issues.:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I was so glad they left this in because it showed Gillian completely for what she was, that poor child hadn't seen her mum & just wanted a hug, can't imagine how she felt, those kids are going to have such issues. I found it really sad.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know if the kids are vegan too?

I know they are home schooled and although there is nothing wrong with that in principal, God alone only knows what lessons their batty mother teaches them.
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jenco wrote: »
    Plus how awful for them to be in that tent each morning with the others and overhearing what folk were saying about her then.

That also struck me as being extremely unfair. Adults can easily cope with their nearest and dearest being slagged off - they know their worst points, and they also know it's a pressurized situation and things get said. Children see things in black and white, and if someone slags off their mother, that's got to hurt, even if your mother is Gillian McKeith. I think the show should have refused to have the children come over without a responsible adult to look after them, so they had someone to talk to.
  • Joni MJoni M Posts: 70,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watch a lot of RTV and whilst I often feign disgust and indeed, am genuinely offended by certain characters (especially in BB), I have NEVER felt such a revulsion towards an individual I've never met until now.

That particular moment left me with a feeling of such abhorrence it disturbed me.

No wonder 'GM' foods are considered bad.
  • susie-4964susie-4964 Posts: 23,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    No wonder 'GM' foods are considered bad.

That is VERY good! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    That also struck me as being extremely unfair. Adults can easily cope with their nearest and dearest being slagged off - they know their worst points, and they also know it's a pressurized situation and things get said. Children see things in black and white, and if someone slags off their mother, that's got to hurt, even if your mother is Gillian McKeith. I think the show should have refused to have the children come over without a responsible adult to look after them, so they had someone to talk to.

I agree Susie, I can't believe they didn't have a chaperone, and IF they did, ITV should have showed it. It was most upsettingfseeing them wee kids have to witness what they did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    susie-4964 wrote: »
    That is VERY good! :D

Glad you got it :D
  • lucy manelucy mane Posts: 10,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poor kids.

Typical UK though. She is going to be on a lot of the chat-shows this week. We reward idiots like her.
    Look at Kerry Katona. I wouldn't be surprised if ITV offer her own Reality TV show.
  • EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joni M wrote: »
    I agree Susie, I can't believe they didn't have a chaperone, and IF they did, ITV should have showed it. It was most upsettingfseeing them wee kids have to witness what they did.

I did glimpse a woman with the girls when they got into the vehicle which took them to meet Gillian on her exit from the jungle. Possibly a nanny of some sort. Not quite the same as having Daddy there though. :(