Options

CBB fees and wanting to leave

TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
Forum Member
One of the annoying things about this CBB series - and others - was the constant whining from the HMs about how they wanted to leave. Obviously civilians do that too, but then their series are three or four times as long.

Am I right in thinking that the celebs get paid the same if they are the first evictee as if they reach the final (unless they walk)? So it's only natural that people who just want the cash (and not the exposure) don't want to stay in?

If so, an obvious solution would be for BB to make somewhat more generous offers to celebs, but only paying them the full amount if they reach the final. They get 60-70% for walking in the door, and then gradually accrue the rest according to how many days/evictions they survive.

It might sharpen up the nominations a bit too.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never quite understood why in Celeb BB, the winner gets nothing the others don't get. They all leave with their full fee, unless they walked. Strange.
  • Options
    Chris_P_WhiteChris_P_White Posts: 586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would sharpen their competitive selves if they were more acutely aware that it's a game show. So pay them accordingly! (After all, they're mostly looking for a career re-vamp anyway....)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    I do think the CBB winner should get a little trophy, maybe a little glass eye.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    *Cough*

:o
  • Options
    BunionsBunions Posts: 15,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I mentioned this in a thread I did a few weeks back and I agree with you. It's horrible to watch a bunch of Celebs sitting around moaning about how much they'd rather be doing something else :mad:

The show has been on long enough now for them to have an idea about what it is going to be like and nobody is forced to sign-up.

I think that percentages works a principle but I would give probably only about 30% of the overall fee to those who only last a week. I would say that that should get kicked up to 60% to all who survive the 1st eviction.

The reason why I'm being so mean is because that would (hopefully) put an end to those who really do want to get out asap.

I would give everyone in the last week 80%, all the finalists 90% and the winner 100%
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The celebs should get a payment guaranteed then s bonus for every day they stay in the house plus a bonus for being 3rd, 2nd and 1st. Then they would be a lot more bothered about winning.
  • Options
    Steph_CuckowSteph_Cuckow Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if the cash prize for cbb still goes to charity? Or is it all about the celebs now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bunions wrote: »
    I mentioned this in a thread I did a few weeks back and I agree with you. It's horrible to watch a bunch of Celebs sitting around moaning about how much they'd rather be doing something else :mad:

The show has been on long enough now for them to have an idea about what it is going to be like and nobody is forced to sign-up.

I think that percentages works a principle but I would give probably only about 30% of the overall fee to those who only last a week. I would say that that should get kicked up to 60% to all who survive the 1st eviction.

The reason why I'm being so mean is because that would (hopefully) put an end to those who really do want to get out asap.

I would give everyone in the last week 80%, all the finalists 90% and the winner 100%
    A low payout for the first evictee might well work.

Danielle would probably have killed someone. :eek:
    Does anyone know if the cash prize for cbb still goes to charity? Or is it all about the celebs now
    I don't think charities get anything to speak of now - certainly not a big pay out at the end to the winner's choice.

We'd be hearing a lot more about it if it was happening.
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    duncann wrote: »
    The celebs should get a payment guaranteed then s bonus for every day they stay in the house plus a bonus for being 3rd, 2nd and 1st. Then they would be a lot more bothered about winning.
    Agree. They need to make it competitive when it comes to the celebrities. Some of them don't get into the spirit of it while they are in the house.

Make it competitive with bonus money on the line.
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I doubt many celebrities would enter if they weren't paid 100% of their fee.
  • Options
    EllefEllef Posts: 4,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Trumbles wrote: »
    A low payout for the first evictee might well work.

Danielle would probably have killed someone. :eek:

I don't think charities get anything to speak of now - certainly not a big pay out at the end to the winner's choice.

We'd be hearing a lot more about it if it was happening.

Having at least a portion of the winner's prize or fee go to charity might concentrate a few minds and stop the whining. I wonder why it was stopped?
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah there should be something extra for the winner - an incentive to do well. Maybe some cash for a charity of their choice.
  • Options
    Janice 65Janice 65 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carbonate wrote: »
    I do think the CBB winner should get a little trophy, maybe a little glass eye.
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    pie-eyedpie-eyed Posts: 8,456
    Forum Member
    xeo wrote: »
    I doubt many celebrities would enter if they weren't paid 100% of their fee.

You're right they wouldn't.

Something needs to be sorted out though because this lot were the most boring celebrities ever to walk through the door. Apart from only a couple of exceptions, they sat there unashamedly admitting they weren't interested and were just waiting for their money. These people are supposed to be entertainers. I know no-one can give"show time" 24/7 and I don't want to see them doing their "act" but, as a viewer, I don't want to hear them whinging about not want to be on the programme that is actually paying the money.
  • Options
    Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louie Spence commented, in the DR, that there is no bonus for winning.......

So, perhaps there should be !!......this year, only the desperate, Lauren ? - and competitive, Charlotte/Mario ? were eager to reach the Final.

SCD are, apparently, paying their contestants on a scale rate, with a bonus for reaching quarter/semi finals etc....
  • Options
    HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    There is no prize for CBB is there, it's just a job to them, they get paid to go in the house.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ellef wrote: »
    Having at least a portion of the winner's prize or fee go to charity might concentrate a few minds and stop the whining. I wonder why it was stopped?
    Are you joking, they don't get a winners prize or any other prize, they get paid to go in, if they didn't they wouldn't go in.
  • Options
    Lordy LordyLordy Lordy Posts: 1,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's always been about the 'celebs'.

I'm sure over the different series a very small majority might have donated to a charity of their choice.

But we have now got to the stage where we can't even call the so called celebs, z listers. Most of the them are sad, has-beens looking for their last big pay day, so I can't really see any of their wedge finding its way to charity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's always been about the 'celebs'.

I'm sure over the different series a very small majority might have donated to a charity of their choice.

But we have now got to the stage where we can't even call the so called celebs, z listers. Most of the them are sad, has-beens looking for their last big pay day, so I can't really see any of their wedge finding its way to charity.
    You are so right, they so need the money themselves, otherwise they wouldn't be in the house.
  • Options
    PeteIvyPeteIvy Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    Im sure there has been in the past. IIRC, Bez got a lump sum at the end and said he was going to spend it on pimping his van!!
  • Options
    matteymattey Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    Maybe they could pay a negoiated fee for going into the house and then bonus money for reaching the final which is usually the last 5 that way they would have an incentive for staying. i agree its too easy for celebs to go in pick up their cheque and leave without having to work for it at all.
  • Options
    urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The issue with paying based on eviction order is that often the celebrities evicted mid-way or even earlier provide a lot of entertainment. I think paying more to those who reach the end would just encourage them all to be even more inoffensive to avoid eviction.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think there should be a BIG prize for winning, half that for coming second, and then set amounts per eviction with the number of evictions known beforehand. Stick Bruce's dismal £15,000 as the first eviction rate and increase gradually. That would keep them motivated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PeteIvy wrote: »
    Im sure there has been in the past. IIRC, Bez got a lump sum at the end and said he was going to spend it on pimping his van!!
    That would have been his wages, or whatever fee he was paid, they wouldn't get it till the bend anyway.
    They probably send in an invoice like any company would do.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if they where playing for a charity as well and 30k went to the charity of the winners choice.