Options

New Cat Advice

2»

Comments

• Options
    LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    I agree a lot of cats are not keen on their 'own' bed, but in this case the cat is not allowed into a room with a sofa or bed in it, and the OP was annoyed when she made a bed in a drawer, so she presumably has very limited places to rest at the moment. Hopefully that has now been sorted out though.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Don't talk to me about beds!!My two love cardboard boxes, we had a jumper fall on the floor the other day and they nested in it....so the weekend we got a really nice 2 way bed for them. An early Christmas present. A hidey hole for Ellla who likes being tucked away and a nice top part for Effie...have they looked at it!!!! :mad:

Effie is curled up on the settee.
    Ella is layed on the radioator cover

Bed, empty.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a bed when I got my two kittens- they have never used it once- they sleep on the sofa, beds, window ledges, kitchen chairs, the floor- anywhere other than their bed!

My cats don't have a cat bed either, but they do have my bed, the sofa, the clean washing I've put in a pile ontop of my chest of drawers :o etc... basically, the run of the house. This new cat has no bed, and no access to any other rooms by the look of it.... :(
  • Options
    LippincoteLippincote Posts: 7,132
    Forum Member
    funkycub wrote: »
    Don't talk to me about beds!!My two love cardboard boxes, we had a jumper fall on the floor the other day and they nested in it....so the weekend we got a really nice 2 way bed for them. An early Christmas present. A hidey hole for Ellla who likes being tucked away and a nice top part for Effie...have they looked at it!!!! :mad:

Effie is curled up on the settee.
    Ella is layed on the radioator cover

Bed, empty.

Try putting that jumper (or something else that you've worn and not washed) in the official bed. They like to nest on things that smell of you, and the new bed will smell quite alien. (You can remove the jumper when they've got used to the bed;)).
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    Lippincote wrote: »
    Try putting that jumper (or something else that you've worn and not washed) in the official bed. They like to nest on things that smell of you, and the new bed will smell quite alien. (You can remove the jumper when they've got used to the bed;)).

tried that - suddenly the jumper holds no interest!! :rolleyes: