Transferring files to PC

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
Forum Member
I have tried both eLinker and Media Centre, and while the latter is much better, afetr a while the transfer fails, and the Humax locks up, and has to be powered down to unfreeze it. Latest v21 on Humax.

I have looked through the various other posts, but don't know what to try now - or perhaps just give up. I may have to reconnect my old analogue DVD recorder to try to get the content off.

Henry

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 249
    Forum Member
    If you're up to doing a very easy mod on the Humax (invalidates the warranty, but can easily be reversed) look at 9200TReadFiles or the newer version, which I think is called HummyReadFiles. And look for posts regarding son_t's modification.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    The machines(2) are both relatively new, and I decided that the warranty was more important.

I'll dust off my DVD recorder for transfer. Would I be correct to think that a transfer to DVD should be little or no worse than recording directly from a freeview box?

Henry
  • jw75jw75 Posts: 391
    Forum Member
    Others have found that a lot of other activity can cause failures, especially recording at the same time.
    It's best to transfer when you're not watching or recording. Some say tuning to channel 305 or one not currently on-air can help.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Thanks, I'll give this a try. Must have missed the comment in earlier posts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 245
    Forum Member
    Before giving up I'd suggest make sure the problem isn't being caused by the PC. Check your power settings. Is your screensaver cutting in or is the PC set to go to sleep after a period of apparent inactivity. I had a similar experience when I first tried downloading onto my Laptop.