Helen, who do you think you are

123457»

Comments

• strato222strato222 Posts: 1,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cat- wrote: »
    Someone posted a video clip on another thread where the whole house are united and cheering to that effect. Ashleigh in fact is pretty vocal in it.

If that means she's turned a corner and now trying to get along with everyone, then I think that's a good thing. I disliked her immensely when she was passing judgment on everyone and acting like she was superior. As for Danielle? I think she has paid a lot of lip service to Ashleigh, but obviously given her actions, she didn't have the same passion as Ashleigh. :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnJMpC4OEzk
    The video wasn't about Ashleigh. Go to 2:00 on the video to see the person who's been the cause of all the conflict STILL pushing the blame onto Ashleigh.
  • B*witchedB*witched Posts: 5,647
    Forum Member
    LuverlyAJ wrote: »
    You are entirely missing the point.
    It's different and you will not see it.

No I take your point but disagree. I don't see Ashleigh 'venting' and making cutting remarks about people who have done nothing but be supportive of her and regard her as a friend in the house as okay. It's two faced and a bit childish.

Have I not also said Helen was very much in the wrong? We're talking degrees of nastiness and who is the worst. I'm not trying to put one above the other just pointing out that they're both wrong. And as for Jale, she's a grown woman who made up her own mind to settle her beef with Helen off her own bat for the sake of peace in the house. Her decision.
  • dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She see's Helen as a bully, which she is. The majority of the public see this also.

Helen is always trying to turn the house against an individual.

Don't you remember when she was turning everyone against Slugsworth for rolling her eyes at Queen Pauline. Too long ago ?

BIB Exactly, and that is the reason I have not one ounce of empathy for her. I can't bear or tolerate bullies, not under any circumstances.
  • momoriromomoriro Posts: 2,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How a thread about Helen develops into lets bash Ashleigh?:confused:
    There is nothing genuine about Helen and Ash's so called friendship, he stays close too her for protection as she is there until the final so his security is guaranteed being Helen's mini me meantime is a price he's willing too pay for that security, Helen is his insurance policy in the house, she has them all terrorised in there, it's worse than a dictatorship as the possibility exists that a dictator may be overthrown they can't get rid of Hellish-Helen the public can't as far as they know no one can. Ash can't wait too get out of the house at the final:D and shag everything in sight.
    Helen on the other hand has a bit of a thing for Ash and stupidly believes he secretly has one for her, she thinks he genuinely cares for her and they will get together upon leaving the house. Dream on Helen!:D
  • Forget-me-notForget-me-not Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    She does engage her mouth without putting her brain into gear. I would question why Helen felt the need to warn Danielle off Ashleigh, it's not as though Ashleigh has said anything bad about Dani, so there really was no need for Dani to be involved in that conversation, the only possible reason was to try and turn Ashleigh's only friend (albeit a fake friend) against her. I don't think Helen can get the better of Ashleigh, as Ash will give as good as she gets vocally without the need to scream. Helen is incapable of airing her grievances without an audience and screaming over people, what Ashleigh said about Helen was right "she doesn't listen"
    Helen has redeemed herself and shown a less aggressive abusive side to a degree, whether that's due to the warnings or not remains to be seen.

I think the continued dislike of Helen is because many feel that her more moderated behaviour is entirely due to the warnings. Helen is such a dominating force in that house, she very much wants to be top dog and while eveyone is in their place and not upsetting her and she is in the right mood and things are going her way she is fine and the nice side comes out to play. However, in the wrong mood, or in drink, or upset in any way, or perhaps even if the wind changes direction she goes in to an aggressive attack mode until she gets the situation/reaction/outcome she wants. Helen is incredibly self centred, which is why every one else feel they have to costantly walk on eggshells because they are frightened of upsetting her. Didn't one of the housemates remark that the whole mood of the house depends on her moods?

I do not like Ashlieigh's language which is sometimes awful and doesn't show her up well but I do feel she has more empathy than Helen and only isolated herself because she has a similar stubborness to Helen and was not willing to pussyfoot around her like most of the others. She has been reacting, not always well, to a situation driven by Helen and that is the difference.